Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 2: Washington Wizards 119 - Toronto Raptors 130 (TOR 2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    He's injured. Tried to go but they pulled him quick. Obviously, the injury is worse than they are saying publicly.
    I mean hard to say really, he missed the rim to the right on a three. Had a turnover, looked out of sorts. Could’ve just been rust or the nerves of his first playoff appearance, or just flat out off-luck. He barely got the opportunity to try anything. Fact was, we didn’t need him tonight in the slightest tonight. I commend Casey for giving him the quick hook. Someone was saying earlier on they felt we should’ve left him in to find his rhythm. To me though, Fred doesn’t find his rhythm -- he is rhythm. Pretty much every game the whole year he came in and made an instant and assured impact. Case gave him a shot, he didn’t have it right away. He was sent back to get the extra rest he may still need. Anyhow, I’m not worried about Fred. When the time is right, and I trust it won’t be long, he’ll come in and make the splash he deserves to make. Look the fuck out for Bench Mob in full when that moment comes.

Comment

• A few franchise records broken or tied on this game. One that's a bit under the radar:

Ibaka was +32 on this game, the highest +/- of a Raptor in a playoff game ever.

Things can change very quickly, especially on the road, but these past two games have been among his best games this year.

Comment

• The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• That is performance

Comment

• In case you missed it, here's a recap of last night's game against the Wiz:

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
              waaahh-waahh-wahhh, Derozan needs to be more aggressive waah-waaah-wahh, Ibaka is too old, can't do anything buaahh buaahh

Oh wait, I was looking for the "overreacting complainers thread", sorry, my bad
              That was the middle of the game on this thread

Comment

• I thought the defense of Serge on Morris was exceptional.

This dude when well rested is a beast. Let’s see what he does on a three day rest playing on the road.

In Serge, we believe.

Comment

• Finally watched this one cause I was asleep when it was on. WOOOO!
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    Nuts

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      I mean hard to say really, he missed the rim to the right on a three. Had a turnover, looked out of sorts. Could’ve just been rust or the nerves of his first playoff appearance, or just flat out off-luck. He barely got the opportunity to try anything. Fact was, we didn’t need him tonight in the slightest tonight. I commend Casey for giving him the quick hook. Someone was saying earlier on they felt we should’ve left him in to find his rhythm. To me though, Fred doesn’t find his rhythm -- he is rhythm. Pretty much every game the whole year he came in and made an instant and assured impact. Case gave him a shot, he didn’t have it right away. He was sent back to get the extra rest he may still need. Anyhow, I’m not worried about Fred. When the time is right, and I trust it won’t be long, he’ll come in and make the splash he deserves to make. Look the fuck out for Bench Mob in full when that moment comes.
                      Also this may be a blessing in disguise as Delon as really found his confidence again with Fred out and is as aggressive as he was at the beginning of the season.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• The new system was on full display yesterday and the the Wiz had no answers. Great that the opposing team has to adjust to what the Raps are doing for a change.

I was really impressed with how well the Raptors were able to take Beal and Porter out of the game. Gortat seemed to take himself out of the game.

JV was a beast all game and the offence is on fire when DeMar is looking for him. Lowry controlled the tempo all night, his motor is ridiculous. The first two games of the playoffs have really been a coming out party for Delon. The way he plays the passing lanes, on the ball defence and poise when playing along with the starters is fantastic. Same with OG, these kids are not afraid of the big stage. I'd complain that OG should get more minutes but he'll need to be fresh for later rounds and the way the team is rolling, it's good to spread the minutes around and keep everyone in rhythm. Ibaka is playing like he did when he first got traded to Toronto. Lots of energy and toughness. Miles, in these playoffs has been about as automatic as I can remember a Raptors shooter ever being. Really great weapon. DeMar in these playoffs has been exceptional at picking his spots. Nothing seems forced, he's creating for his teammates, really opening up his game.

Comment

• I knew Washington was going to come back. The Raptors had slowed their roll a bit in the 3rd/4th quarters. I didn't like the bench's bench getting so much run. It's the playoffs... with 2-3 days rest between games.. why the need to play everyone? I mean Bebe deserved a few minutes because of how well he played on Saturday.. but he was awful last night. Powell still gives us nothing. Brown is really bad.. sure he hit a 3, but I mean why was he on the court?

JV was awesome.. the Wizards had no answer for him. Especially when they went small. Gortat is seriously entering washed up territory. What can I say about DeMar.. 3 threes.. 6 attempts, 37 points. DD played like a super star last night. Serge was still good.. love "good" Serge. Lowry kept doing his thing (14 assists). OG was fantastic early on. Wish he played more, but I'll get that wish answered next season. Delon again was great. He's just so fun to watch defensively.

Game ball definitely goes to DeMar though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I knew Washington was going to come back. The Raptors had slowed their roll a bit in the 3rd/4th quarters. I didn't like the bench's bench getting so much run. It's the playoffs... with 2-3 days rest between games.. why the need to play everyone? I mean Bebe deserved a few minutes because of how well he played on Saturday.. but he was awful last night. Powell still gives us nothing. Brown is really bad.. sure he hit a 3, but I mean why was he on the court?

JV was awesome.. the Wizards had no answer for him. Especially when they went small. Gortat is seriously entering washed up territory. What can I say about DeMar.. 3 threes.. 6 attempts, 37 points. DD played like a super star last night. Serge was still good.. love "good" Serge. Lowry kept doing his thing (14 assists). OG was fantastic early on. Wish he played more, but I'll get that wish answered next season. Delon again was great. He's just so fun to watch defensively.

Game ball definitely goes to DeMar though.
                            The lead was cut to 5 with Casey rolling with an all-bench lineup for the first 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. Playing with fire, if you ask me.

Comment

• Playoffs! Round 1, Game 2: Wizards @ Raptors, Tuesday April 17, 7PM, TSN

007 wrote: View Post
                              With Lowry, DeRozan and Ibaka on the floor tonight the Raptors had a 140.6 offensive rating and 92.6 defensive rating— Darryl Blackport (@bballport) April 18, 2018
                              This team will go far with their big 3 playing like a big 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by A.I; Wed Apr 18, 2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• More praise from the enemy, lol.

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2018/...yoffs#comments

Comment

Working...
                                X