No announcement yet.

Game #81: Toronto Raptors 108 - Detroit Pistons 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man in one week it's the playoffs. I know it's close but I wish I could freeze myself and fast forward till then, the wait is going to be agonizing.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I would assume so. Rest vs rhythm.

My guess is today Lowry and Ibaka sit. Then all hands on deck for tune up game Wednesday
      This is a good problem to have, but who is going to play point? 48 min of Delon? (if FVV's back is still wonky). Do we say damn the 905 and call a PG who will play 3 nights in a row (2 in their finals)?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        This is a good problem to have, but who is going to play point? 48 min of Delon? (if FVV's back is still wonky). Do we say damn the 905 and call a PG who will play 3 nights in a row (2 in their finals)?
        It's a meaningless game for the Raptors. Put Powell in to play a bit of pg, or give Demar some time there. Important thing is to rest the key players.

Comment

Lewenberg has a pretty good article on the Raptors culture reset:
          https://www.tsn.ca/talent/inside-the...eset-1.1051282

Best quote came from Fred:

“I think the biggest thing that came out of it was holding everybody accountable, holding everybody to the same standard,” said Fred VanVleet. “Obviously we’re in a league of stars and superstars and you’ve got to massage guys’ egos, but I think this year more so than last year we’ve held everybody to the same standard and guys are being held accountable, from Kyle and DeMar all the way down to me and Lucas [Nogueira], or whoever, Bruno [Caboclo] when he was here.”

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            I suspect FVV is fine and will play. And if not, no rest for Lowry.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              It's a meaningless game for the Raptors. Put Powell in to play a bit of pg, or give Demar some time there. Important thing is to rest the key players.
              Or just play Lowry 20 minutes and ask him not to play defence.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                I suspect FVV is fine and will play. And if not, no rest for Lowry.
                What happened to that Brown guy?

What can Brown do for us?

This post sponsored by UPS
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Lewenberg has a pretty good article on the Raptors culture reset:
                  https://www.tsn.ca/talent/inside-the...eset-1.1051282

Best quote came from Fred:
                  hmmm, which one of them wasn't able to meet the body fat goal I wonder?

Comment

Warm the bench?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Warm the bench?
                      I'd rather sit Lowry and Fred if he's banged up. I won't even be watching or PVRing this game, instead I'll be running errands. Blasphemous for KeonClark to do so but just shows how little it means. I need to get things done before the playoffs take up 50% of my nights with zero exception to this rule.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He's playing in G-league finals. I guess they'll keep him there
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He's playing for the 905, who are in the Finals right now. I think they care about their G-League team and won't screw with it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            hmmm, which one of them wasn't able to meet the body fat goal I wonder?
                            JV seems like the most likely but he got praised by the coach earlier in the year so who knows?
                            http://torontosun.com/2017/09/28/gre...b-183ec401dd82

“(Lowry’s) in great shape, Jonas (Valanciunas), all of our guys,” said coach Dwane Casey. “I don’t know of anyone who’s not in great basketball condition. This is probably the best summer our guys have had as far as body fat, weight, conditioning, running, since I’ve been here.”

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Man in one week it's the playoffs. I know it's close but I wish I could freeze myself and fast forward till then, the wait is going to be agonizing.
                              If Spring doesn't hurry up and get here, we're all going to be frozen
                              Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Apr 9, 2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                JV seems like the most likely but he got praised by the coach earlier in the year so who knows?
                                http://torontosun.com/2017/09/28/gre...b-183ec401dd82

CJ seems to be less "athletic freak looking" than the rest of our wing players. But what do I know?

Comment

Working...
                                X