• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Carmelo anythony is basically later career Andrea bargnani now

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Mitchell is unreal. Best player in this series and its not close.
      Mitchell is like a more athletic version of DWade with 3-pt shot. Major 'IT' factor.

Comment

Carmelo anythony is basically later career Andrea bargnani now
        If we can swap DeRozan for Paul George this offseason, do we do it?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Would you rather have Lowry and George or DeRozan and Lillard?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            If I had to choose, I might lean towards Lowry/George because of the defensive versatility.

But then again, DeRozan/Lillard allows us to compete for a much longer window (based on players' ages).

Comment

No.

George isn't much better anymore and is starting to get bit of a track record as a malcontent. Demar is captain Canada, from Compton to your city, #10....

I never thought I would have said that even a year ago. But I'm not swapping out derozan for George.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Lowry/George, easily. George is so versatile on defense and has a track record of elevating his game in the playoffs.

Comment

• At least we’re not the Thunder

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    At least we’re not the Thunder
                    They're in trouble. I think George bolts to LA, and Carmelo does some sort of buyout thing(DanH can slap my wrist if that is completely not doable) and gets on a flight with LBJ to Houston to form their banana boat team with CP3 where Harden = prime Dwyane Wade, and Carmelo is the 6th man off the bench.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

They're in trouble. I think George bolts to LA, and Carmelo does some sort of buyout thing(DanH can slap my wrist if that is completely not doable) and gets on a flight with LBJ to Houston to form their banana boat team with CP3 where Harden = prime Dwyane Wade, and Carmelo is the 6th man off the bench.
                      If Melo wants out he has an ETO. So he can walk. But the team doesn't have control over that option.

If Melo would take a friendly buyout to save them some money I'd bet they go for that. They may even waive and stretch him anyway to get their tax bill down.

They accomplished what they wanted with the trades for those two - they got Russ to extend. Now they can take their time to build around him. George and Melo being there long term was likely not in the plans, even if they hoped for George to stay. Heck, the ideal for them is probably convincing George to re-sign and then waiving Melo (if he doesn't opt out) to clear some dollars. Not like Melo really helped them win much, if at all.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Lowry/George, easily. George is so versatile on defense and has a track record of elevating his game in the playoffs.
                        Yeah it's a no-brainer (except for age). Lillard/DeMar would be one of the worst defensive backcourts in the NBA, barely better than Dame/CJ.

Only advantage is DeMar/Dame are 28.5 heading into next year, Kyle/PG are 30. But I'd rather chance Kyle aging like Billups than expect any defensive improvement from Dame/DD.

Comment

If I had to choose, I might lean towards Lowry/George because of the defensive versatility.

But then again, DeRozan/Lillard allows us to compete for a much longer window (based on players' ages).
                          Yeah, I think DeRozan's inside game would compliment Lillards perimeter game much nicer than Lillard/Mccollum combo. Youth is on their side as mentioned. But if I was competing for a championship now then I would go with Lowry/George. Both great shooters and both better defenders for their positions.

Comment

No.

George isn't much better anymore and is starting to get bit of a track record as a malcontent. Demar is captain Canada, from Compton to your city, #10....

I never thought I would have said that even a year ago. But I'm not swapping out derozan for George.
                            Yeah, but George in our system could be lights out. Lowry, OG, George, Ibaka, JV.. how good would that be defensively?

Comment

• Lillard has never really played in a defensive system. Maybe it's just a matter of breaking old habits, and he becomes a respectable defender under Casey.

DeRozan doesn't seem to have the innate instincts to be a good defender.

Comment

100% DeRozan/Lillard
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X