No announcement yet.

Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say Trade lowry, we got two guys who can hold it down at PG. Aim for a young wing player or PF

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      You might be able to get a trade done with Ibaka. But it won't be a win trade. More like a lateral one. Like a Ryan Anderson / Ibaka swap.
      I'd rather have Ibaka to be honest.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        I'm not panicked at all. I just have a major issue with this team's direction.
        Good to know. I don't want to see what it's like when you actually are panicking.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Good to know. I don't want to see what it's like when you actually are panicking.
          He's definitely a hormone enraged teenager, I know cause I was exactly the same back when I joined

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
            I'd rather have Ibaka to be honest.
            Yeah same.. but the point is that if Ibaka is moved it would be for a bad contract (like Batum or Noah) or a similar contract (like Anderson). I don't really see us moving Ibaka. He's sort of useful. I mean he had some good games in the regular season. And he was one of our best players in games 1 and 2 against Washington.

Comment

Yeah same.. but the point is that if Ibaka is moved it would be for a bad contract (like Batum or Noah) or a similar contract (like Anderson). I don't really see us moving Ibaka. He's sort of useful. I mean he had some good games in the regular season. And he was one of our best players in games 1 and 2 against Washington.
              I'd rather have Batum than Ibaka to be honest

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                He's definitely a hormone enraged teenager, I know cause I was exactly the same back when I joined
                I'm 23. I thought personal attacks weren't allowed here. There's nothing in this post even remotely basketball related.

Comment

The frustrating thing is a good Ibaka is so perfect for this offense. When Ibaka is playing well the Raptors legitimately are a top 3 team in the league. It's just, he doesn't play well often enough anymore. I'm not sure if it's a "he's old" thing or a confidence thing.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    I'd rather have Batum than Ibaka to be honest
                    Batum makes about $4M more per year, and has one year longer on his contract. So Charlotte might do it.. but we're thin at the PF spot. Batum is arguably more talented but Ibaka is a better fit unfortunately.

Comment

• DD and JV have the best trade value and are the most likely to be dealt if we deal anyone.

Dealing them for picks and better defensive players while maintaining the rest of the roster probably improves the team.

That's a realistic retool scenario where we get lotto picks without having to miss the playoffs.

What teams are in need of a DD or JV?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        DD and JV have the best trade value and are the most likely to be dealt if we deal anyone.

Dealing them for picks and better defensive players while maintaining the rest of the roster probably improves the team.

That's a realistic retool scenario where we get lotto picks without having to miss the playoffs.

What teams are in need of a DD or JV?
                        Atlanta doesn't have a good young center and there aren't many in the draft. Can absorb the salary and have 3 1st round picks and an early 2nd this year.

For DD there's quite a few. Clippers, Lakers maybe, Minnesota if they're tired of Wiggins, etc.

Comment

Atlanta doesn't have a good young center and there aren't many in the draft. Can absorb the salary and have 3 1st round picks and an early 2nd this year.

For DD there's quite a few. Clippers, Lakers maybe, Minnesota if they're tired of Wiggins, etc.
                          Atlanta only has 1 lotto pick, and I don't think they're going to trade it after they tanked so hard to get it. Maybe on draft night if they fall out of the top 3 and don't like the guys available at their pick. Trading JV for the 19th pick (their next best pick) doesn't really do it for me, I'd rather keep him.

Clippers have 2 lotto picks so they're an interesting trade partner. I'd take both in exchange for Derozan. They have some crap contracts to make the money work. What we have to take back will depend on if guys take their player options or not. If Jordan leaves they have abig hole at C so JV becomes an option there too. He could probably fetch one of their lotto picks.

Sacramento has a lotto pick and are desperate to be relevant. They also have a few interesting young players. They could be a landing place for either DD or JV.

The Knicks have a lotto pick and are also desperate to be relevant. DD or JV would both be enticing additions for them.

Comment

Atlanta only has 1 lotto pick, and I don't think they're going to trade it after they tanked so hard to get it. Maybe on draft night if they fall out of the top 3 and don't like the guys available at their pick. Trading JV for the 19th pick (their next best pick) doesn't really do it for me, I'd rather keep him.

Clippers have 2 lotto picks so they're an interesting trade partner. I'd take both in exchange for Derozan. They have some crap contracts to make the money work. What we have to take back will depend on if guys take their player options or not. If Jordan leaves they have abig hole at C so JV becomes an option there too. He could probably fetch one of their lotto picks.

Sacramento has a lotto pick and are desperate to be relevant. They also have a few interesting young players. They could be a landing place for either DD or JV.

The Knicks have a lotto pick and are also desperate to be relevant. DD or JV would both be enticing additions for them.
                            Sacramento has way too many centers to want JV tbh

Comment

Sacramento has way too many centers to want JV tbh
                              I'm assuming they would dump one on us in return, JV is better than every player on Sacramento.

Comment

I'm assuming they would dump one on us in return, JV is better than every player on Sacramento.
                                I'd be cool with that.

Anyway we agree that there are options to trade these guys for value.

Comment

Working...
                                X