Game Thread Starters: Playoff Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maury wrote: View Post
    I agree but deleting game threads is risky business. I’m on the fence about it.
    If everybody just sticks to the plan and doesn't fffFREAK OUT, nobody will have to be deleted.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      OK, quick post to have a quick decision on who starts the game threads for at least the first round of the playoffs. We can also discuss in here if we should do this like a hockey shootout, where everyone gets only one turn (ie once you lose you are done) or if we want to keep reusing a set rotation of the top game thread makers. But on to the content!

Game Thread Starter | Wins | Losses | Win%
      DanH 13-2 87%
      planetmars 6-1 86%
      Scraptor 4-1 80%
      Zainab 8-2 80%
      Goldblum 4-1 80%
      007 9-3 75%
      Shaolin 2-1 67%
      Cody73 2-1 67%
      consmap 7-4 64%
      Demo Shift 1-1 50%
      Maury 2-2 50%
      Abbas 1-2 33%
      tdotted 0-2 0%

Three options to my mind. There's a clear top 5 there, with a virtual tie for 3rd. So it would go me, planetmars, then whoever is quickest with the trigger between Scraptor, Zainab and Goldblum. And the same for after a potential 3rd loss (whoever is quicker of the two who didn't get the first crack at it). Then the last of the three, then back to the top of the order if need be.

There's also the set that's above .500, which adds 007, Shaolin, Cody and consmap to the roster. So if we manage to get deep enough into the playoffs where we keep playing after a 5th loss, they would jump in, before we go back to the top of the order.

Then there's the shootout option, where we just roll down the list, and if we somehow manage to run out of options then anyone can toss their hat in the ring.

Of course, we could also decide not to go in order.

Anyway, that's the point of this thread, to get a quick temperature of posters on what our strategy will be, because as we know our actions here are the only reason the Raptors win or lose so we'd better get this right.
      Just go with the top 5.

DanH
      planetmars
      Scraptor
      Zainab
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Just go with the top 5.

DanH
        planetmars
        Scraptor
        Zainab
        You missed Goldblum

Comment

And I know it was on purpose but Goldblum is the perfect poster to come in off of a tough loss.

Comment

Just go with the top 5.

DanH
            planetmars
            Scraptor
            Zainab
            Also don't mind Joey or JClaw to start a thread after a loss. They had a pretty good win/loss record last year.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
              You missed Goldblum
              T Rex likes it clean

Comment

not sure what all the fuss is about...we only need one thread starter

Comment

I think I'm going to go ahead and do the Game 1 thread myself in a fit of ego, just so discussion can get started.
                  It should be me.

Clearly.

But I refuse. You're on your own!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    T Rex likes it clean

He must have loved my game threads then

Comment

OK, quick post to have a quick decision on who starts the game threads for at least the first round of the playoffs. We can also discuss in here if we should do this like a hockey shootout, where everyone gets only one turn (ie once you lose you are done) or if we want to keep reusing a set rotation of the top game thread makers. But on to the content!

Game Thread Starter | Wins | Losses | Win%
                      DanH 13-2 87%
                      planetmars 6-1 86%
                      Scraptor 4-1 80%
                      Zainab 8-2 80%
                      Goldblum 4-1 80%
                      007 9-3 75%
                      Shaolin 2-1 67%
                      Cody73 2-1 67%
                      consmap 7-4 64%
                      Demo Shift 1-1 50%
                      Maury 2-2 50%
                      Abbas 1-2 33%
                      tdotted 0-2 0%

Three options to my mind. There's a clear top 5 there, with a virtual tie for 3rd. So it would go me, planetmars, then whoever is quickest with the trigger between Scraptor, Zainab and Goldblum. And the same for after a potential 3rd loss (whoever is quicker of the two who didn't get the first crack at it). Then the last of the three, then back to the top of the order if need be.

There's also the set that's above .500, which adds 007, Shaolin, Cody and consmap to the roster. So if we manage to get deep enough into the playoffs where we keep playing after a 5th loss, they would jump in, before we go back to the top of the order.

Then there's the shootout option, where we just roll down the list, and if we somehow manage to run out of options then anyone can toss their hat in the ring.

Of course, we could also decide not to go in order.

Anyway, that's the point of this thread, to get a quick temperature of posters on what our strategy will be, because as we know our actions here are the only reason the Raptors win or lose so we'd better get this right.
                      This team is Deeeeeeeep. But hey, Dan's gonna go fo-fo-fo-fo and we won't even need to think about this.

Comment

Also don't mind Joey or JClaw to start a thread after a loss. They had a pretty good win/loss record last year.
                        Great regular season posters and all, but ...... their style of game thread just wasn't getting it done in the playoffs. #CultureReset

Comment

I like Goldblum for the 4th slot, he seems like the kind of eccentric good luck charm we'll need if this goes seven. I'll go last out of the starting five.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            I like Goldblum for the 4th slot, he seems like the kind of eccentric good luck charm we'll need if this goes seven. I'll go last out of the starting five.
                            Look at Scraptor stepping up into that thankless 5th starter role. Kudos.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Look at Scraptor stepping up into that thankless 5th starter role. Kudos.
                              Role players stepping up will be crucial

Comment

should go top 6 here folks, gotta give 007 a shot at 9-3 for the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X