The final standings of the East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp wrote: View Post
    I think so, I can recall hockey teams doing that. Turnaround between the last game and the start of the playoffs is tight and it's logistically tough to start selling playoff tickets on Thursday for a game on Saturday.
    The last game for Nuggets is going to be versus Timberwolves, winner goes to playoffs. Game of the month material. Must watch.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• If the bucks beat Philly tomorrow they get to keep their 1st round pick.

So Milwaukee has a big reason to win that game which could knock Philly to 4th and put Cleveland back to 3rd. Easier said than done though of course.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
        If the bucks beat Philly tomorrow they get to keep their 1st round pick.

So Milwaukee has a big reason to win that game which could knock Philly to 4th and put Cleveland back to 3rd. Easier said than done though of course.
        Interesting twist. Should get a bit clearer after tonight (ie if Washington loses to Boston, they claim the 8 seed). If they win, so many things are in play Wednesday night. I think there's more than one matchup where the two teams playing can actually determine if they play eachother in the playoffs.

Comment

• Miami is the team I least want to play. Josh Richardson and James Johnson are lockdown defenders and Spoelstra is the 3rd best coach in the east. Stick those two on Lowry and DeMar and we're gonna have a lot of problems. Not to mention they have Wade who always seems to go off in the playoffs regardless of what he looks like in the regular season. We'd beat them but I think it'd be 6 or 7.

I want to play Washington and just fucking sweep them. Revenge series.

Comment

• I think Washington would want to play us in the first round. Wall and Beal always seem to get up for the challenge against Lowry and DeMar. The whole whose the best back court in the East talk. Gortat always seems to get the better of JV, though that could just be my imagination. Our bench would be a big asset in that series.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              If the bucks beat Philly tomorrow they get to keep their 1st round pick.

Philly plays tonight too, so they'll be on a back to back against the Bucks. If they are getting that 3rd seed, they are earning it.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The standings are set. Milwaukee chooses its own destiny: Philly or Cavs? I guess Giannis gets a rest. No reason to put too much effort in that game.

And Washington will loose against the Celtics to avoid the Cavs. Same for the Heat.

Comment

• gk17 wrote: View Post
                  The standings are set. Milwaukee chooses its own destiny: Philly or Cavs? I guess Giannis gets a rest. No reason to put too much effort in that game.

And Washington will loose against the Celtics to avoid the Cavs. Same for the Heat.
                  Wouldn't Wizards want to win? 7th place means you play Celtics followed by A Team That Isn't Cleveland. Sounds like an underdog could run all the way to ECF in that bracket
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Wouldn't Wizards want to win? 7th place means you play Celtics followed by A Team That Isn't Cleveland. Sounds like an underdog could run all the way to ECF in that bracket
                    But if they win their games and both Miami & Milwaukee loose they end up with the Cavs in Round 1.

Comment

But if they win their games and both Miami & Milwaukee loose they end up with the Cavs in Round 1.

By god you're right

Comment

• If Washington doesn't loose today, it gets interesting.

Comment

If Washington doesn't loose today, it gets interesting.
                          It sucks that theres really no scenario of Bucks wanting to stay up in that 6 hole, and Philly will be super motivated to win. That was our one shot.

Maybe the Hawks will shock the world and win tonight, they've beaten playoff teams in 2 straight and it's really hurting their draft position lol

Comment

• Utah should be motivated against golden state tonight. Just one game separates them either way. A win would clinch second for us overall.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Miami is the team I least want to play. Josh Richardson and James Johnson are lockdown defenders and Spoelstra is the 3rd best coach in the east. Stick those two on Lowry and DeMar and we're gonna have a lot of problems. Not to mention they have Wade who always seems to go off in the playoffs regardless of what he looks like in the regular season. We'd beat them but I think it'd be 6 or 7.

I want to play Washington and just fucking sweep them. Revenge series.
                              The only reason I wouldn't want a match up with Miami is that the series would be over from the start. They're a terrible offensive team and in the only area that they're good at (defense), we're better than them. I would much rather face the Wizards if I knew we would 100% win the series beforehand because beating them would be much more rewarding, but that's not a guarantee.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                The only reason I wouldn't want a match up with Miami is that the series would be over from the start. They're a terrible offensive team and in the only area that they're good at (defense), we're better than them. I would much rather face the Wizards if I knew we would 100% win the series beforehand because beating them would be much more rewarding, but that's not a guarantee.
                                I don't see the point of not wanting to play an opponent you're certain to beat

Comment

Working...
                                X