Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Its dumb to throw teams or players in different eras and say they would suck. They are totally different eras and anyone would adapt in that era. If Jordan’s Bulls played in this era, no doubt they would adapt to the 3 point shooting because its heavily relied upon, players practice more shooting, coaches’ plays revolve more around shooting and so on.

Most superstars in this era would dominate in any older era because how much the NBA has evolved. Sure the NBA was more physical back then, but 3 point shooting was a novelty. Since physicality was the norm back then, players like Lebron would adapt and not complain about as many soft calls. Curry would probably dominate because of his shooting, he would be shooting 3s, opponents will be shooting 2s. Durant would dominate in any era because he is 6’11 and plays like a guard.
    Agreed you can't play hypothetical and just plop Jordan or LeBron in the other era and just assume there'd be no adaptation to their surroundings. Elite is elite.

And I say elite is elite is elite even for the bygone eras. Look at old clips of Bob cousey or Oscar Robertson. Other worldly skill. Give those guys today's training, nutrition, equipment, etc and they'd be top of the food chain point guards in 2018
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Agreed you can't play hypothetical and just plop Jordan or LeBron in the other era and just assume there'd be no adaptation to their surroundings. Elite is elite.

And I say elite is elite is elite even for the bygone eras. Look at old clips of Bob cousey or Oscar Robertson. Other worldly skill. Give those guys today's training, nutrition, equipment, etc and they'd be top of the food chain point guards in 2018
      Maybe the argument then is that MJ was more dominant in his era than Lebron has been in his. Comparing who can do what with what team has too many variables involved. It's not fair to knock MJ for not adapting his style for an era he never had to adapt to, and it's not fair to Lebron to say the sole argument is that he's won less championships when he's played with by and large worse teams against by and large better teams.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
        Maybe the argument then is that MJ was more dominant in his era than Lebron has been in his. Comparing who can do what with what team has too many variables involved. It's not fair to knock MJ for not adapting his style for an era he never had to adapt to, and it's not fair to Lebron to say the sole argument is that he's won less championships when he's played with by and large worse teams against by and large better teams.
        Was MJ more dominant though?

Another thing that goes overlooked to me is the lack of elite talent in the 90s. How many guys are top 20 all time from that era? Hakeem? Barkley? Compare that to Durant, curry, late kobe, late duncan,, harden..i think the league is more top heavy then it was in 1995

Comment

• Warriors' parade

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Warriors' parade
            These guys are so tone deaf and not self aware.

I'm sure KD and draymond will get on a Mic today and holla about sacrifice and challenge and perseverance

Comment

Working...
            X