No announcement yet.

Planning for the Cavs Matchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contrary to popular belief, LeBron actually can't win a series by himself.

He's going to kill us, like he kills everyone in the playoffs. The thing is we need to outperform the rest of the team by so much that he can't do anything about it. Think Orlando in the 2009 ECSF or the Spurs in the 2014 finals. We basically need to win every matchup 2 through 12 by a good margin.

Love is going to be important. If we allow him to be the second best player in the series we are out.

Comment

Spo figured it out:

Comment

Man OG needs to get his lateral quicks back. DC better employ this strategy with OG being the primary defender

Comment

Key is to not let LeBron play point guard. Either make him cough the ball up early or stay home on everyone and make him take stepback jumpers all game

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
            Key is to not let LeBron play point guard. Either make him cough the ball up early or stay home on everyone and make him take stepback jumpers all game
            Problem is whoever is guarding lebron always allows him to get by and the raps are so prone to over helping

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Spo figured it out:

When you coach a guy for 4 years, you know his weakness.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Problem is whoever is guarding lebron always allows him to get by and the raps are so prone to over helping
                Guys are playing him too tight. OG, Siakam, and a rested Ibaka can keep up with him in a halfcourt setting if they give him enough room (but they usually don't). Not sure if that's ever going to change though because Casey has made it clear in the past he doesn't approve of guys sagging off an opponent when they have the ball so they don't get "comfortable".

Comment

well, wish we could have this version of JJ!!

Comment

I still remember when Bron spun the ball in his hands and shot the three in Ibaka's face so I don't know about sagging off of him. And if the screener is Nance Jr. that strategy works but if screener is Love it's a lot different
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I would be scared of playing Heat because that strategy works perfectly against us.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        I still remember when Bron spun the ball in his hands and shot the three in Ibaka's face so I don't know about sagging off of him. And if the screener is Nance Jr. that strategy works but if screener is Love it's a lot different
                        Lol if he does that again someone needs to lay him on his ass next possession. That was pathetic.

Maybe play him straight up from behind the arc but invite him to shoot long twos all game. You have to give up something

Love at the 5 does change things but Nance will probably (hopefully) eat into the minutes he plays at that spot

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          ... LeBron will blame Snickers and destroy the company. Which means we won't have to watch that stupid ad anymore during the Finals.
                          I've been meaning to post 'AAAAAAAA....' on the appropriate game thread when I was watching a game where the effort/energy clearly wasn't there, but I haven't actually seen much of the last dozen or so games live on TV, never mind the right ones.

Comment

Zac Lowe’s 10 things. Point #2 on Lebron with a raps clip. Calls him the best generator or corner 3’s in NBA history.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rie-irving-nba

He’s obviously impossible to guard but in that clip I think you gotta take away the corner 3 and live with him attacking the net and taking a 2. Then we are trading 3’s for 2’s in our favor.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I would be scared of playing Heat because that strategy works perfectly against us.
                              Trust the Culture Reset

Comment

I think the other thing you have to do is to be physical and wear him down. For the Cavs to beat the Raps Lebron will have to play about 42 minutes per game. Make those hard minutes, put him on his butt a few times per game. Hope that if the series goes 6-7 games that he is very tired.

Comment

Working...
                                X