No announcement yet.

Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly get rid of Demar... team has good young potential players.

Demar is not elite... never will be .. very good player...not elite.

His style of play doesnt work on a young and gun Raps team.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Lol yuppppp

I want to rev up the tank right now. This team hasn't had an actual superstar on it since 2004. Let's go get one in the draft.
      Superstars: they grow on trees, "in the draft"
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post

His style of play doesnt work on a young and gun Raps team.
        Ur opinion or fact?

If anything we need Lowry and Ibaka home before DD. At least Demar is still young a f improves every year.
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          Ur opinion or fact?

If anything we need Lowry and Ibaka home before DD. At least Demar is still young a f improves every year.
          It's a fact. Line ups with him plus bench were shit in playoffs. He didn't improve in key areas. His 3 point shooting is still not reliable and he never made attempt at improving his defense.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            They are rare but that's the only place where they grow. Tank could fail. But this retool thing is just hopeless to me. Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka. Their value will only continue to go down with each year. In 2 years we will not resign Lowry and Ibaka and risk to lose them for nothing.

Comment

• It's all pointless. Masai already said that they will not tank. So let's wait and see how MLSE will spin this again and try to entice people to spend money on this team.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                It's all pointless. Masai already said that they will not tank. So let's wait and see how MLSE will spin this again and try to entice people to spend money on this team.
                I can imagine that they'll give it one last go with this core, then start firing up the tank after next year when hopefully the bigger contracts are easier to move. As of right now I can't imagine that there are a lot of teams who would be interested in our stars + Serge
                OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                  I can imagine that they'll give it one last go with this core, then start firing up the tank after next year when hopefully the bigger contracts are easier to move. As of right now I can't imagine that there are a lot of teams who would be interested in our stars + Serge
                  Yeah basically. Rebuild is coming sooner or later. MLSE don't even have to spin it my dumbass will be back anyways

Comment

Yeah basically. Rebuild is coming sooner or later. MLSE don't even have to spin it my dumbass will be back anyways
                    Doesn't have to be a tank rebuild though.

It is hard to imagine all of DD, Lowry and Ibaka all traded this summer. That's pretty much what I'd like to see, but more likely it does happen slowly. Maybe a mid-season trade of Ibaka if he's playing well enough to up his value again.

I want them to commit to the young group. Get as many young pieces trading DeMar away as possible. Try to get more youth and/or passable role players with Ibaka and Lowry as well as maybe a couple of draft picks.

The only option to retool and get better by next year is if we swap DeMar for Kawhi, which would probably cost more than DeMar. I don't know why the Spurs would do that though. We still have no real idea what the situation is in San Antonio, and if they do decide to trade him, what they would want for Leonard.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Nice strawman.

They don't grow on trees, but when you're not a free agent destination and don't have good trade assets, the only way to get one is through the draft. Unless you think Fred VanVleet is gonna turn himself into a superstar in the next couple years.

Comment

• DeMar + JV to Pels for Cousins and fillers (maybe a pick?). Could this be done?

Comment

• What's this narrative about the starters being more important and the bench not being as important being bad signs that should have predicted these playoffs? The starters were one of the best starting units in the entire league all year long, and were very good (one of the few positive lineups in the Cavs series until the coaching staff foolishly abandoned the lineup). The bench kept playing in the playoffs and were good in both series (again, one of the few positive lineups in the Cavs series until the coaching staff foolishly abandoned the lineup).

The weakness of the team was in the margins of the rotation, the issues they had all year, and the coaching. All of which reared some very ugly heads in both rounds of the playoffs, but especially (obviously) in the Cavs series. The series was over as soon as Casey abandoned the looks that had worked all year (and were working against the Cavs) to use more looks that had never worked, and which continued to not work, shockingly.

It's frustrating watching Indiana and Boston execute game plans against the Cavs. And yes, the rosters are not the same. But the failures we saw from this team were not primarily because of personnel. The game plan was garbage - defensive strategy, matchups, lineups, etc. Take Boston's lineup or Indy's lineup and give them our game plan and it's a 4 game sweep there too.

Now, take our lineup and run a proper game plan and we probably still struggle a bit with hiding DeMar, and with Serge playing like garbage. We need some player turnover, in all likelihood. But these narratives running around that it was just the players running scared or not tough enough, or that the strengths of the team wouldn't translate to the playoffs - that's all a bit dramatic, even if they were factors to one degree or another. The reality is that the single biggest factor to the collapse was the incredible panic from the coaching staff - hopefully an issue they can remedy with whoever the new hire will be. I still look forward to the other issues being remedied as well (I've had my fill of DeRozan, personally), but let's not panic and overreact like the coaching staff did in evaluating this team, and avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't think it's dramatic at all seeing as we just got swept with a -16 netRTG.

But hey man, keep doing MLSE's work for them on here.

Comment

They are rare but that's the only place where they grow. Tank could fail. But this retool thing is just hopeless to me. Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka. Their value will only continue to go down with each year. In 2 years we will not resign Lowry and Ibaka and risk to lose them for nothing.
                              Houston Rockets are an exception. Lebron to Miami before that. And Celtics big 3 before that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Houston Rockets are an exception. Lebron to Miami before that. And Celtics big 3 before that.
                                If we can pull off a deal like the Harden one I'm all for it.

We are not the free agent destination Miami is.

We don't have the trade assets to pull off what Boston did.

Comment

Working...
                                X