No announcement yet.

Game #78: Toronto Raptors 96 - Boston Celtics 78

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Keon above.. a lot could have been better. Kyle looked like he was trying too hard, and that usually never works out for him. Our offense was stagnant and guys were missing a lot of easy looks. It definitely felt like the pressure had gotten to our guys early in this game.

Defensively the Celtics were given a lot of good looks from 3pt land. Boston for some reason was just cold as ice tonight. Also what's up with the free throw disparity? They had 28 free throws to our 8. And we still whooped them by almost 20.

Game ball goes to Delon. But Bebe was really great too. His energy and length disrupted the Celtics when they went big. Almost kind of happy that Poeltl was in foul trouble. Bebe really saved us tonight.

Shout out to OG as well. Some of his put back dunks in the first quarter were pretty awesome. His defense on Tatum was great too. I don't know if its a medical thing or not.. but doesn't OG ever get to play in the 4th quarter? Does he have the same disease that JV has?

One more win (or Celtic loss) and we've got 1st seed locked up. Can finally breathe a bit.. phew.

Comment

• Best B2B game for Serge as a Raptor.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        A LOT could have been better. Only thing that could have been worse was a loss
        Easy now....always look at the bright side of life....sing it with me!

Comment

• It's always a bit of a brow-raiser when Kyle or DeMar talk about how important defense is, usually after they have a horrible game
          The guys who actually DO play good D regularly must roll their eyes....

Go Raps!

“To be a good team, that’s how you have to respond,” said DeRozan. “When you have games like we had last night (against Cleveland), you have to understand let’s tighten up, understand our mistakes and come out the next night and handle business.”

I want to SEE it from Kyle and DD but at this point, I'd really just rather hear it from Freddy VV
          “Tonight was big for us,” VanVleet said. “We’re not really concerned about our offence. I feel like we can score with the best of them. Guys are going to get open looks with the way we’re playing this year — really unselfish, moving the ball. But it was good for us to get back to our defensive principles — tighten up a bit, tighten the screws. And kind of impose our will on the game.”
          Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Apr 5, 2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Solid win. Much needed.

On a side note, holy crap were Devlin and Jack annoying tonight. Even Jack at one point said he was going crazy. I had to shut the game off cause I just couldn't listen to them anymore. Just call the damn game.
            Thank God I missed it. Tuned into the ESPN feed instead. Burke and Breen, two of the best in the biz.

Speaking of which, crowd sounded VERY quiet on the ESPN feed. Was anyone at the game live to confirm?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Thank God I missed it. Tuned into the ESPN feed instead. Burke and Breen, two of the best in the biz.

Speaking of which, crowd sounded VERY quiet on the ESPN feed. Was anyone at the game live to confirm?
              You could hear Drake more than a crowd on ESPN feed
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

I was at the Denver game and it was loud. Hard to imagine the fans didn’t get up for this one.

Comment

• I cannot believe Derozan was benched in the 4th.

I'm suddenly much more optimistic about the playoffs than I was 24 hours ago.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Miles, who was 1-7 in 15 minutes, ended up with a better +/- than DeRozan, lol.

Comment

• It feels good waking up after a win, no matter how we got there. Magic number is 1 I believe? Now it's really just about getting that old feeling back again here
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• In reference to.my earlier comment before the game started, kyle playing like his old self, driving to the rim. Scoring in different ways.

Comment

• These refs boi, gonna really hurt us in later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                          X