Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 1: Washington Wizards 106 - Toronto Raptors 114 (TOR 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibaka was a beast

And Wright was just so compose for a bench player.

Comment

• Will admit that I got a bit nervous there in the 3rd quarter. But we finally did it! And Serge gets 2 full days to rest up for Tuesday. Hopefully we'll have Fred back by then too.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Was never in doubt.

Comment

• FVV coming back should make this team better, so nothing to worry about.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            Big thank you to John Wall for shooting 6-20 tonight
            Delon's defense in the 4th. Give him a lot of credit for that.

Comment

• Bench looked like baby deer out there in the second, but really pulled it together in the second half to break the Game 1 curse!!!

Comment

• Hopefully we'll have a good set of refs for game 2. Tony Brothers is such a clown. Who calls a lane violation?

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Was never worried. Just like much of this season, Lowry and Derozan turn up the aggressiveness in the second half, bench steps up and locks in, Casey finds a lineup that Wizards had no idea how to deal with. Textbook 2018 Raptors win.
                  Was never worried? There was lots to be worried about in the first three quarters.

Great win but we aren't going to have the luxury to play this sloppy and expect to go deep in the playoffs.

Comment

• Once again... Fuck Paul Pierce

Comment

• To people who said depth doesn't matter in the playoffs: Yes it does, for a number of reasons -

1. Wizards were gased (mainly Wall) because they lack depth.

2. You can't play everyone and hopefully Casey will not try the full hockey substitution anymore, but you can change your lineup to give different looks. Loved bringing Bebe in and his length seemed to affect the Wizards.

3. You find players who are ready to step up aka Delon Wright. I am pretty confident with him moving forward as a starter in the future. He can really fill up the box score with pts, assists, reb, blocks and steals. Also he has no fear.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        Big thank you to John Wall for shooting 6-20 tonight
                        Wonder if ESPN will spend half the show talking about wall and beal chocking like they would if the raps lost. Something tells me they wont and give credit to the wiz for forcing a tough game
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Hopefully we'll have a good set of refs for game 2. Tony Brothers is such a clown. Who calls a lane violation?
                          For what its worth - I thought Brothers wasn't as shitty as his usual self.

Comment

• What I like about this game is the head games Casey played with Wizards coach. I mean, he can not figure out which player hurt him most.Now when Brooks watches the tape for this game, he would be really unable to put a solid plan for this series.
                            Casey went big sometimes, then went small, some bench players played long minutes, a guy like Bebe closed the game.
                            In brief, he is gonna have his hands full.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                              What I like about this game is the head games Casey played with Wizards coach. I mean, he can not figure out which player hurt him most.Now when Brooks watches the tape for this game, he would be really unable to put a solid plan for this series.
                              Casey went big sometimes, then went small, some bench players played long minutes, a guy like Bebe closed the game.
                              In brief, he is gonna have his hands full.
                              Who would've thought (few years ago) that Casey could toy with his opponents.

Comment

• Yeah, as Raptors playoff games go, reffing was pretty-much a non-factor in this one. My complaint about Brothers is that he tends to call a lot of iffy, game-on-the-line calls, but here they largely put the whistles away down the stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X