Game #76: Toronto Raptors 99 - Boston Celtics 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    lol. You're joking, but that's exactly it.

After we gained the #1 seed in the division, maintained that through the all-star break and went on that long winning streak - teams are respecting us like we are a real contender (i.e. NBA Finals). If we lose the #1 seed, we'll probably lose that respect and then it's back to pretender status, in the eyes of many.

Of course, there are those guys like: Paul Pierce, Stephen A, Bayless, Shaq, Kenny, etc... who will still say we're pretenders, even if we win it all. smh. They'll make up some sh*t why the other team lost it, instead of us actually being good.
    Skip Bayless actually gives the Raptors credit, he's not really part of the #BashCanadaCrew.

He has a multitude of other problems when it comes to his sports commentary, but that's not one of them.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Skip Bayless actually gives the Raptors credit, he's not really part of the #BashCanadaCrew.

He has a multitude of other problems when it comes to his sports commentary, but that's not one of them.
      Fox Sports’ talking head Skip Bayless drew the ire of plenty of Raptors fans and local media members alike earlier this week when he said the “baby dino’s” weren’t in the same class as LeBron’s Cavaliers. And boy did he revel in his take on Thursday morning:

“Toronto is still Toronto,” Bayless said. “Didn’t I tell you yesterday?” When co-host Shannon Sharpe said that the Raptors “are a good team,” Bayless continued “— until it’s time. They look good…until they step on the floor against the beasts of the East and then they turn right back into the baby dinosaurs, or just the Raptors. That’s what they are. They’re just the Raptors. The East is over."
      https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...aby-dinosaurs/

Comment

• shaolin fantastic wrote: View Post
        skip bayless actually gives the raptors credit, he's not really part of the #bashcanadacrew.

he has a multitude of other problems when it comes to his sports commentary, but that's not one of them.

what planet do you live on?

Comment

• Hmm weird. Skip flip flops a lot (as long as it's not about LeBron or Tebow). I could have sworn I heard him speaking favourably about Toronto recently.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Yes we're a real contender. I mean to the point that anyone can be as long as the Warriors exist (nobody is beating that team at full strength in the playoffs). I think we COULD in theory beat any other team in a series.

Just because I don't think we WILL go to the finals doesn't mean we CAN'T.
            "This team is not going to the finals"

Sounds pretty definitive to me. Or this just covering your ass from your latest hot take
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
            X