• Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I'd go

1. Heat
    2. Bucks
    3. Wizards

Of the three, the Wiz are the only ones who I think could actually win. A small chance, but it's there, because they could potentially have the two best players in the series - (and if everything totally went to hell, the three best, with Porter being the third).

I don't think either the Bucks or Heat have a legit chance to win against a healthy Raps team, but of the two, I'd feel worse about Milwaukee because of superstar call BS.
    I'm worried about Dragic owning Lowry, lol.

Comment

I'll pipe in with another different ranking. I'd most prefer Bucks, then Heat, then Wizards.

But any of them are fine.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Then again, there's this

Comment

Hypothetical scenario:
          Wizards beat Cavs, Indiana beats Golden State, putting Indiana just one game back of the Cavs.
          Both Cavs and Indiana play non-playoff teams (NYK and Charlotte) for their last two games.

If the Raptors lose to Indiana and Philly beats the Cavs on Friday, it sets up the very realistic scenario of Cleveland starting the playoffs on the road in Indiana. Would the Raptors consider treating the Indiana game as a rest game just to increase the level of difficulty for Cleveland (who have not been a good road team, even post all-star break).

Personally I wouldn't do this as I feel like any attempt to game the standings is bad basketball karma, but there are definitely some teams who would think that way.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
            Hypothetical scenario:
            Wizards beat Cavs, Indiana beats Golden State, putting Indiana just one game back of the Cavs.
            Both Cavs and Indiana play non-playoff teams (NYK and Charlotte) for their last two games.

If the Raptors lose to Indiana and Philly beats the Cavs on Friday, it sets up the very realistic scenario of Cleveland starting the playoffs on the road in Indiana. Would the Raptors consider treating the Indiana game as a rest game just to increase the level of difficulty for Cleveland (who have not been a good road team, even post all-star break).

Personally I wouldn't do this as I feel like any attempt to game the standings is bad basketball karma, but there are definitely some teams who would think that way.
            I could see Casey resting guys if we have 1st seed locked, regardless of the potential jockeying that could result. And he'd probably spin it that way too.

"I'm not worried about other teams. My concern is getting our guys healthy for game 1"

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
              We may play the Wizards. On paper we are better, but for some reason they play well against us. Out of Heat, Bucks and Wizards - they are the weakest of the bunch.
              Don't want to see the Wizards in the 1st round at all.. I still haven't fully recovered from the 2015 series

Comment

Only team I'd rather see less than the Wizards is the Cavs. I think I have PTSD from 2015 still. Gortat always eats JV's lunch, and no one stops John Wall from penetrating. Avoid them at all costs please.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I could see Casey resting guys if we have 1st seed locked, regardless of the potential jockeying that could result. And he'd probably spin it that way too.

"I'm not worried about other teams. My concern is getting our guys healthy for game 1"
                  Agree.. Casey wants the one seed.. that was one of the goals he talked about once they reeled Boston back in at the ASG. He is also a guy who believes that in order to stay sharp you have to play ... So what you might see is a minutes restriction on Kyle, Serge and Demar as they wind it up after they clinch... They'll play.. just not more than X minutes per game... or not play in the 4th Q or something like that.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Don't want to see the Wizards in the 1st round at all.. I still haven't fully recovered from the 2015 series
                    BrydenB wrote: View Post
                    Only team I'd rather see less than the Wizards is the Cavs. I think I have PTSD from 2015 still. Gortat always eats JV's lunch, and no one stops John Wall from penetrating. Avoid them at all costs please.
                    I would relish a Wizards matchup. Payback's a bitch!

Comment

BrydenB wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I have no idea how they're hovering around the 8th seed. Would much rather face Milwaukee or Miami
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Honestly gimme whoever in the first round. We should take care of business either way.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I would relish a Wizards matchup. Payback's a bitch!

Would be a high stakes matchup for sure. Ultimate redemption or the ultimate failure.

Comment

Cleveland up big on Washington and Milwaukee is winning. Could be the wiz in 8th after tonight.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              Cleveland up big on Washington and Milwaukee is winning. Could be the wiz in 8th after tonight.
                              Both games super tight at this point. I think I'm rooting for Cleveland and Brooklyn.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I want the Wiz in 8th.

I think it would help this team to maybe get rid of some demons by beating Washington. If we lose it then we don't even deserve to advance anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X