No announcement yet.

Game Thread Starters: Playoff Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for a top 5 rotation, starters only. Let's Thibs these posters into the ground.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
      I’m just worried that Abbas will jump in and start a thread without the permission of the republic.
      Don't you guys worry about Abbas. I'll take care of it.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I’m just worried that Abbas will jump in and start a thread without the permission of the republic.
        If I were ever to lobby for mod responsibilities it would literally just to be able to ban Abbas and delete his thread in such a scenario.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Don't you guys worry about Abbas. I'll take care of it.

I thought you were in Lebron’s closer right now.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            This is excellent. GOLDBLUM might get an aneurysm writing a series close out game thread, but I'm willing to take that risk.
            Keep in mind, the 4th slot is who gets the game 7. 5th poster can only get a shot in the 2nd round at earliest, because there have to be 4 losses to get to them.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I thought you were in Lebron’s closer right now.
              It's called multi tasking

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Keep in mind, the 4th slot is who gets the game 7. 5th poster can only get a shot in the 2nd round at earliest, because there have to be 4 losses to get to them.
                Very true Dan I hadn't considered that. I don't know if the order should be quite set in stone yet. Like, if we're facing elimination (ESPECIALLY down in a series) I think we have to send GOLDBLUM our resident Kamikaze pilot in with machine guns. But if we just need a steady hand to close it out, make the metaphorical short putt on the 18th, I think we need planetmars to come in and handle business.

Comment

It's called multi tasking

Multi tasking is hard

Comment

Very true Dan I hadn't considered that. I don't know if the order should be quite set in stone yet. Like, if we're facing elimination (ESPECIALLY down in a series) I think we have to send GOLDBLUM our resident Kamikaze pilot in with machine guns. But if we just need a steady hand to close it out, make the metaphorical short putt on the 18th, I think we need planetmars to come in and handle business.
                    Well, thread starters change after losses. So, these are the scenarios for round one.

DanH: WWWW -> I like this scenario
                    DanH: WWWL -> planetmars: W
                    DanH: WWWL -> planetmars: L -> Zainab: W
                    DanH: WWWL -> planetmars: L -> Zainab: L -> Game 7

The number of wins each person gets is actually irrelevant. The number of losses control the starter. So an elimination game will be the 4th option.

That fits with our current breakdown if we slot Goldblum ahead of Scraptor. But you are right - as long as we settle on the pool we are drawing from, that does leave us three options at 80% win % we can slide in late in the series if it gets to that point.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Surprised that Joey and Jclaw didn't create threads this year. They were our hero's last year. If we need a pinch batter I vote for one of these guys.
                      Thanks for the shout out. Was very happy with the thread starters this year so I didn't step in. If the time comes where something new is needed, you can count on me.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Thanks for the shout out. Was very happy with the thread starters this year so I didn't step in. If the time comes where something new is needed, you can count on me.
                        You are 2016 Norman Powell. Stay ready

Comment

Imma be ready if we make the NBA Finals with a reverse jinx game thread. Leggo.

Comment

Love and respect to all the great thread-makers throughout the season.
                            Nice job taking the bull by the horns Dan.
                            Definitely agree Zainab should start third.
                            I'm super cool with being a game-time decision whenever called upon,
                            between me or Scraptor or whoever else if need be.
                            Maybe there can be some convo about that when the moment presents itself,
                            or Scraptor and I can figure it out when the time comes. I'm easy.

I'm going against the grain slightly here though, I don't think the Raps should shorten their bench in the playoffs and neither should we. Too much good work from 007, Consmap, et all. (with an additional thumbs up to the addition of Joey and JClaw)

Lastly, I fully agree with Dan and maybe we need a separate poll to make the mods agree to such a thing... I think we should delete any thread that hops in out of nowhere to eff shit up, as was the case last year. Bad juju. This year's Raps are holding their stars accountable, let's hold our playoff gamethread-makers accountable.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              Love and respect to all the great thread-makers throughout the season.
                              Nice job taking the bull by the horns Dan.
                              Definitely agree Zainab should start third.
                              I'm super cool with being a game-time decision whenever called upon,
                              between me or Scraptor or whoever else if need be.
                              Maybe there can be some convo about that when the moment presents itself,
                              or Scraptor and I can figure it out when the time comes. I'm easy.

I'm going against the grain slightly here though, I don't think the Raps should shorten their bench in the playoffs and neither should we. Too much good work from 007, Consmap, et all. (with an additional thumbs up to the addition of Joey and JClaw)

Lastly, I fully agree with Dan and maybe we need a separate poll to make the mods agree to such a thing... I think we should delete any thread that hops in out of nowhere to eff shit up, as was the case last year. Bad juju. This year's Raps are holding their stars accountable, let's hold our playoff gamethread-makers accountable.
                              I agree but deleting game threads is risky business. I’m on the fence about it.

Comment

I will always be ready if called upon, but I agree that we should roll with our strong top 5
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X