• Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    So Cavs/Raps 2nd round eh?
    Huh?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Wow... the Bucks inexplicably lost to the Nets at home after a day off. I was sure they were going to slide into the 6th or 7th seed but looks like they could be jockeying for 8th also. As with most Raps fans, would rather play the Bucks than the Heat (or the Wiz) personally.

But if the Wiz fall apart as they apparently did tonight, well....
      Last edited by veda-parabolist; Thu Apr 5, 2018, 11:08 PM. Reason: wanted to emphasize "lost to the Nets at home on regular rest"

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Both games super tight at this point. I think I'm rooting for Cleveland and Brooklyn.
        Nailed it. You guys are hilarious with your over-reactions to non-final scores.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Nailed it. You guys are hilarious with your over-reactions to non-final scores.
          This is the most I've heard Dan roast us. And he's right

Comment

Wow what an epic collapse by the Wizards. Will take the Cavs win for sure. Hope Lebron is willing to play 40+ minutes tomorrow. We need him to avoid a clash in the 2nd round. Although Indiana is sure looking tough with that beat down of GSW tonight.

Looks like the Wiz have the tiebreaker over the Bucks as they have a better division record. So that's the good news for folks who would prefer Milwaukee over Washington.

The Wiz have Atlanta, Boston and Orlando remaining. Atlanta and Boston are at home. Orlando is the 2nd game of a B2B.

The Bucks have NY, Orlando and Philly. Only that Orlando is game is at home. No B2B's.

Bucks just lost to Brooklyn so anything can happen. Those final games on the 11th (Washington/Orlando and Milwaukee/Philly) will most likely decide who we play in the first and second rounds.

Going to assume Miami stays in 6th as they are 1 whole game up on both Washington and Milwaukee. But they do have to play two playoff teams. Need to play NY, OKC and Toronto. OKC and Toronto are at home though. Miami has the tiebreaker on both Washington and Milwaukee.

Toronto could tank that game and get Miami into 6th place. We control our destiny there if we want to.

Comment

Should be interesting to see how Miami, the Wiz and the Bucks play the rest of the season. They really have nothing to play for which is odd even at this time of the season (ie look at the west). They've all made the playoffs. They can't get home court advantage. The only reward for playing well will be a (likely) match with Lebron. And as good as we hope we are, there's truth to "the East goes through Lebron", and I think they would take us (or the hobbled Celtics) over that. May be a pseudo tanking free for all (probably more evident in the Bucks losing to the Nets and to a lesser extent, the Wiz blowing a lead to the Cavs).

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Should be interesting to see how Miami, the Wiz and the Bucks play the rest of the season. They really have nothing to play for which is odd even at this time of the season (ie look at the west). They've all made the playoffs. They can't get home court advantage. The only reward for playing well will be a (likely) match with Lebron. And as good as we hope we are, there's truth to "the East goes through Lebron", and I think they would take us (or the hobbled Celtics) over that. May be a pseudo tanking free for all (probably more evident in the Bucks losing to the Nets and to a lesser extent, the Wiz blowing a lead to the Cavs).
                Yeah I could see them all wanting to get that 7th seed. Hobbled Celtics might be the easiest upset option.

Of course we tend to suck against the Wiz, so they might be ok with dropping to 8th.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Kind of funny that this may be the first time in history where everybody wants to avoid 6th seed at all costs and end up up 7 or 8.

Comment

Path to the Finals seems to be getting tougher... Wizards then Cavs. Gross.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Path to the Finals seems to be getting tougher... Wizards then Cavs. Gross.
                      Whatever, to get to the finals you've got to go through the King. And we get a chance to exorcise old ghosts along the way
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                        Whatever, to get to the finals you've got to go through the King. And we get a chance to exorcise old ghosts along the way
                        True. I was just hoping for a first round gimme to get into a groove before we had to face him.

On the bright side, we have the chance to kill two ghosts in one run.

Comment

The race for third is far from over. If Philly drops any of the next three (which look easy but gotta play every game) and LBJ beats the Knicks twice, LBJ still ends up in third. A Cleveland win would have almost clinched it, now it’s a dog race with Philly in control of their destiny.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                            To be the man, Wooo, yo gotta beat the man.

Comment

True. I was just hoping for a first round gimme to get into a groove before we had to face him.

I don't care about "gimmes", there's absolutely no excuses against this dysfunctional Wizards team (or a Bucks team we beat last year). And in the end it doesn't matter when we play the Cavs, we're going to have to beat them eventually.

If the Cavs end up 3rd, cool: hopefully we get back to the ECF. If not, let's strap on our boots and give them hell in the second round instead
                              Last edited by 007; Fri Apr 6, 2018, 10:05 PM.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Taking out Lebron in the second round would be so sweet though. Imagine how he’d get roasted by Skip Bayless, for years on end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X