Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 3: Toronto Raptors 103 - Washington Wizards 122 (TOR 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't really feel like Casey did anything terrible this game. This game was lost by the players and not the coach (and I have been one of Casey's biggest detractors).

Bad decisions, sloppy play, poor defensive tenacity. The only thing I think Casey could've done is tried to staunch the bleeding sooner when the Wizards were going at Jonas hard. But I don't think that would have changed the outcome. We had 7 more turnovers and we allowed them to score 10 more field goals. That's the game.

Freddy is sorely missed on the second unit.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I didn't really feel like Casey did anything terrible this game. This game was lost by the players and not the coach (and I have been one of Casey's biggest detractors).

Bad decisions, sloppy play, poor defensive tenacity. The only thing I think Casey could've done is tried to staunch the bleeding sooner when the Wizards were going at Jonas hard. But I don't think that would have changed the outcome. We had 7 more turnovers and we allowed them to score 10 more field goals. That's the game.

Play Lowry more minutes instead of extended Derozan + Bench minutes is the obvious adjustment. Going up 3-0 on the road was always going to be tough. Raps didn't come out with a defensive mindset.

But I agree that Casey did not lose this game. He just didn't do anything to help us win it either.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        That's twisting a bit there, Demo. Raps aren't in trouble one bit. We had a chance to steal a really hard game to win on the road. But we lost that chance by letting the game get out of hand in the 2nd quarter, and giving life to an opponent who had none. Opportunity lost is all. Raps in 5.
        mmm.. that was complete and abject sarcasm direct at the OP.... The Raps are not in the least bit of trouble....

Chowda's are getting the same treatment the Raps got tonight... a team that got embarrased twice on the road is handing it right back... difference is that the Bucks are a likelable group as opposed to the hot dogging wizards...
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Boston getting slapped makes me feel better
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I didn't really feel like Casey did anything terrible this game. This game was lost by the players and not the coach (and I have been one of Casey's biggest detractors).

Brown becoming a member of the rotation was a problem

Heal up fred
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Casey needs to understand that this is the fucking playoffs. DeRozan and Lowry needs to play more mins specially Lowry because VV is out. They're the stars of the team. Giving Brown any meaningful mins is absurd.

The point of cutting Lowry and DD's mins was to have both of them ready in the playoffs.

Casey i think is more interested in boasting that he has a deep bench. 'Hey i have a deep bench, i'm going to play 13 players tonight'
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Something that has been said by millions of citizens continent wide for a century bears repeating

At least we're not Cleveland

Comment

Play Lowry more minutes instead of extended Derozan + Bench minutes is the obvious adjustment. Going up 3-0 on the road was always going to be tough. Raps didn't come out with a defensive mindset.

But I agree that Casey did not lose this game. He just didn't do anything to help us win it either.
                  Could've also put JV or Ibaka back in fairly quickly for Jak, who is not accomplishing much of anything out there. Also adds range and scoring ability to the bench.

Also in a game where TOs were a concern early, he went to an all-bench unit with a Powell-Wright backcourt. So from that perspective it's actually amazing we didn't see one of DeMar/Lowry in the game at all times, given how paranoid Casey usually is about turnovers.

Look, there are bad things you can say about pretty much every player (except maybe OG), but if Casey had any opportunity to really "win" the game for us, it would have been by making some sort of adjustment in the 1st half during that stretch. He failed big time.

Comment

Lowry played 35... 4-5 more minutes wasn't going to close a 19 point gap. I do agree that Casey didn't help us win it, but we needed better execution, not strategy imo. Giving up 69 points at the half was characteristic of our post all-star break slump, and we can't have that kind of defensive meltdown if we're going to go deep in the playoffs.

Comment

• Welp at least the Celtics are getting railroaded by the Bucks tonight too ...

Comment

Lowry played 35... 4-5 more minutes wasn't going to close a 19 point gap. I do agree that Casey didn't help us win it, but we needed better execution, not strategy imo. Giving up 69 points at the half was characteristic of our post all-star break slump, and we can't have that kind of defensive meltdown if we're going to go deep in the playoffs.
                        Yeah, in the end I think it came down to the Wiz players just simply wanting it more tonight, as cliche as that sounds. Giving up 69 points in the first half was the telltale sign.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Something that has been said by millions of citizens continent wide for a century bears repeating

At least we're not Cleveland
                          Huh?

I'd rather be on a team that has a LeBron James.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

A big part of that the tunrovers. Hard to defend effectively when you keep turning it over.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Huh?

I'd rather be on a team that has a LeBron James.

Comment

• I had a feeling we would drop this one; wizs were just plain desperate and hungrier coming in.

One thing the Raps need to watch for is washington trying to throw them off mentally by trying to pick up fights, get in their heads etc. Raps is the better team, has more chemistry, is deeper, and has a healthier locker room. I know this is a known playoff tactic, but we're the better team, and we shouldn't sink to their level. If the Raps stay grounded/focused and play their game, this will be over rather quickly.

The 3 main telltale signs of a "mental"/concentration Loss were there today imo: Excessive turnovers, poor group defence, and repeated fouling.

This is actually a good opportunity to toughen them up mentally and be in better shape next round.

Comment

Working...
                                X