The final standings of the East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gk17 wrote: View Post
    If Washington looses against Orlando the Raptors end up with Washington.

If Washington wins and Miami looses, the Raptors get Miami.

If Washington and Miami win, but the Bucks loose, we will play against Milwaukee.
    And if Washington, Miami and the Bucks all win, we play Washington.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      And if Washington, Miami and the Bucks all win, we play Washington.
      Thx! Here we have all scenarios listed

Comment

• What do you think? How will things shake out?

Comment

• If you're the Bucks, do you throw tonight's game hoping to drop to 7th? I think I'd rather face a Kyrie-less Celtics, than Philly.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            If you're the Bucks, do you throw tonight's game hoping to drop to 7th? I think I'd rather face a Kyrie-less Celtics, than Philly.
            I would throw it, because winning would probably mean that you play the Cavs.

Comment

• gk17 wrote: View Post
              I would throw it, because winning would probably mean that you play the Cavs.
              Still only gives them a 2/3 chance of seeing Boston, and a 1/3 chance of seeing us. While guaranteeing they lose their pick.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If you go according to expected outcome (based on record), we should beat Miami, philly should beat the Bucks and Washington should beat Orlando. That would leave us with Miami. I think philly and the Bucks still have something to play for. If Miami wants to win, they could beat a Raps team that is just coasting and getting reps. Washington would have to physically try to lose to Orlando (who also wants to lose being less than a game out for more ping pong balls). Again, Washington is the only team that can control their outcome.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Still only gives them a 2/3 chance of seeing Boston, and a 1/3 chance of seeing us. While guaranteeing they lose their pick.

I wonder what priorities the teams will set and whom they prefer to play against.
                  I guess the Raptors will try to win. Casey has shown in the past that he doesn't want to play for seeding.

But I will not try to predict what the others will do. I failed enough yesterday ;-)

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    If you go according to expected outcome (based on record), we should beat Miami, philly should beat the Bucks and Washington should beat Orlando. That would leave us with Miami. I think philly and the Bucks still have something to play for. If Miami wants to win, they could beat a Raps team that is just coasting and getting reps. Washington would have to physically try to lose to Orlando (who also wants to lose being less than a game out for more ping pong balls). Again, Washington is the only team that can control their outcome.

I'll be interested to see how much their approaches change as the scoreboards around the conference change. If it looks like Cleveland is going to lose, then I think all three teams should be highly motivated to win, because that 2/3/6/7 bracket is really wide open. ECF path of Toronto/Cleveland vs. Philly/Boston? You'd be stupid to not want the latter. Any team could get hot and come out of that bracket.

Comment

• As a Bucks fan.. I'd prefer to have the draft pick over the easier route in the playoffs. But players would think differently. Is Giannis still going to be out? He's the wild card. If he's playing I'd take the Bucks. If he isn't then I suspect the 76ers to take it and the 3rd seed.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        If you're the Bucks, do you throw tonight's game hoping to drop to 7th? I think I'd rather face a Kyrie-less Celtics, than Philly.
                        If Embiid is back for the playoffs I think the Bucks will want to avoid Philly. He sort of negates Giannis' strengths in the paint.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          If Embiid is back for the playoffs I think the Bucks will want to avoid Philly. He sort of negates Giannis' strengths in the paint.
                          Sigh....

Comment

• Is Giannis playin tonight?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Is Giannis playin tonight?
                              Yup.

Comment

• aww come on, almost every single guy that was "hurt" is magically healed for game one in both the NBA and the NHL.

Death, taxes, and shady franchise behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                                X