Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 2: Washington Wizards 119 - Toronto Raptors 130 (TOR 2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Look at it from a different perspective...Jordan...Magic...Kobe...they have a star power that doesn't fade when it comes to merchandise.
    I wonder what % of Bulls jerseys sold last had #23 on the back.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Keys to game 2? Before the first game, I noted three things: turnovers (meh), free throws (meh) and containing Wall. Despite the numbers, I thought they did a decent job on Wall but weren't so strong on the other two issues. Raps were also right on their seasonal Pace number at ~97 but I thought they played a little slow, particularly in that second quarter. Raps also got a lot of good looks and shot the lights out from beyond the arc, which took care of some other problems.

I'd look for WSH to exploit the Wall-Morris combination which was effective for them in game 1.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Look at it from a different perspective...Jordan...Magic...Kobe...they have a star power that doesn't fade when it comes to merchandise.
        Raps selling the wrong throwback jerseys. Everyone wants jersey from VC's slam dunk competition.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• It's about popularity + star power. Vince Carter's Raptors jersey was the most popular jersey back in the early 2000's.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I am beginning to hope that the Sixers eat dirt. They've got a nice team and tons of potential and for a while I thought they deserved some good fortune after four years of abject misery....

But their fans are the absolute worst. Maybe worse than Knicks fans, and that's saying something.
            Knicks fans are annoying online but I've been to Yankees, Knicks and Rangers games cheering for other teams and I never had an issue with their fans. I've been to one Sixers game (the famous Carter game 7 miss) and two Phillies games. I will never go back.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              It turned out to be a great move that fans would have been all over as the stupidest choice ever if he had been ineffective
              This move reminds me of P Jackson as a coach. He used to play those kind of mental games with other coaches.

Comment

• The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Just heard the funniest thing in Zach Lowe’s latest podcast with Dan Devine. To paraphrase “about 12 hours after the raps beat the wizards, the cavs got beat badly by the pacers. A mass Espn email went out reminding everyone to make sure their passports were in order. We didn’t get that email last year. We didn’t get it the year before....”. Gold.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    My theory here is there's a good chance of reaggravating if playing with it below 100%..not worth the risk as our backs aren't against then wall. We need the full Freddy experience going forward
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      well that fucking sucks
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Still.. that really sucks considering we had 2 days before the game on Saturday.. and then another 2 days rest before the game today. I mean that's now a full 5 days and he's still not ready for playoff ball.

Fucking Miami.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Still.. that really sucks considering we had 2 days before the game on Saturday.. and then another 2 days rest before the game today. I mean that's now a full 5 days and he's still not ready for playoff ball.

Fucking Miami.
                          I put the blame more on Casey.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Let's hope we get a repeat performance out of Delon again tonight (minus the first quarter jitters).

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Keys to game 2? Before the first game, I noted three things: turnovers (meh), free throws (meh) and containing Wall. Despite the numbers, I thought they did a decent job on Wall but weren't so strong on the other two issues. Raps were also right on their seasonal Pace number at ~97 but I thought they played a little slow, particularly in that second quarter. Raps also got a lot of good looks and shot the lights out from beyond the arc, which took care of some other problems.

I'd look for WSH to exploit the Wall-Morris combination which was effective for them in game 1.
                              I'm curious if Bebe gets an early look or not. Outside of a couple of really early blocks and when Morris basically pushed Poeltl into position to pick up the charge on Wall, Jakob seemed a bit out of place last game.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                I'm curious if Bebe gets an early look or not. Outside of a couple of really early blocks and when Morris basically pushed Poeltl into position to pick up the charge on Wall, Jakob seemed a bit out of place last game.
                                I thought Jonas looked a little lost for a brief few minutes in the 1st half, when Wizards were forced to go small (with both Gortat and Mahinmi in foul trouble). Wonder if we see more small ball from Wiz tonight, and if so, if Casey counters with a little more Bebe.

Comment

Working...
                                X