No announcement yet.

Game #76: Toronto Raptors 99 - Boston Celtics 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Mon Nov 25, 2019, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
      The Celtics defense you mean?
      Lots and lots of good open looks. Our defense was bad but our offense was good; just couldn't get anything to drop.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        We won’t do that to you
        Lol...of course ...

Theres a few classics already...

Not that fandom ever over reacts ....
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Yikes. That is not a good sign.

It means they just basically beat up on bad teams.
          Yes, but not intentionally. Our depth is just so good that our bench runs up the score against bad teams, when normally the gap would be closing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Lol...of course ...

Theres a few classics already...

Not that fandom ever over reacts ....

Passion rules

Comment

The Celtics defense you mean?
              Some of it was defense...and some were very open looks....
              - TGO

Comment

• I'm just upset that 60 wins is looking less and less likely by the day. I thought it was a sure thing just a couple of weeks ago

Comment

Passion rules
                  And there will be wheelbarrows of it...steaming loads of it...till the next win....
                  - TGO

Comment

• I hate when the Raptors play down to trash opposition. Oh well.

In seriousness, this was an odd game. Probably over at the 4th Q break if not for frigid shooting from the Raps and a bizarre scoring burst from Aron Baynes. Sadly, was not, and CJ made sure the Celts got a nice lead out of it (he was so awful tonight), then Casey decided to play Russian Roulette with the rotation to close the game. Like, of the ten most used two man pairings in this game, the Serge-JV frontcourt was the only one with a positive plus-minus, and it felt like the only one Casey didn’t try late. Just close with the starters, dude.

In any case, the minutes we lost in this game came doing crap we wouldn’t do in a real matchup. I don’t know if Casey has suddenly gone nuts, or if he’s playing possum with potential playoff opponents, but there have been some odd rotation choices and non-adjustments in recent games. I’m going to mark it down as an area to watch rather than a real concern, considering most of this season has been good in that area.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      I'm just upset that 60 wins is looking less and less likely by the day. I thought it was a sure thing just a couple of weeks ago
                      Yeah, it was always going to come down to the wire even if they kept playing well, but I don’t see it happening now. Possible, but obviously very unlikely at this point.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        I'm just upset that 60 wins is looking less and less likely by the day. I thought it was a sure thing just a couple of weeks ago
                        Schedule has a way of doing that. Everybody thought Boston was jesus at the beginning of the year but they had a very light schedule to start and came back down to earth from their 16-0 win streak. Our schedule was much more difficult to begin the season but we played very well and persevered. Then for a good stretch it got far easier and we dominated. We've had a huge run of games in a contracted amount of time and now we have a stretch of tough competition. Not sure what this all spells in the long run, but it appears to be following the script. We're still a great squad. In a much tougher slog now though.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I'm very concerned about the play of the bench mob (and young OG) under the bright lights. Bobbling balls, turnovers, shoddy defense...as compared to Tatum and Brown who were shmoooove operators...

Comment

• Casey was outcoached tonight by a wide margin. Celtics go zone for long stretches (taking the paint away), but we had zero outside shooting, with CJ having his worst game of the season (on both ends of the floor). Horford had lots of post-ups that we didn't have an answer for. A lot of good video from a grind-out game for then to watch and learn from.

We need to be more versatile against zone defences, and explore matchups better. This game was a chess match where Casey was unfortunately outclassed. Should test the ability of the team to take a punch and bounce back, can't hang the head.

Comment

He could have 40 and win the game for the bench. Unfortunately he was 0 for 5 from three.

Thats what separates him from the legit MVP.
                                last time I checked, 32/7/7 on 63% shooting are "legit" MVP numbers

check the stats of Jordan, Kobe, Durant the year they won MVP
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X