Game Thread Starters: Playoff Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Thread Starters: Playoff Rotation

OK, quick post to have a quick decision on who starts the game threads for at least the first round of the playoffs. We can also discuss in here if we should do this like a hockey shootout, where everyone gets only one turn (ie once you lose you are done) or if we want to keep reusing a set rotation of the top game thread makers. But on to the content!

Game Thread Starter | Wins | Losses | Win%
    DanH 13-2 87%
    planetmars 6-1 86%
    Scraptor 4-1 80%
    Zainab 8-2 80%
    Goldblum 4-1 80%
    007 9-3 75%
    Shaolin 2-1 67%
    Cody73 2-1 67%
    consmap 7-4 64%
    Demo Shift 1-1 50%
    Maury 2-2 50%
    Abbas 1-2 33%
    tdotted 0-2 0%

Three options to my mind. There's a clear top 5 there, with a virtual tie for 3rd. So it would go me, planetmars, then whoever is quickest with the trigger between Scraptor, Zainab and Goldblum. And the same for after a potential 3rd loss (whoever is quicker of the two who didn't get the first crack at it). Then the last of the three, then back to the top of the order if need be.

There's also the set that's above .500, which adds 007, Shaolin, Cody and consmap to the roster. So if we manage to get deep enough into the playoffs where we keep playing after a 5th loss, they would jump in, before we go back to the top of the order.

Then there's the shootout option, where we just roll down the list, and if we somehow manage to run out of options then anyone can toss their hat in the ring.

Of course, we could also decide not to go in order.

Anyway, that's the point of this thread, to get a quick temperature of posters on what our strategy will be, because as we know our actions here are the only reason the Raptors win or lose so we'd better get this right.
    Cream of the Crop, Top 5 Posters Only
    71.43%
    Winners Only, Above .500 Posters
    14.29%
    Anyone Who Showed Up, in Order of Win Percentage
    7.14%
    Chaos - Utter, Total Chaos. Who Cares, They Are Going To Lose Game 1 Anyway!
    7.14%

The poll is expired.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

I think I'm going to go ahead and do the Game 1 thread myself in a fit of ego, just so discussion can get started.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If this helps... we faced Washington 4 times this season.. Lost twice, but won twice.

Here were the game makers for those games:

Game 9: Demographic Shift - LOSS
      Game 16: Scraptor - WIN
      Game 50: Cody73 - LOSS
      Game 61: DanH - WIN

I vote DanH for the first thread.. Has the best record overall, and has beaten Washington. Seems like the most logical choice.

Comment

I voted for the cream of the crop. Lets not waste time messing around.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          If this helps... we faced Washington 4 times this season.. Lost twice, but won twice.

Here were the game makers for those games:

Game 9: Demographic Shift - LOSS
          Game 16: Scraptor - WIN
          Game 50: Cody73 - LOSS
          Game 61: DanH - WIN

I vote DanH for the first thread.. Has the best record overall, and has beaten Washington. Seems like the most logical choice.
          No surprise two of the top 5 got us those wins.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

First off this is some high-quality content.

I'd say Zainab deserves to go ahead of me and Goldblum because she delivered 8 wins on an 80% win rate. I'd throw 007 and Consmap into the top 7 simply for having done 10+ threads each on a winning percentage.

But if others are itching to do some game threads too, maybe after the top 7 see who volunteers and decide it by win %? Or do we just keep a short rotation for the playoffs? Because if we make it past seven we're into the ECF and we should maybe stick with what's working.

Comment

No hard feelings people, but rotations are always cut short in the playoffs.

Top 5 only.

Comment

Surprised that Joey and Jclaw didn't create threads this year. They were our hero's last year. If we need a pinch batter I vote for one of these guys.

Comment

Tight rotation no question. Thread starters gotta stay alert for when their name is called too. I remember Dan and Zainab streaks vividly, wouldn't be bad to have them lead off. Scraptor has always been consistent through the years. GOLDBLUM brought the late heat to say the least and throws a nice change of pace at the opposition, so it's gotta be 5 man. planetmars is the Tim Duncan of game threads. No posters, no commercials, no screaming fans, just quietly comes in and gets it done.

4 guys. 1 girl. 16 wins. #WeTheRepublic
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

All I ask is no Abbas.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                      All I ask is no Abbas.
                      Give us Barabbas
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 12, 2018, 04:42 PM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                        All I ask is no Abbas.
                        I thought we dealt Abbas to Sacramento with Bruno
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Here is my preferred order:

DanH
                          Scraptor
                          Zainab
                          Planetmars
                          Goldblum

Then we can rotate back to DanH at that point or look for Joey or Jclaw to come in and give us something fresh off the bench.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Here is my preferred order:

DanH
                            Scraptor
                            Zainab
                            Planetmars
                            Goldblum

Then we can rotate back to DanH at that point or look for Joey or Jclaw to come in and give us something fresh off the bench.
                            This is excellent. GOLDBLUM might get an aneurysm writing a series close out game thread, but I'm willing to take that risk.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I’m just worried that Abbas will jump in and start a thread without the permission of the republic.

Comment

Working...
                              X