Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Well of course it's within Winslow's rights (don't think anyone's denying that), but it's also within my rights to call him a douche.

It's Lance Stephenson's right to score a layup in the denying seconds of a blowout win, and I'll call him a douche for that too, lol.
    Sure. He is a douche. So are many past champions or jerseys hung in rafters. Some teams need douches. Raptors might need a little more douche.

There is a line. I've seen hockey players literally stomp on guys with the blades of skates or attempt to fuck up their neck and back from behind, but I digress.

Was it unclassy and may be uncalled for? Was it as my friend khd said, Tonya Harding esque and sabotaging medical equipment? Bah. What are we playing here, backgammon? Lawn bowling. Hell nah this is playoff hoops baby
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Sure. He is a douche. So are many past champions or jerseys hung in rafters. Some teams need douches. Raptors might need a little more douche.

There is a line. I've seen hockey players literally stomp on guys with the blades of skates or attempt to fuck up their neck and back from behind, but I digress.

Was it unclassy and may be uncalled for? Was it as my friend khd said, Tonya Harding esque and sabotaging medical equipment? Bah. What are we playing here, backgammon? Lawn bowling. Hell nah this is playoff hoops baby
      What if instead of a face mask, it was a contact lens? Or Horace Grant's prescription goggles? Would either be acceptable?

Comment

Also, I don't think it's plainly obvious that Embiid has 50 other masks available. Custom-fit devices usually aren't that plentiful.
        Well then he probably shouldn't be tossing them on the floor. I think Winslow stepping on the goggles was more about Embiid being a complete ass than it was about trying to keep him off the floor.

Comment

• Danny Crawford, who ended his 32-year tenure as an NBA referee last season, said he watched replays of Winslow, the Heat forward, stepping on the protective face mask after it’d fallen off of Embiid, the 76ers center, in the second quarter of the playoff game.

“My gut was, that’s an unsportsmanlike act,’’ Crawford said Thursday during a phone interview. “And I would have probably thought to give him a technical foul on that.

“But we don’t have any casebook situations at all pertaining to that, so that’s why it doesn’t surprise me at all that if the referees saw it, they didn’t react to it.’’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...les/535165002/

Comment

What if instead of a face mask, it was a contact lens? Or Horace Grant's prescription goggles? Would either be acceptable?
            Give it a rest... Its not as if he physically tried to hurt him...
            Its a contact sport played by grown men for the most part.... lines are blurry when emotions run high....and Embiid as part of his act tries to get guys out of their games with his preening to the crowd....
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 20, 2018, 01:50 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Danny Crawford, who ended his 32-year tenure as an NBA referee last season, said he watched replays of Winslow, the Heat forward, stepping on the protective face mask after it’d fallen off of Embiid, the 76ers center, in the second quarter of the playoff game.

“My gut was, that’s an unsportsmanlike act,’’ Crawford said Thursday during a phone interview. “And I would have probably thought to give him a technical foul on that.

“But we don’t have any casebook situations at all pertaining to that, so that’s why it doesn’t surprise me at all that if the referees saw it, they didn’t react to it.’’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...les/535165002/
              Jeez.. a tech... and here I thought you were looking for jail time....
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 20, 2018, 01:53 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• He's right
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Give it a rest... Its not as if he physically tried to hurt him...
                  Its a contact sport played by grown men for the most part.... lines are blurry when emotions run high....and Embiid as part of his act tries to get guys out of their games with his preening to the crowd....
                  My line is clear. If you attempt to take a guy off the court by injuring him, or sabotaging his equipment, that's a no-no.

Comment

My line is clear. If you attempt to take a guy off the court by injuring him, or sabotaging his equipment, that's a no-no.
                    if a guy loses his shoe and i throw it in the stands that's bad?
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Exactly. Winslow stepped on Embiid's mask. The intent is clearly to break it. That's unsportsmanlike.

If that happened to a Raptors player, posters here including Demographic would be all over the refs.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't think justice Winslow realistically thought he could snap that mask in pieces, or that if he did then joel would be unable to play. I think it was pure gamesmanship to try and get under his skin and be the bad guy. And as someone had mentioned earlier, if Joel was so worried about this mask maybe he shouldn't be throwing it around multiple times in frustration.

Comment

• There seems to be two sides here

1. Bend the rules, break the rules, blur the rules. Make enemies. Don't try and physically harm anyone. A little douchebaggery in game 3 just adds to the fun

2. If you see your opponents equipment in your path, the right thing to do is pick it up, clean it off, return it to its rightful owner, hug him and ask if hed like to get coffee and vent about anything bothering him after the game. We're all humans and deserve a kind ear to listen.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            if a guy loses his shoe and i throw it in the stands that's bad?
                            If you rip his shoe in half, ya.

Comment

I don't think justice Winslow realistically thought he could snap that mask in pieces, or that if he did then joel would be unable to play. I think it was pure gamesmanship to try and get under his skin and be the bad guy. And as someone had mentioned earlier, if Joel was so worried about this mask maybe he shouldn't be throwing it around multiple times in frustration.
                              A lot of assumptions here, though, on what Winslow's intentions were.

Truth is, we don't know what he was thinking as he looked down, saw the mask, and stepped on it. The only thing we can all agree on is that it wasn't an accident.

Comment

There seems to be two sides here

1. Bend the rules, break the rules, blur the rules. Make enemies. Don't try and physically harm anyone. A little douchebaggery in game 3 just adds to the fun

2. If you see your opponents equipment in your path, the right thing to do is pick it up, clean it off, return it to its rightful owner, hug him and ask if hed like to get coffee and vent about anything bothering him after the game. We're all humans and deserve a kind ear to listen.
                                Or

1. Breaking people's shit is cool.

2. Breaking people's shit is not cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X