Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 1: Washington Wizards 106 - Toronto Raptors 114 (TOR 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    To people who said depth doesn't matter in the playoffs: Yes it does, for a number of reasons -

1. Wizards were gased (mainly Wall) because they lack depth.

2. You can't play everyone and hopefully Casey will not try the full hockey substitution anymore, but you can change your lineup to give different looks. Loved bringing Bebe in and his length seemed to affect the Wizards.

3. You find players who are ready to step up aka Delon Wright. I am pretty confident with him moving forward as a starter in the future. He can really fill up the box score with pts, assists, reb, blocks and steals. Also he has no fear.
    Like I said before, Wizards are gonna need Wall to play 48 mins for them to have a chance. Raptors have enough depth to rest their star players.

Comment

• Great game
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Let’s go heat!

Comment

• I thought it was a fairly called game on both sides especially with Scott Foster and Tony Brothers officiating.

Hopefully both Derozan and Lowry can settle down and just fucking start the game like all stars.

Pass, shoot three and defend

Comment

• I love a well-rested Ibaka if he can keep this up idgaf back the regular season, he'll live up to the contract
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• I thought the Wizards best players were Morris and Scott. Which is probably why we won. Would like to see Ibaka do a better job on Morris though next time. He was getting a lot of easy/good looks. Scott's just a tough guy to get a handle on. He's very sneaky on offense, and can shoot from 3.

Comment

For what its worth - I thought Brothers wasn't as shitty as his usual self.
                Other than the basket interference call there are no zebra fingerprints on this game.....The Raps survived The Tony and Scott show and are unlikely to see them again this series. MARC Davis still looms large... and I don’t know if Holtcamp will even get a game in the post season....

One down...15 to go....

Here we go.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Kudos to Bebe and Serge for their rim protection in the 4th quarter. Both did an amazing job.

That was a game to forget for Jonas. That was the Jonas most of us wanted dealt last summer.

Comment

• Overall a good game. There were some jitters in the 2nd quarter (the bench mob was nervous), besides that we won all 3 other quarters. Offense was looking good which was my main concern, the defense was great besides the 2nd quarter.

Breathe a sigh of relief, it was a solid game.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                      I need a cigarette
                      Me too and I quit Last year.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Like I said before, Wizards are gonna need Wall to play 48 mins for them to have a chance. Raptors have enough depth to rest their star players.
                        Yeah, that's why turnovers, rebounding, pushing the tempo are such a huge factor. Wall's on his best when he can conserve his energy. If we can make him run the whole time he's out there, it totally takes him out of his game.

Comment

• I hate how Lowry checked on Morris after he went down....

We need killers who are ready to "bruce bowen" Morris on the next play.

Comment

I hate how Lowry checked on Morris after he went down....

We need killers who are ready to "bruce bowen" Morris on the next play.
                            I agree but that's today's league. Whenever they showed him and Wall having a laugh together I was furious. I don't care if my brother was on the other team his ass is getting knocked down until there's 0:00 left. I'll check on him after.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Big thank you to John Wall for shooting 6-20 tonight
                              Also a big thank you to Mike Scott for that dumbass flagrant. That plus the Bebe substitution really swung the momentum
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Great Game. good guys win. Delon played huge.

to be honest I think the reffing was pretty even this game. There was a point on the broadcast that clearly showed a loose ball go off Ibaka's knee and out of bounds when they reversed the call and the fans continued on with the refs you suck bit. pretty hilarious but a bad look for us ! Save that sh$t for when its actually needed.
                                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                                X