Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    He fucked up for sure lol. And why would you even draft a PG when you already have Simmons?
    Trust the process...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Mental toughness and poor coaching vs the Cavs looks to be confirmed now. Pacers and Celts both took 3 games, and are: (a) not afraid of Lebron, and (b) defending the ‘other guys’ properly.
      If these conference finals (both ECF and WCF) don't make it crystal clear how essential mental toughness and relentless defensive focus are, I don't know what would. Hope our guys are watching these carefully and understand that.

Last off-season was 3-pt shooting they needed to get, this year is chest hair and balls.

Comment

• I don't think many people would have predicted a Houston-Boston finals....which could happen. I really thought Golden State would steamroll everyone but they look very much out of synch. I thought Kerr's decision to not call the time out on the last possession was a little laziness or arrogance or both. To set up a play of some sort (I would have tried to get Durant the ball against a small defender) would seem logical. Instead they looked indecisive and ended up passing the ball into a trap. I expect them to bounce back and win it in six or seven but they look far more vulnerable than I had expected. Which is great.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Lol

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            If these conference finals (both ECF and WCF) don't make it crystal clear how essential mental toughness and relentless defensive focus are, I don't know what would. Hope our guys are watching these carefully and understand that.

Last off-season was 3-pt shooting they needed to get, this year is chest hair and balls.
            DeMar and Kyle have been in the league a combined 21 seasons.

Do you think it's simply a lack of mental toughness that's keeping them from elite play? Or is it that they're just not good enough?

I am mentally tough. But if I play basketball against a college player no amount of mental toughness is going to close the gap.

Comment

• Ty Lue drawing up plays when LeBron comes out of the game: [@realwtsports] pic.twitter.com/N6Rcm9mbOU

— Ohio Sports Nation (@SN_Ohio) May 16, 2018
              Buahahaha!!

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Do you think it's simply a lack of mental toughness that's keeping them from elite play? Or is it that they're just not good enough?

I am mentally tough. But if I play basketball against a college player no amount of mental toughness is going to close the gap.
                No, it's not just mental toughness (that's just the "not fearing Lebron" part). it's also lack of defensive focus when it mattered, the absence of which showed they weren't good enough to beat the cavs this year

Having a particular set of basketball skills is a talent. Having the mental stability/tenacity to apply those skills under pressure is also a talent. Both are needed at this level.

(mental toughness is a very broad term, I just meant it in the narrow "NBA playoff spotlight" context. I'm sure all these guys are mentally tough in life in general)
                Last edited by inthepaint; Thu May 24, 2018, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

DeMar is mentally tough against everybody but Lebronto. Raps would steamroll the Pacers or Celtics in the playoffs, guaranteed. 0-4 sweep, with 2 complete capitulations vs. the Cavs? That had nothing to do with talent, my man. That had everything to do with leadership, or lack thereof, when it mattered.

So, in the span of 1 month the Pacers and Celtics (after losing their best player) have both increased their talent level to be competitive with Lebron and to a vastly superior level the Raps? lol. C'mon. We just have to accept the Skip Bayless and Paul Pierce narrative is true: that our leadership triumvirate (Casey, Derozan & Lowry) shrinks in the face of Lebronto. The mental weakness is clearer than ever.

Comment

DeMar is mentally tough against everybody but Lebronto. Raps would steamroll the Pacers or Celtics in the playoffs, guaranteed. 0-4 sweep, with 2 complete capitulations vs. the Cavs? That had nothing to do with talent, my man. That had everything to do with leadership, or lack thereof, when it mattered.

So, in the span of 1 month the Pacers and Celtics (after losing their best player) have both increased their talent level to be competitive with Lebron and to a vastly superior level the Raps? lol. C'mon. We just have to accept the Skip Bayless and Paul Pierce narrative is true: that our leadership triumvirate (Casey, Derozan & Lowry) shrinks in the face of Lebronto. The mental weakness is clearer than ever.
                    Raptors haven't 'steamrolled' anyone in the playoffs, ever. They haven't won a series in less than 6 games in this entire era.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Your point can be made with out using the word "steamroll". I feel confident that the Raps could have beaten either Philly or Boston in a 7 game series. Would probably take 6 or 7 games not 4 or 5 though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Your point can be made with out using the word "steamroll". I feel confident that the Raps could have beaten either Philly or Boston in a 7 game series. Would probably take 6 or 7 games not 4 or 5 though.
                        When I say steamroll, I'm taking into account that we will spot the other team 2 games, gratis, because Casey-gonna-Case.

Comment

because Casey-gonna-Case.
                          We don't have to say this phrase in present-tense anymore.

So there's that, at least.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            We don't have to say this phrase in present-tense anymore.

So there's that, at least.
                            Lol, True. Casey-done-Casin’

Comment

• Warriors look drunk and the Rockets are missing open threes. What is this game lol
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• PJ Tucker is such a likeable player. I really wish the best for him. Hope Houston beats Golden State just because of tucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X