Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 1: Washington Wizards 106 - Toronto Raptors 114 (TOR 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win. Lowry, Delon, Serge, OG, Bebe all great. JV was hot and cold defensively, solid offensively throughout, DeMar mostly invisible. Miles hit his shots but was also mostly bad defensively (a couple of nice plays though, one amazing one where he stayed in front of Beal). Still, that's all we want from him.

Casey got a bunch of small decisions wrong, but the big one right (going to Bebe after Poeltl was having a rough night, and riding it when it worked).

On to the next.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
      This Raptors board is saying hi to Paul Pierce.
      Pierce's whole schtick about the playoffs being "all about your stars" is basically just a low-key way to pat himself on the back. The bench + Ibaka, OG & JV early won this game for the Raps. That doesn't fit the Truth's narrative.

Comment

• At the end of the day; great win and great start to the series. DD is still a bit of a concern for me but a W is all that mattered.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Lowry and DeMar really have to play better though.
          Lowry was amazing.

DeMar was bad though. That's a good sign - lots of upside if he plays up to standards - or at the very least, shows that if the Wizards will sell out to take him out of the game, we can punish them for that.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I thought Derozan played more relaxed than Lowry, although Lowry performed well in the 4th. Derozan made good pass after good pass.

Comment

• Man I gotta say, if you're an opposing guard who likes to drive, and you see Ibaka + Bebe protecting the rim, you're gonna sweat. Especially if you're were not expecting or game planning for that at all. That's some elite rim protection.

Won't work every night, nothing does, but combine that with some hard-nosed, screen-fighting perimeter defence and you'll really putting the other team in hot water to score. It will probably be adjusted against, but that 4th quarter D was a thing of beauty.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Lowry was amazing.

DeMar was bad though. That's a good sign - lots of upside if he plays up to standards - or at the very least, shows that if the Wizards will sell out to take him out of the game, we can punish them for that.
                Ah, c'mon Dan. I know you're a huge Lowry fan, but he wasn't amazing. He was okay... just okay. And he completely sucked in the first half, but recovered with the bench unit where he was bailed out by Delon and Bebe. But hey, let's not quibble over a win.

Keep it going, bruh.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23176181

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Ah, c'mon Dan. I know you're a huge Lowry fan, but he wasn't amazing. He was okay... just okay. And he completely sucked in the first half, but recovered with the bench unit where he was bailed out by Delon and Bebe. But hey, let's not quibble over a win.

Keep it going, bruh.
                    Lowry and DeMar were both passive in the first half, but even then Lowry was making good things happen. In the second half he was everywhere.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Heat up by 4 at the half over Philly

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Heat up by 4 at the half over Philly
                        Philly better hope Embiid gets back soon because Ben Simmons' lack of a jump shot is the type of weakness that will eventually get exposed in a playoff series.

Comment

• Ibaka answering in 3 different languages
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Lowry was amazing.

You've got to be kidding me man.

Comment

• Great win. Perhaps best of all, we beat them up, Wall most of all.

Comment

• I don't know why so many people are mad at Dan for saying Lowry was amazing. He was. His defense in the second half was a huge part of what won the game.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X