Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 3: Toronto Raptors 103 - Washington Wizards 122 (TOR 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Awesome stuff. Lowe is the best

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      For the away game, Casey should tighten the rotation a bit. Don't want to doubt the guy after this year, but I think he won't.
      Eh I don't mind. Even when I thought Casey was a terrible coach, I liked how he used the teams depth. He has always been pretty good at finding the effective lineups throughout a series.

Whole benefit of having depth is you can throw many looks at teams and keeps your guys fresh.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I get the feeling that Wizards are on the verge of a complete collapse. If we come out strong early (like we did in game 2), series will be over by halftime.

If Brooks starts Scott at the 5, Jonas needs a touch every trip down the floor. Double-double in the 1st quarter.
        I'd like to see Casey actually set the tone and let another team alter their lineup to match US.

Comment

• Would rather take this than Game 4 if we're splitting games. No team in the NBA has come back down 0-3 ever. Pretty crazy stat.

Comment

The money shot....

Casey has been pigeonholed as a genial culture-builder. He has had some disappointing X's-and-O's moments in the playoffs. Every coach has. He has to take some of the blame for Toronto's failure to evolve on offense until management essentially mandated it. So do lots of other people.

Casey has grown as a playoff chessmaster. He's due some credit for that.

Brad Stevens is as good as it gets, and the Boston Celtics ran a variation of that same set in their own Game 2 win over a clueless, dispirited Milwaukee Bucks team:
            I want to believe.

Comment

For anyone who doesn't get through it, here's the Wright quote:

Rajon Rondo snuffs Lillard's open look with a well-timed stunt away from Turner. (By the way: Wright undid so many Washington possessions in Game 2 with little slides like that. He was somehow everywhere without ever straying too far from the wrong player. He is the real-life embodiment of Toronto's old algorithmically perfect Ghost Defenders. He won't stunt away from a good shooter in the corner to disrupt a worse one stationed above the break, but he will stunt away from a so-so shooter on the wing toward a better one in the corner. Dude is a walking calculator. He knows time, score, personnel and playbook as well any perimeter defender in the league.)
              Dude's impressed me so much over the past weeks, and certainly over the past two games.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Eh I don't mind. Even when I thought Casey was a terrible coach, I liked how he used the teams depth. He has always been pretty good at finding the effective lineups throughout a series.

Whole benefit of having depth is you can throw many looks at teams and keeps your guys fresh.
                In a desperation home game for Washington, the rotation should only be the main 10 with heavier minutes going to the starters. Bebe and Brown getting playing time last game nearly costed us

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  In a desperation home game for Washington, the rotation should only be the main 10 with heavier minutes going to the starters. Bebe and Brown getting playing time last game nearly costed us
                  Bebe is somewhat understandable, because he gave us a lift in Game 1.

Brown made no sense whatsoever.

Comment

• The only thing getting me through these stupid long between game waits is picturing ibaka sitting, sleeping, resting.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

For anyone who doesn't get through it, here's the Wright quote:

Dude's impressed me so much over the past weeks, and certainly over the past two games.
                      Is Wright's new nickname "the calculator" now?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Bebe is somewhat understandable, because he gave us a lift in Game 1.

Brown made no sense whatsoever.
                        As I went into after game 1 (here), Bebe's lift in game 1 was because he was used in exactly the perfect situation for him. I warned that he's not a bandaid that fits in every situation. Also went into how the weakest bits of game 1 were because of stupid lineups thrown together that hadn't played together before.

I agree that Brown made no sense. He was bad. And played into that point about playing new lineups. It's one thing when plugging Nogueira into a general situation that he's always had success with, it's another to expect good results just plugging Brown into the place of an NBA guard and hoping the result will be the same. Wrote another piece for game 2 (here) where I go into a lot of this stuff.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          The only thing getting me through these stupid long between game waits is picturing ibaka sitting, sleeping, resting.
                          And eating. A man's gotta eat ....

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                            Is Wright's new nickname "the calculator" now?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Tough to find a good image for this. Doesn’t really roll off the tongue. But I like it.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              And eating. A man's gotta eat ....
                              Ibaka only eats hearts ripped straight from buffalos chest

Good protein
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X