Everything 2018 Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Watching the Celtics/Sixers game. This is how you compete in the playoffs. Lowry and DeRozan could learn a lot from all the 20-22 year old players that played in this game. Those guys have more heart than Lowry and DeRozan combined.
    Lowry did play with heart this year, but not consistently. Game 3, he was heroic in the loss, especially in the 4th quarter. But the problem with Kyle is that he looses his composure quickly and turns on his own team/coach when things aren't going our way. Bad temperment for a leader. Demar was just spaced out the whole series.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Lowry did play with heart this year, but not consistently. Game 3, he was heroic in the loss, especially in the 4th quarter. But the problem with Kyle is that he looses his composure quickly and turns on his own team/coach when things aren't going our way. Bad temperment for a leader. Demar was just spaced out the whole series.
        I think we just see the limits of Lowry's talent. He's a very good player, impactful beyond what someone looking at a surface level/first impression sees, but he's not going to dominate a game for 30 minutes straight against almost any opponent. The guys capable of that are the freak athletes that drive entire drafts. Lowry is almost always effective when he's on the floor and he can take over segments of games for a few minutes. I don't think it's a knock on his mentality or him as a player, it's just the ceiling of his impact.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          I think we just see the limits of Lowry's talent. He's a very good player, impactful beyond what someone looking at a surface level/first impression sees, but he's not going to dominate a game for 30 minutes straight against almost any opponent. The guys capable of that are the freak athletes that drive entire drafts. Lowry is almost always effective when he's on the floor and he can take over segments of games for a few minutes. I don't think it's a knock on his mentality or him as a player, it's just the ceiling of his impact.
          Which is why, while trading DeRozan for different pieces might make the overall basketball nicer, it won't raise the ceiling of the team. You need a guy who can take over for multiple entire games and truly dominate to win it all in this league 99% of the time.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I don't care, Boston sucks

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              I don't care, Boston sucks
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Celtics: We're not the Toronto Raptors

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  don't be a snake

Comment

Watching the Celtics/Sixers game. This is how you compete in the playoffs. Lowry and DeRozan could learn a lot from all the 20-22 year old players that played in this game. Those guys have more heart than Lowry and DeRozan combined.
                    The Sixers were playing against a team who's best player is Al Horford and gives significant minutes to Shane Larkin and won exactly 1 more game than the Raptors did. This seems like a bad time to be commending them for how they compete in the playoffs.
                    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                      The Sixers were playing against a team who's best player is Al Horford and gives significant minutes to Shane Larkin and won exactly 1 more game than the Raptors did. This seems like a bad time to be commending them for how they compete in the playoffs.
                      Thats more on how good of a coach Brad Stevens to get this group of guys to compete every night and play well. Don’t forget Sixers came into the Playoffs with a large winstreak.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Don’t forget Sixers came into the Playoffs with a large winstreak.
                        Wait, I thought regular season meant nothing.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          I watched all the games. Embiid, Simmons, Saric and all those guys competed from game 1 to game 5. Those young Sixers players have a ton of heart.

The Raptors on the other hand embarassed themselves once again by QUITTING after game 1.

Competing doesn't equal to winning. At least the Sixers tried though. They just lost to a better team. The Raptors on the other hand didn't even try aftrer game 1. Bunch of quitters and mental midgets.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I watched all the games. Embiid, Simmons, Saric and all those guys competed from game 1 to game 5. Those young Sixers players have a ton of heart.

The Raptors on the other hand embarassed themselves once again by QUITTING after game 1.

Competing doesn't equal to winning. At least the Sixers tried though. They just lost to a better team. The Raptors on the other hand didn't even try aftrer game 1. Bunch of quitters and mental midgets.
                            We get it. You and shaolin should just copy and paste your previous posts instead of re writing them.

Comment

• Fun stat:

Aron Baynes 3PM/3PA

Career, regular season: 4/28

2018 regular season: 3/21

2018 playoffs: 9/19
                              Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu May 10, 2018, 05:39 PM. Reason: idiot keyboarding
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• And along those lines: JV's 3PAs disappearing in the playoffs was bad.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X