Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    There's a reason Cleveland always seems to be hot against the raptors from 3. Starts with the defensive schemes

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. At some point it has to be us. It can't always be that they just all of a sudden start shooting it well against us and not anyone else lol.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      I actually want to get rid of Serge the most. Seeing how active and energetic this Celtics team is reminds me of how Serge was playing like there was weights in his shoes
      Oh yea forgot about him. Yea Serge and either Demar or Kyle. Most likely Demar.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Looking at Boston team taking apart the Cavs with ease, it dawns me that the Raptors were always a) mentally weak team that plays down to their opponent level and b) Casey firing and replacement with another coach is not going to change much unless there is some major personal changes in the roster itself in the starting lineup.

Comment

• I hope Boston winning this series will make Masai realize even more how much we must get rid of Serge and Demar. They lack of defence and energy just doesn't cut it the further into the playoffs you get

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            This half of Cavs vs. Celtics is saying a lot about DeMar. Both how much better the Celtics are defending on the perimeter, as well as how the Celtics are aggressive and decisive on offense and never slowing it down and letting the Cavs set.
            I know you like to isolate DeMar as the problem because you have a serious long-standing agenda there (one quick look through your twitter shows that) but it's not just him.

Like TRex mentioned the Celtics basically have an entire team of two way players. We have 3 starters who are not good defenders (yes you read that right, Ibaka is not a good defender anymore) and the 4th, Lowry, is a good defender but will basically get burned on any switch because of his lack of size/length.

Not really a recipe to defend at a high level. You're harping on the offense but the offense wasn't even the fucking problem against the Cavs, we were scoring over 112 points per 100 possessions which is better than what we did in the regular season. The problem is we gave up over 127.

Comment

• 26pt lead at the half. There goes that argument that Stevens can't beat Lebron either in the playoffs.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Looking at Boston team taking apart the Cavs with ease, it dawns me that the Raptors were always a) mentally weak team that plays down to their opponent level and b) Casey firing and replacement with another coach is not going to change much unless there is some major personal changes in the roster itself in the starting lineup.
                Exactly. Without 2 of either Serge, Kyle and Demar gone we have no hope

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Looking at Boston team taking apart the Cavs with ease, it dawns me that the Raptors were always a) mentally weak team that plays down to their opponent level and b) Casey firing and replacement with another coach is not going to change much unless there is some major personal changes in the roster itself in the starting lineup.
                  I mean Al Horford is like 1-12 against Lebron - he's having a fantastic game. Sometimes you just need things to start swinging your way and the mental part takes care of itself.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• So like I've been saying all year. Is Boston still trash?

Kyrie and Hayward aren't even playing. Imagine how much better they're going to be next year. We are so fucked.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      I know you like to isolate DeMar as the problem because you have a serious long-standing agenda there (one quick look through your twitter shows that) but it's not just him.

Like TRex mentioned the Celtics basically have an entire team of two way players. We have 3 starters who are not good defenders (yes you read that right, Ibaka is not a good defender anymore) and the 4th, Lowry is a good defender but will basically get burned on any switch because of his lack of size/length.

Not really a recipe to defend at a high level. You're harping on the offense but the offense wasn't even the fucking problem against the Cavs, we were scoring over 112 points per 100 possessions which is better than what we did in the regular season. The problem is we gave up over 127.
                      No, it REALLY was largely DeRozan.

The Raptors offense was 33 points per possession better when he was on the bench against Cleveland. That's larger than the gap between the greatest offense of the three-point era and the worst offense of the three-point era.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• It's amazing what happens when you dont try to stop a big with a 6'6" wing with no help in the post or leave shooters wide open every fucking time. Or preach defense and let someone like DD see the court 35mins a night
                        Last edited by MACK11; Sun May 13, 2018, 04:47 PM.
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Like TRex mentioned the Celtics basically have an entire team of two way players. We have 3 starters who are not good defenders (yes you read that right, Ibaka is not a good defender anymore) and the 4th, Lowry, is a good defender but will basically get burned on any switch because of his lack of size/length.

Exactly! We cannot defend these guys and that has been the problem every year. We previous years we couldn't score much either. This year showed the change in the offence worked, it's the defence that was the problem and as you said having 3 bad defenders in your starting lineup along with CJ and Poeltl playing uncharacteristically bad on that end doesn't help.

Comment

So like I've been saying all year. Is Boston still trash?

Kyrie and Hayward aren't even playing. Imagine how much better they're going to be next year. We are so fucked.
                            I never thought they were trash but I think we can all say you were right. Boston is going to be very good for a very long time with all these young guys. So yes we are fucked. Especially with Philly right behind them as well. And if Milwaukee finally gets it together they are another sleeper team. Lebron going West won't really save us. It would help but it won't save us

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              No, it REALLY was largely DeRozan.

The Raptors offense was 33 points per possession better when he was on the bench against Cleveland. That's larger than the gap between the greatest offense of the three-point era and the worst offense of the three-point era.
                              DeRozan was awful in the series but people are acting like those 3 games are his "true" talent level. Something was going on in that guy's head and he didn't have it.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• It's so painful watching Cleveland miss every shot. They're 0-12 from three for fuck's sake
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X