Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I didn't say Kyle was worth more in a trade. I said he could clearly get you something of value in return. He's not a nothing asset, he's still a top 5-7 point guard.

For example look at Phoenix. New coach, tons of prospects, no good PG and there aren't really any great ones in this draft. You think they wouldn't want Lowry to help them get into the playoffs for the first time since 2010?
    No, because they're so far away from contention that Lowry isn't going to do it for them. Plus it looks like they've whiffed on a bunch of those prospects, so another year of being bad to get more is a better idea than fighting and ending up finishing 10th in the West.

I think Philadelphia is still the interesting team as a potential Lowry location. Milwaukee needs a point guard upgrade as well but really has nothing the Raptors want in my opinion.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      No, because they're so far away from contention that Lowry isn't going to do it for them. Plus it looks like they've whiffed on a bunch of those prospects, so another year of being bad to get more is a better idea than fighting and ending up finishing 10th in the West.

I think Philadelphia is still the interesting team as a potential Lowry location. Milwaukee needs a point guard upgrade as well but really has nothing the Raptors want in my opinion.
      Josh Jackson looked better the 2nd half of the year. Booker is near all-star level. They might get Doncic.

Comment

I didn't say Kyle was worth more in a trade. I said he could clearly get you something of value in return. He's not a nothing asset, he's still a top 5-7 point guard.

For example look at Phoenix. New coach, tons of prospects, no good PG and there aren't really any great ones in this draft. You think they wouldn't want Lowry to help them get into the playoffs for the first time since 2010?
        LOL, no, Phoenix won't trade assets for a 31 year old PG owed 60M+ over two years in which they have zero chance of making the playoffs.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And that's not what I said. Some people can't think or read either it seems.

They aren't equal but there is a correlation, and DeMar's youth doesn't make him so exponentially more valuable than Kyle that he can be the core piece in a Kawhi trade but Lowry can't get you ANYTHING in return.
          Lowry you could probably trade for value if you weren't looking to rebuild (though with the cap situation and his high salary it would not be easy). If you want high value prospects/picks to actually help with a rebuild, no bad team will trade that sort of value for him. If you want to trade Lowry for dead salary and a late 1st, sure, you can do that, but there's basically no value in doing so. Better to try to leverage him for a better return when his value isn't just tied up in his contributions.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I see Lowry being successful in a market where they can get into the playoffs but need to get over the hump. Like a Minnesota, San Antonio, Indiana, Milwaukee or Philly. Or a team that just barely missed the playoffs like Detroit or LAC.

But not on a tanking/rebuilding team. Lowry would sulk and the team would just piss away assets for nothing.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              LOL, no, Phoenix won't trade assets for a 31 year old PG owed 60M+ over two years in which they have zero chance of making the playoffs.
              Chandler, Dudley, Alan Williams, Chriss and the Heat pick.

But yeah they would NEVER consider that.

Comment

• I like the idea of hitting up the Knicks too. Take on Noah's deal, Lee's expiring and get Frank Ntilikina and a 1st.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I see Lowry being successful in a market where they can get into the playoffs but need to get over the hump. Like a Minnesota, San Antonio, Indiana, Milwaukee or Philly. Or a team that just barely missed the playoffs like Detroit or LAC.

But not on a tanking/rebuilding team. Lowry would sulk and the team would just piss away assets for nothing.
                  Yep. And those are exactly the type of desperate teams that feel pressure to win now while their window is open, be it contending, or simply making the playoffs. Lowry is a veteran leader who can run a team and shoot volume 3's at a high percentage, so there should always be a market for that. His defensive rep has dwindled, but other than that, he's basically Chris Paul lite.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I see Lowry being successful in a market where they can get into the playoffs but need to get over the hump. Like a Minnesota, San Antonio, Indiana, Milwaukee or Philly. Or a team that just barely missed the playoffs like Detroit or LAC.

Yep. And those are exactly the type of desperate teams that feel pressure to win now while their window is open, be it contending, or simply making the playoffs. Lowry is a veteran leader who can run a team and shoot volume 3's at a high percentage, so there should always be a market for that. His defensive rep has dwindled, but other than that, he's basically Chris Paul lite.

Comment

• Point is there are good trades out there to be had for Ibaka and Lowry to kickstart a rebuild right now.

Comment

• Lowry is a point of debate. If there's a really good trade, they'll trade him, but unless it's with Philly you'll probably need matching salary coming back so you're either going to get a good player or an awful albatross contract.

There is no good trade for Ibaka.

Comment

Lowry is a point of debate. If there's a really good trade, they'll trade him, but unless it's with Philly you'll probably need matching salary coming back so you're either going to get a good player or an awful albatross contract.

You might be able to get a trade done with Ibaka. But it won't be a win trade. More like a lateral one. Like a Ryan Anderson / Ibaka swap.

Comment

Lowry is a point of debate. If there's a really good trade, they'll trade him, but unless it's with Philly you'll probably need matching salary coming back so you're either going to get a good player or an awful albatross contract.

Not true.

Portland is weak at power forward. Why would they not give us Turner's contract, Aminu and a 1st for him?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              I wanted to barf watching us let the Cavs run their same crappy sets unimpeded all series

Comment

Not true.

Portland is weak at power forward. Why would they not give us Turner's contract, Aminu and a 1st for him?
                                They would not.

Comment

Working...
                                X