Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    The Rockets have the personnel, that's why they're a good.defensive team.

Capela is a stud. Raps could've had him in 2014 but took Bruno 20th overall instead smfh.

Paul is a good a defender. Ariza is a good defender. Tucker is a beast. Gordon is lowkey a good defender.

Another thing about the Rockets is they play a 7 man rotation. And that's really how it should be in the playoffs. You need your stars to be on the floor at all times.
    All that...and that they are winning against the Warriors using the despised ISO ball .... it still pales in comparison to the power of the jinx thread....because we all know.. logic aside.. that its the thread man....its the thread ...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri May 25, 2018, 11:35 AM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Casey's 10-13 men rotation(or gimmick) in the playoffs did not work. Shocker.

I'm still having nightmares seeing Noguiera getting playoff mins. Smfh.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        I mean it's Casey you never know with him.
        Agreed. Look at how experimental these teams are getting..casey had all these tools at his disposal and went with the most inane lineups
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Casey's 10-13 men rotation(or gimmick) in the playoffs did not work. Shocker.

I'm still having nightmares seeing Noguiera getting playoff mins. Smfh.
          When nothing works...and the guys he put out didn't either have it or want it enough.... you go crazy...and throw up shit to see if something sticks... unfortunately nothing did....

It cost Casey his job....
          - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Agreed. Look at how experimental these teams are getting..casey had all these tools at his disposal and went with the most inane lineups
            The OG/Siakam pairing was the obvious combo to try. The Derozan/Miles pairing was the obvious combo to avoid.

And if Mike D'Antoni can get Harden to play defense like this, I don't see why Casey (self-proclaimed defensive coach) couldn't his 'son' Demar to play defense after 7 years of tutelage.
            Last edited by golden; Fri May 25, 2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Tucker and OG sharing a court together would have been so much fun.
              Against anyone but LeBron, I think that would be true. Tucker seemed to have as much luck as anyone else at trying to slow down Bron last year in the playoffs.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                When nothing works...and the guys he put out didn't either have it or want it enough.... you go crazy...and throw up shit to see if something sticks... unfortunately nothing did....

It cost Casey his job....
                Nah that's exactly what you don't do in playoffs. In regular season game? sure. But he should've experimented more with his line ups in regular season and got to know what various line ups give him and strategically use them. Also look at how Warriors continuously attacked David West until Kerr had to take him out. When did Casey ever punished opposing player. Like when did Raps straight up bullied someone until a coach had to take him out. Korver, Love, Clarkson. Those guys should've been keyed in and attacked relentlessly
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nah that's exactly what you don't do in playoffs. In regular season game? sure. But he should've experimented more with his line ups in regular season and got to know what various line ups give him and strategically use them. Also look at how Warriors continuously attacked David West until Kerr had to take him out. When did Casey ever punished opposing player. Like when did Raps straight up bullied someone until a coach had to take him out. Korver, Love, Clarkson. Those guys should've been keyed in and attacked relentlessly
                  Cha-ching.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Against anyone but LeBron, I think that would be true. Tucker seemed to have as much luck as anyone else at trying to slow down Bron last year in the playoffs.
                    It's more so on the switch. I'd rather have OG/Tucker on the Lebron/Korver PnR than OG/Miles.

And Tucker would have done a better job on Love as well.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      The OG/Siakam pairing was the obvious combo to try. The Derozan/Miles pairing was the obvious combo to avoid.

And if Mike D'Antoni can get Harden to play defense like this, I don't see why Casey (self-proclaimed defensive coach) couldn't his 'son' Demar to play defense after 7 years of tutelage.
                      He self proclaimed his self as a defensive coach? LOL, I always thought that was a tag that the posters here who didn't like him came up with. Perhaps some that liked him as well.

Comment

Spoken like a veteran NBA coach with 500 games under his belt...

Oh..hold on..your on a message board with 20/20 hinsight.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri May 25, 2018, 12:33 PM.
                        - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

For sure man...hear your on the shortlist in Orlando
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri May 25, 2018, 12:29 PM.
                          - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            It's more so on the switch. I'd rather have OG/Tucker on the Lebron/Korver PnR than OG/Miles.

And Tucker would have done a better job on Love as well.
                            Would have been fun to watch for sure. If Siakam turns into as good of a defender as we all think he can be, that OG/Siakam pairing could be deadly in the future.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Spoken like a veteran NBA coach with 500 games under his belt...
                              Don't start that christianL gimmick where NBA coaches are free from questioning. There's a reason some are better than others, and we're witnessing it in the 3rd round.

None of us would likely ever do better than Casey over the course of an entire game let alone a quarter. But we are able to sit on our couch with chips and a beer and observe what others are doing better than he did
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Would have been fun to watch for sure. If Siakam turns into as good of a defender as we all think he can be, that OG/Siakam pairing could be deadly in the future.
                                I was hoping to see a lot of that pairing in round 2.. and we never did. Casey always wanted Miles out there for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X