Game #81: Toronto Raptors 108 - Detroit Pistons 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #81: Toronto Raptors 108 - Detroit Pistons 98

Sitting here watching the Humboldt vigil as I compose this.

Devastating to see such tragedy befall a community.

My thoughts are with those who lost their lives, those who were injured and lost their brothers, those who lost their loved ones, and all those affected by this event, near or far.

Sports have so much power to bring people together. I know how glad I am to have a place like RR where we can share our insights, thoughts and passion for our team…

This event is a sobering reminder of how tenuous our lives and our health can be.

Here's wishing healing for those who survived the terrible crash on the weekend, and comfort for the families and friends of the victims. Here's praying for those who lost their lives too soon.

Things can change in an instant. Hold those you love close.

Humboldt Strong.

And now…

Go Raps.

Penultimate game of the regular season.

May our boys stay safe, stay healthy and reap the benefits of all the astonishing work they've put in this year.

Your head coach and your starting five:

Your Toronto Raptors:

The Detroit Pistons:

GO RAPS
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Sun Apr 8, 2018, 11:13 PM.

The downside to having the G-League team do so well is that you don't have reinforcements. It might have been good to have the guys from the 905 up for the last few games so that you can give the other guys some rest.

Comment

wayner wrote: View Post
      The downside to having the G-League team do so well is that you don't have reinforcements. It might have been good to have the guys from the 905 up for the last few games so that you can give the other guys some rest.
      I disagree, I believe that the experience last year of the 905 winning it all greatly improved the confidence of players such as Siakam, Jacob and Fred. Players that are playing huge roles with the main team. Also our team already had enough rest this season and now its all just added in game practice. Injury is part of the game, whether you play 1 min or 30 min, heck you can get injured in practice.

Comment

Game day!
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Excited to finish the season off strong but hope they don't push too hard for the meaningless 60...

I was reading that Valanciunas numbers per 36 minutes are averaging 20.2 points/13.8 reb/1.7 assists.
          Yet his avg minutes per game are at a low for his entire career. A lot of that would be based on Casey being able to sit the starters in the 4th in blowouts but it also includes the puzzling decision to sit him in the 4th when he's one of the hotter players.

We need Kyle and DeMar to show up in the playoffs. We need Casey to not make bonehead substitution decisions. We need OG and Freddy and CJ to be all that they can be. We need Ibaka to turn back the clock every night. Bench mob gotta bench.

And we need JV 3's

Comment

Nice thoughts, Goldblum. Prayers for Humboldt

In Raptor Land..

5 (or 6) days till Game 1

Yeaaahhh baby
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

holy fuck

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                holy fuck

that's fucked.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  that's fucked.
                  Mangled bodies. All bleach blonde hair same age. Unfortunate mistake

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Mangled bodies. All bleach blonde hair same age. Unfortunate mistake
                    yeah I'm not blaming anybody. It's just fucked up situation to begin with
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Is DeRozan playing tonight?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Is DeRozan playing tonight?
                        I would assume so. Rest vs rhythm.

My guess is today Lowry and Ibaka sit. Then all hands on deck for tune up game Wednesday

Comment

There will still be about 3-4 days between the game on the 11th and the start of the playoffs (14th or 15th). So we should be okay with rest days even if everyone plays on Wednesday. I would still give Ibaka the day off against Miami though.

Comment

Ibaka is important, he needs rest. As does Lowry. I think Derozan with a light load is fine, he doesnt play Defence anyhow

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              There will still be about 3-4 days between the game on the 11th and the start of the playoffs (14th or 15th). So we should be okay with rest days even if everyone plays on Wednesday. I would still give Ibaka the day off against Miami though.
                              Nah, anyone taking the Miami game off will end up with like 5 days rest. If Ibaka gets tonight off too, more like a full week.
                              That's definitely too far on the rust scale.

Ibaka and Lowry should get tonight off, full team effort on Wednesday. With both guys playing over 30 minutes last night, I'm sure the coaches knew both were getting tonight off ahead of time.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X