Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 3: Toronto Raptors 103 - Washington Wizards 122 (TOR 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read that Maimi's Justise Winslow was fine $15,000 for intentionally stepping on Embiid's protective mask he was wearing for the first after returning from a 10-game absence caused by a broken orbital bone around his left eye.

Wow, classy dude.

Justise indeed ....

Comment

• That sucked.. I knew we were going to lose one on the road. Hoped we would make the game closer though. Wiz went on so many runs.. but the reason they did were because of all those turnovers.

Defensively the team could be a lot better. Beal got hot pretty quickly and you could see that opening up his game. Gortat came prepared as well.

Let's hope we get the next one.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
        It's largely the same rotation that helped build us a 2-0 series lead and had people heaping praise/penning articles about how we were the deepest team in the playoffs. Generally speaking, it's really easy to look back at a game with the gift of hindsight and say that a coach should have done X, Y and Z once you know the result. Everyone suspected Washington to come out as a very motivated group tonight and what do you know, it happened. Maybe there was a move or two Casey could have pulled out to change last night's result or maybe it just wasn't our night . Overall I'd prefer to wait and see what happens in game four and the remainder of the series before we start calling Casey an idiot.
        The rotation has not been that successful though. The normal bench units have not replicated their regular season success and they were particularly bad in game 2. FVV could be a big factor there, but regardless the coach needs to be able to recognize faster when something isn't going to work.

And this has nothing to do with hindsight.The wheels fell off the wagon very fast late in the 1st, enough to consider a change. As I watched the game I said to my friends "the bench just isn't working and Casey needs to really change things up or we're in trouble". The only change he made was to add Norm to make it an all-bench unit. And then he stuck with that unit too long as they continued to struggle. So I had more foresight as a random fan with no professional coaching experience than our head coach did. Didn't need to wait and see it not work for longer to know it needed to be changed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Apr 21, 2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          That sucked.. I knew we were going to lose one on the road. Hoped we would make the game closer though. Wiz went on so many runs.. but the reason they did were because of all those turnovers.

Defensively the team could be a lot better. Beal got hot pretty quickly and you could see that opening up his game. Gortat came prepared as well.

Let's hope we get the next one.
          the next thread is yours. Take us to second round
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Just read that Maimi's Justise Winslow was fine $15,000 for intentionally stepping on Embiid's protective mask he was wearing for the first after returning from a 10-game absence caused by a broken orbital bone around his left eye.

Wow, classy dude.

Justise indeed ....
            The equivalent of a 20 buck fine to you or me......The punishment does indeed reflect the Crime ...

Pretty sure the almost strapped for cash Hinkie organization will scrape together a couple of bucks and will have a couple more masks on hand for today’s game

Simple gamesmanship...similar to the tough guy act by Morris trying to intimidate a 20 year old rookie....I bet he shit his pants when the kid pushed back..he is more inclined to try and beat on a solitary 40 something year old with his brother and a few friends....a fake as they come tough guy
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Apr 21, 2018, 10:54 AM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Simple gamesmanship...similar to the tough guy act by Morris trying to intimidate a 20 year old rookie....I bet he shit his pants when the kid pushed back..he is more inclined to try and beat on a solitary 40 something year old with his brother and a few friends....a fake as they come tough guy
              I guess Morris never got the memo that OG can handle much bigger guys then Morris.

Comment

• Basically the only lineup that has been good for the Raptors is the starters. Even in the first two games. And they were only +2 last night - still good, but with the bench being an absolute disaster every game, need the starters to dominate. Or FVV to come back and fix the bench, ideally.

Some interesting problems to solve for Casey for game 4, with the Wizards leveraging Beal and Wall better. But cleaning up the turnovers is half the battle. What I hope to see is only small tweaks - most of those looks for Wall were mid-range jumpers, which he will not usually hit at that rate. So selling out on those shots (like they did as game 3 got out of hand) will hurt more than him making them ever could. Let Wall shoot. Beal's trickier, but mostly whoever is guarding him off ball absolutely cannot lose him while ball watching. Way too much of that in G3.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• this team is pathetic. not surprised if they flame out in the 1st round.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                    I'm scared. You don't want to give a team like Washington confidence. That team is more than capable of winnin 4 straight. We've seen it before.
                    What I said after Game 2.

Comment

Way to go truly. Pat yourself on the back for your amazingness
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Way to go truly. Pat yourself on the back for your amazingness
                        Would be impressive if we lose in 6.

Comment

Washington won 4 straight? What'd I miss?

Comment

You also said Wizards in 4 during Game 1 you dumbass.

Comment

• What I said in 2009.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              The Raptors will never go anywhere while Bargnani is on the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X