No announcement yet.

Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't even want Minnesota to win but that last shot made me legitimately angry lol. I can't even put into words how stupid that shot was

Comment

• I saw Butler do the spin and thought he was gonna pass it.

That was not a pass
      OG is our king

Comment

• I at this and tell me everyone of our coaches don’t need to be fired at the end of the season.

This is what basketball looks like
        https://youtu.be/wcWcD5gDo-o

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          I at this and tell me everyone of our coaches don’t need to be fired at the end of the season.

This is what basketball looks like
          https://youtu.be/wcWcD5gDo-o

We don't have a Ben Simmons on our team do we? Can't fit a square peg into a round hole.

Comment

• Jeff Teague was wide open up top. CP3 must've been thinking "WTF was that" and totally ignore Teague as Butler was spinning inside the 3 point line.

Comment

• Thibs isn't a great coach. He is slightly above average, but has a great mind for defense. Sam Mitchell did a better job than him with the talent he had.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                Thibs isn't a great coach. He is slightly above average, but has a great mind for defense. Sam Mitchell did a better job than him with the talent he had.
                Honestly put Casey on either Bucks or TWolves and they step up a tier, those teams are pitifully coached.

I give Casey a lot of credit for becoming a better coach and adapting; as we have seen, that is a hard thing to do.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Honestly put Casey on either Bucks or TWolves and they step up a tier, those teams are pitifully coached.

I give Casey a lot of credit for becoming a better coach and adapting; as we have seen, that is a hard thing to do.
                  Damn, this is something I thought I'd never read on these forums.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

It really is more the combination of Casey + Masai that is the strength of the Raps. Casey handles the day-to-day management of egos and execution of the strategy/vision. Masai steps in to handle the difficult stuff: like holding Kyle and DeMar accountable and the soon-to-be legendary culture reset mandate to Casey.

Masai has also given Casey the talented depth to be able to plug in new guys to fill roles. The starting SF position was supposed to be a battle between Norm and CJ - but Masai got OG. And in the game 1, when a normally dependable guy lie Jakob massively craps the bed, Casey can plug in Bebe and get exactly what Jakob was supposed to provide, and then some. What other team can go 11 deep in a playoff game and not have that that 9th, 10th or 11th guy mess it up for them? It's unheard of.

Comment

• Casey also has some really good assistant coaches working with him.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                        Casey also has some really good assistant coaches working with him.
                        The mark of a smart man who gets really good people around him. It only helps.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          The mark of a smart man who gets really good people around him. It only helps.
                          A smart man also listens to those good people around him ......

Change was the goal when the Raptors hired Nick Nurse, an offensive guru from the (then) D-League, in the summer of 2013. Nurse came in for an interview, and on an office whiteboard drew the offense he envisioned: different starting points, reads, passes, options. "The framework of what we are doing now," Nurse says, "was up on that board."

Dwane Casey, the team's head coach, liked Nurse's ideas. For various reasons, they never made it onto the court for long. Perhaps no one felt enough urgency until Cleveland swept them and Ujiri spoke out.
                          http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...to-raptors-nba

Comment

• Your'e quite convinced Casey is a hindrance to this team, aren't you?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Your'e quite convinced Casey is a hindrance to this team, aren't you?
                              I don't think he's a hindrance. Casey's a great asset in many ways. But I think Masai is truly elite at what he does and doesn't get the credit for elevating everybody, including Casey.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                I don't think he's a hindrance. Casey's a great asset in many ways. But I think Masai is truly elite at what he does and doesn't get the credit for elevating everybody, including Casey.
                                What? Most of us pray at church of Ujiri and would Let him baptize our kid
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X