Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 4: Toronto Raptors 98 - Washington Wizards 106 (TIED 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    I never shit my pants though
    As far as I saw, the floor was clean :-)

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      We're more than capable of winning at home. Not happy with the series being stretched out longer but it is what it is. There's still a chance but we aren't going to dominate this Washington team. To beat them the Raptors really need to scratch and claw for victories and I don't expect any of these wins to be particularly pretty.

None of the upcoming rounds look fun either. Everything ahead is going to be tough. We're going to be relying a hell of a lot on our home court and fishing whatever wins we can on the road.
      That is exactly why the FIRST SEED is important for us. It's already been mentioned that we lack the great player to dominate key moments in games - but we do hold home court. We also have a very young bench who, emotionally, need the comfort of home. Is it ideal? Fuck no. Is it our reality? Yes. I don't care if we go 7 games in each series as long as we win.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
        While I have hope, if Raps lose in the 1st round, its time for a MAJOR RESET -- trade Demar or Kyle, fire Casey and just fucking go in a new direction cause this shit gets ridiculous to watch year after year.
        IF we lose the organization will be forced to fire Casey. Contracts for DD and KL would likely result in taking back mediocre players with bad contract perhaps not disimlar from when we traded Vince Carter. What concerns me most is that it appears we haven’t learned anything since we lost to Wizards 3 years ago. HAVE WE BECOME THE MODERN DAY ATLANTA HAWKS??

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
          Wizards in 6.

This team is a joke.
          Tempted to utilize the ignore button for the first time ever
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Real 1st seeds don't shit their pants in the 4th quarter. This wasn't just a bad quarter, we were legit PANICKING. I know that we'll get through the 1st round. And 2nd too. Probably we'll get to the finals, if players take anxiety medication or something.
            THIS! It's not that they lost. It's that it just shows that they have not learned a single thing in the past few years. Every possession was an ugly demar ISO down the stretch. They never play to their potential and play scared. Every fucking series is the same.

The Raptors have not had one dominant series the entire time they've been in the playoffs.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Well, that was disappointing.

Comment

• Since95 wrote: View Post
                Honestly, if you talk about losing a series when it is TIED 2-2 (with home court) then you are fishing for a safety net as a fan. You will feel better, somehow, deeming yourself a prophet rather than a hater. Pffft "Fake number 1 seed"? Fake Fans abound on this board.
                Well maybe not fake fans..but some pretty irrational ones..Then there’s the odd troll looking to see if he can get a reaction by spraying shit against the wall to see if anyone responds....I thought Leafs fans were crazies but they got nothing on this board...

Back on home court in a couple of days....the wiz don’t travel very well
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  No they wouldn't lol. Washington beat them by double digits without Wall. You think because the Sixers are pounding on a talentless Heat team they could play Washington?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                  The Raps split their reg season series this year against Wash without Wall. What does it mean? it means absolutely nothing.

Playoffs is a completely different animal. Fans should know this by now.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

THIS.

Wall and Beal are great?

Comment

• Casey tomorrow

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        THIS! It's not that they lost. It's that it just shows that they have not learned a single thing in the past few years. Every possession was an ugly demar ISO down the stretch. They never play to their potential and play scared. Every fucking series is the same.

The Raptors have not had one dominant series the entire time they've been in the playoffs.
                        They have forgotten nothing and learned nothing. Having said that, even a middling defensive effort in the third and they win. No excuse for the defence to fall apart for 40 in a quarter.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Wall and Beal are great?
                          Better big time players than demar and Kyle forsure.

That's why losing fvv was crippling. He's truly our advantage as he makes the depth click, and the crunch time group close
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Wall and Beal are great?
                            Wall is better than Lowry and DeRozan. He's a franchise PG.

That's why this team will never win anything. Bruce Arthur nailed it.

Comment

• Sorry but I'm not seeing a massive talent advantage in this series for Washington

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

You had to figure the culture change would be tested during the playoffs. It wasn't going to be this invulnerable juggernaut.

The question is now whether we learn from it and have faith in the new system, or if we fall to pieces.

If we band back together this could actually make us stronger. But it will take some soul searching.

Comment

Working...
                                X