Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 1: Washington Wizards 106 - Toronto Raptors 114 (TOR 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap wrote: View Post
    I'm happy to see that RR still finds something to argue about even after winning our first Game 1 in a hell of a long time
    Didn't have to be an argument. All I said was that DeMar and Kyle need to play better (they do, especially DeMar, both were really bad in the first half).

If they actually play their best for 4 quarters Washington will not be competitive in any of the remaining games in this series. I want us to sweep them.

Comment

• SI was big

His 3 language presser was awesome too

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I thought his play was amazing down the stretch when it mattered. Fair enough I may have exaggerated his overall amazingness.

But anyone disappointed in his performance tonight or who would describe it as "OK" (or worse, somehow?) needs to watch that game again. He was really good overall and amazing down the stretch. Reminds me of the moronic takes in 15-16 about Lowry being terrible since he couldn't hit a shot, despite every iota of success the Raptors had leading straight back to him even with the poor shooting.

Don't be daft pointing at single game net rating and pretending that's what I was doing. I was commenting on Lowry providing what the team needed on both ends based on how the Wizards were playing.
        All I said is that they need to play better. I'd rather Lowry play his best on both ends and actually do it for the whole game not just parts of it. That's what you want from your best players. And guess what that's what we're going to NEED next round.

The performance today won't cut it against Cleveland. I'm thinking big picture here.

Comment

• Stars of the game go to Ibaka and Bebe.

Ibaka was the only real consistent player all game. Bebe really gave us that defensive push when he came on and helped stoke the Raps to the next level.

I hope Bebe sees more mins, seems like he can contain Gortat. Poeltl has been a great player for us all year but it seems like he may not see as many minutes this series and thats ok.

Comment

• Yeah, Serge was great. As were Delon and OG.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              All I said is that they need to play better. I'd rather Lowry play his best on both ends and actually do it for the whole game not just parts of it. That's what you want from your best players. And guess what that's what we're going to NEED next round.

The performance today won't cut it against Cleveland. I'm thinking big picture here.
              Well it was fine against Wizards. We're not playing the Cavs. Ibaka, Wright and Miles took over the scoring for the night, Lowry and DD will get their time when it comes.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Yes, if Lowry does what he did tonight and provides exactly what the team needs, that will be good. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that what the Raptors need from each player is the same against every opponent. Lowry will need to score like a star against Cleveland. Against the Wizards he needed to make plays and provide a defensive backbone and he did both things very well.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• one down, 15 to go

Comment

• Couple of observations from being at the game tonight. The energy was dead for the 90% of the game. But that was just because people were sitting on their hands to prevent biting off all their nails. There were some crazy nervous vibes. On a basketball related note, I haven’t seen it mentioned so far but the raps were excellent in getting back in transition. They closed off almost every breakout play. There’s plenty of people here who have never experienced a game one win. Enjoy it for a day.

Comment

• It's absolutely unfair that the Sixers got Belinelli and Ilyasova for nothing.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• That 4th quarter was gorgeous. I feel like Casey has a few more lineup tricks up his sleeve.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                          Its a great bet....
                          Hope you didn’t put too much on Wiz +7.5.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Couple of observations from being at the game tonight. The energy was dead for the 90% of the game. But that was just because people were sitting on their hands to prevent biting off all their nails. There were some crazy nervous vibes. On a basketball related note, I haven’t seen it mentioned so far but the raps were excellent in getting back in transition. They closed off almost every breakout play. There’s plenty of people here who have never experienced a game one win. Enjoy it for a day.
                            Getting the monkey off our back was huge. It sets the tone for the entire playoffs, because if we'd lost again I could hear the whole NBA world saying "Here we go again."

The win shows that this time can be different.

Comment

• real happy they won but a little concerned it took a 16 for 30 performance from 3 to squeak one out at home, as that might be the best shooting we can expect to see all playoffs

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Getting the monkey off our back was huge. It sets the tone for the entire playoffs, because if we'd lost again I could hear the whole NBA world saying "Here we go again."

The win shows that this time can be different.
                                And the difference is the way the defence can clamp down. Lowry and DD don't need to combine for 60 points. They don't need to score 120. They need to play defence like they did in the 4th.

I didn't realize they had the best 4th quarter pts against + FG% against in the league this year.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X