Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What does 'fake outrage' mean, exactly?

1. You don't think Cox is actually interested in this topic?

or

2. You don't agree with Cox's stance on the topic?
    I don't think he's interested in this topic at all. He's just putting it out there for attention.....like always.

Skip Bayless has mastered that skill.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I don't think he's interested in this topic at all. He's just putting it out there for attention.....like always.

Skip Bayless has mastered that skill.
      But he does ask a valid question. We've talked about it constantly in these forums, how disrespected the Raps are by the US media. The lack of TV coverage, the 'choker' label, #WeTheOther, etc.

Why do we care so badly? What does it matter who else is watching the Raptors? Does any of it make any difference to our enjoyment of watching the Raptors? Why do we feel the need to announce to the world that we're a legit team? Shouldn't the only thing that matter be wins and losses?

Comment

But he does ask a valid question. We've talked about it constantly in these forums, how disrespected the Raps are by the US media. The lack of TV coverage, the 'choker' label, #WeTheOther, etc.

Why do we care so badly? What does it matter who else is watching the Raptors? Does any of it make any difference to our enjoyment of watching the Raptors? Why do we feel the need to announce to the world that we're a legit team? Shouldn't the only thing that matter be wins and losses?
        I'll argue that Raps fans don't really care. They just like the the whole narrative of "Toronto vs Everybody". Raps fans like to be underdog and act like everybody is against them: refs, media, NBA.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          I'll argue that Raps fans don't really care. They just like the the whole narrative of "Toronto vs Everybody". Raps fans like to be underdog and act like everybody is against them: refs, media, NBA.
          Hey, I admit it makes me proud to see US media coverage.

But I also admit that there's no rational reason for me to be proud. It's not like I'm part of the team, lol. I didn't accomplish anything.

Comment

I really could care less about it. I know a lot of people care about it though.

But i said it before, before anyone complain about the lack of coverage in the US, look at the Raptors coverage in Canada. It's a joke. No pregame show, no postgame show. Some playoff games are on Sportsnet One, TSN 2, 3, 4, 5. It's a joke. It people want to whine and complain then complain about the lack of coverage in this country first.

Laughs playoff games will never be on those channels.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Anybody here not from Toronto, but living in Canada? And do you have a bit of dislike for Torontonians because you feel like they think they are better than you? That kind of sums up why we want to be recognized by US media, and the American teams. Because we think that they think they're better or superior to us. Not just in terms of basketball either.

Comment

But i said it before, before anyone complain about the lack of coverage in the US, look at the Raptors coverage in Canada. It's a joke. No pregame show, no postgame show. Some playoff games are on Sportsnet One, TSN 2, 3, 4, 5. It's a joke. It people want to whine and complain then complain about the lack of coverage in this country first.

The thought of something like Sherman Hamilton and Rod Black for 30 extra minutes before and after every Raptors game makes me want to puke.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

TSN 3, 4 and 5 are the same as TSN 1. They are regional channels. 3/4s of the Leafs games in-season were broadcast regionally - I know, because I couldn't watch them. At least with Raptors games they don't black out the other regions like they do with the Leafs. As for Leafs playoffs, well, yeah they get CBC every night, because the Leafs are the biggest draw in Canada by a large margin. Also, Sportsnet owns the national rights, and is keeping all the NHL playoffs for themselves (despite throwing some regular season bones to TSN), so again, it doesn't matter which specific channel the game is broadcast on, everyone can see them.

Now, TSN 2 and SN1, yeah, the Raptors get stuck on there sometimes. That's a valid argument. But TSN has been good about giving the Raptors national coverage, and SN is sticking them on SN1 because they have to make money off the NHL games, they paid a pretty penny for those rights, and right now there are multiple NHL games every night.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It helps if the US is paying attention because it sells our team to stars. Guys may want to come to Toronto in free agency or when asking for a trade. It would be nice to get some recognition so that the Raptors actually can become a destination.

The bigger problem of course is recognition in our own back yard. Canadians don't seem to give a sh!t about basketball in general. Been that way for the last 20 years. Hockey first. Baseball second. Then everything else after, including Basketball. And when you feel disrespected in your own country you want to try to get any type of recognition from "basketball heads" (ie, guys that watch the sport religiously).. and unfortunately those guys really only exist in the States. So when guys in the States are talking up the Raptors, it just feels good.

Comment

Dude how you gonna act like you don't care? You're always sharing the Stephen A Smith videos and complaining about what channel we're on or what Paul Pierce said

But your ability to suddenly rise above and not be lumped in with us common peons is nothing short of amazing. Just like that run as a Bulls fan thru most of January. You're a damn chameleon.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        The bigger problem of course is recognition in our own back yard. Canadians don't seem to give a sh!t about basketball in general. Been that way for the last 20 years. Hockey first. Baseball second. Then everything else after, including Basketball. And when you feel disrespected in your own country you want to try to get any type of recognition from "basketball heads" (ie, guys that watch the sport religiously).. and unfortunately those guys really only exist in the States. So when guys in the States are talking up the Raptors, it just feels good.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Dude how you gonna act like you don't care? You're always sharing the Stephen A Smith videos and complaining about what channel we're on or what Paul Pierce said

But your ability to suddenly rise above and not be lumped in with us common peons is nothing short of amazing. Just like that run as a Bulls fan thru most of January. You're a damn chameleon.
                          You are fake news.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Who's your ROY this year? Mitchell or Simmons?

Comment

• Mitchell
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Mitchell
                                Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X