No announcement yet.

The final standings of the East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing is, we could lose the first seed, wind up playing Indy or Philly in the second round (home court advantage again) and then, if the cavs beat the celts, play the cavs in the ECF with home court advantage again. This assumes Boston and Cleveland finish 1/4.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      The funny thing is, we could lose the first seed, wind up playing Indy or Philly in the second round (home court advantage again) and then, if the cavs beat the celts, play the cavs in the ECF with home court advantage again. This assumes Boston and Cleveland finish 1/4.
      It's all so up in the air still it's unbelievable. The top 8 has been decided for over a month, but who finishes where in the top 8 is like a wild battle royal
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Battle Royal is the most apt description I’ve seen

Comment

Time To Breathe

Was going to post a new thread for this as it’s a new perspective but I guess it fits here too. There will be plenty of time to stress in the playoffs. The Raps have 6 games left and an 8 1/2 lead on the third place cavs. They could win all six games or lose all six games and the difference would almost (almost) be negligible. The only difference is guaranteeing home court for the ECF. We already have it for the first two rounds and if anyone beats Boston in round one or two, we would be at home for the ECF. Everything else is completely beyond our control. Every first and second round matchup could be decided on the last day. Maybe Casey and Masai know this and they’re not going to use too many of their bullets in the last weeks of the regular season. So take this time to relax. Save your energy for Game 1.

Comment

Was going to post a new thread for this as it’s a new perspective but I guess it fits here too. There will be plenty of time to stress in the playoffs. The Raps have 6 games left and an 8 1/2 lead on the third place cavs. They could win all six games or lose all six games and the difference would almost (almost) be negligible. The only difference is guaranteeing home court for the ECF. We already have it for the first two rounds and if anyone beats Boston in round one or two, we would be at home for the ECF. Everything else is completely beyond our control. Every first and second round matchup could be decided on the last day. Maybe Casey and Masai know this and they’re not going to use too many of their bullets in the last weeks of the regular season. So take this time to relax. Save your energy for Game 1.
            Nah today and tomorrow are pretty huge and will go a long to telling us where we're at right now IMO. I've seen this team in the playoffs after a late season tail spins before...it's not pretty..

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Nah today and tomorrow are pretty huge and will go a long to telling us where we're at right now IMO. I've seen this team in the playoffs after a late season tail spins before...it's not pretty..
              But you've never seen them with OG and an effective Siakim. Waaaaaaaaaaaay different.

Comment

If the Raps lose their next 2 and BOS wins their next 2. Then Raps would drop down to 2.

This scenario is very possible the way BOS and TOR are playing.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  If the Raps lose their next 2 and BOS wins their next 2. Then Raps would drop down to 2.

This scenario is very possible the way BOS and TOR are playing.
                  Very good chance the battle for first has a much much clearer picture by 10 eastern tomorrow.

Of course also a chance it's just as muddled as ever.

But, if we win tonight and boston lose @ bucks, we literally clinch first place with a win over boston tomorrow.

If we lose tonight and boston wins, however, then boston can take over first with a win over us and an easier remaining schedule.
                  Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Apr 3, 2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

We may play the Wizards. On paper we are better, but for some reason they play well against us. Out of Heat, Bucks and Wizards - they are the weakest of the bunch.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      We may play the Wizards. On paper we are better, but for some reason they play well against us. Out of Heat, Bucks and Wizards - they are the weakest of the bunch.
                      The Wiz are the weakest? They were picked by many to be at the top of the east and they have had significant injuries. They could just be finding their rhythm in time for the playoffs. They're not great but it's not much of a reward for finally getting the 1 seed

Comment

The Wiz are the weakest? They were picked by many to be at the top of the east and they have had significant injuries. They could just be finding their rhythm in time for the playoffs. They're not great but it's not much of a reward for finally getting the 1 seed
                        It seems like everyone has their own opinion on who the toughest team in the first round is and they're all different. I've seen as many people want the Bucks as not want them, same with the Heat and Wiz. Raps just need to worry about Raps and can finish that series in 5, 6 tops regardless.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          It seems like everyone has their own opinion on who the toughest team in the first round is and they're all different. I've seen as many people want the Bucks as not want them, same with the Heat and Wiz. Raps just need to worry about Raps and can finish that series in 5, 6 tops regardless.
                          I think the series goes no further than 6, no matter which of those 3 teams we face. But if I had a choice, it would be:

1. Bucks
                          2. Wizards
                          3. Heat

In that order, mainly because of Spoelstra.

Comment

I think you wanna play the Wizards early and beat them early, just so they can’t get their rhythm going. If Wall gets it going and the team gets their chemistry back, they will be tough to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I think the series goes no further than 6, no matter which of those 3 teams we face. But if I had a choice, it would be:

1. Bucks
                              2. Wizards
                              3. Heat

I don't see any one of those teams beating the Raps in 7 games.. It's really a roll of the die for me, but this would be my preferred order as well.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

1. Bucks
                                2. Wizards
                                3. Heat

I'd go

1. Heat
                                2. Bucks
                                3. Wizards

Of the three, the Wiz are the only ones who I think could actually win. A small chance, but it's there, because they could potentially have the two best players in the series - (and if everything totally went to hell, the three best, with Porter being the third).

I don't think either the Bucks or Heat have a legit chance to win against a healthy Raps team, but of the two, I'd feel worse about Milwaukee because of superstar call BS.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X