Game #76: Toronto Raptors 99 - Boston Celtics 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebrian wrote: View Post
    Wow, looking at those lineups there's really no excuse. Time to kick some Celtic butt!
    Nah Celtics play hard
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

This is going to sound completely selfish and callous..but hey we're at this board for the raptors...i really hope whatever is wrong in the family doesn't worsen during the playoffs
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Ok i'm going to stop criticizing DeRozan now. I think i have an idea why he looked disenterested lately.

Not sure it's so ominous (tho it may be). He has taken time off before when he could and now that they have this long stretch, it makes sense to let him go. That said, he has not missed a practice, so this is new

Comment

KeonClark wrote:
          This is going to sound completely selfish and callous..but hey we're at this board for the raptors...i really hope whatever is wrong in the family doesn't worsen during the playoffs
          Regardless of whether things get worse, DeMar's dealing with a lot right now. Mom has lupus, Dad has kidney problems, he split with his long-term partner, and he's grappling with depression.

There's really no quick fix for any of that. We can hope that he can block it all out and focus on the game when the playoffs come, but he's human. If he struggles I won't blame him. It would suck, but that's life.

But if he can overcome it, it would certainly be an indicator that he's reached that elite superstar level that is reserved for truly special players.

Comment

Since the new year, I think that's like the 3rd or 4th time he went back, I really hope his parents, as well as his aunt, are okay.

I think this kinda explains the slight dropoff he had, at one point he was averaging like 24/5/4/1.5/0.3 on 47% and 39 form deep
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I think it says a lot about Demar that he's going through all of these personal challenges and hasn't missed a game (other than the rest game) and apparently very few practices. It's very unfortunate that this all came about when he might have his best chance ever to make an NBA final. He is certainly a professional and will try to play through it but there is no doubt that it has an impact. Some of his sloppy turnovers of late and poor defence (well that's kind of a chronic issue) seem to fit for a guy who is preoccupied with other things. Hopefully the intensity of the playoffs will bring his full attention and we'll see the player again we had earlier in the season. I do know of what I speak because when I'm not wasting time writing in this forum I am a psychiatrist. I've worked with some elite athletes and their performance absolutely was affected by depression or anxiety.

Comment

Washington lost. Tanking to fall to 7th and avoid Cleveland and get Boston?

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  I think Porter got hurt in this one.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Beal missed part of the game too. Was a rough game for the Wizards.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Not good. I hope any off court situations sort out (don't want to be insensitive at all) because we need his head entirely in the game.

Comment

Shit I hope his fam will be okay. This definitely makes sense with the way he's been playing but its whatever, fam always comes first. Hopefully things get better for him and his family #wegotyou

Comment

both philly and indy could finish ahead of cav's still too many games left to nail down seeding

Comment

I forgot to mention:

Fuck the Celtics.

Comment

GSW beat down by the Bucks....
                              Golden State got Green and Durant back from missing 6 games with a cracked rib and he was ejected in the first half. Curryy (ankle sprain) and Klay Thompson still out with a broken thumb.

NBA finals could be touch more wide open now....

Comment

Tanking to fall to 8th to face us

Comment

Working...
                                X