Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 4: Toronto Raptors 98 - Washington Wizards 106 (TIED 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    He got injured in that 82nd game (that was April 11) though.. and he is a bench guy. So I'm not really sure how we could have prevented it from happening. It's not like resting Fred was a requirement before going into Miami. If anything we could have rested Lowry which would have meant more floor time for Fred.

As for playing game 2.. he only got out there for like 2 minutes, and got subbed out right away. Maybe he shouldn't have been out there, but you know Fred was itching to get out there. The coaching staff probably wanted him to get a couple of minutes of playoff ball in on his home court, and then subbed him out as soon as they could pretty much proving to him he wasn't ready.
    IIRC, Fred was out of the lineup for few game because of another injury (sore back?), and then came back to play in game 82.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      IIRC, Fred was out of the lineup for few game because of another injury (sore back?), and then came back to play in game 82.
      Fred missed game 81 (Pistons).. for his back, but it was precautionary. He looked good against Miami before that (illegal) screen. You think he separated his shoulder because he was coming off a back issue?

Comment

I guess you can point fingers.. but rhythm was also a factor. If Fred missed both game 81 and 82.. he would have had 5 full days off before game 1. I had no problems with him playing in Miami.

Personally I think it was just bad luck that he got nailed by an illegal screen.

Comment

I should have been more specific.. just want to see more of the Lowry+bench unit I guess. Sub Lowry out first for Delon so Delon plays with the starters.. then bring Lowry back in so he plays with the bench. Like they did last year except Wright == CoJo.

DD+bench have been awful these playoffs. Not blaming DeMar entirely but the bench needs Fred, and Lowry is a lot more like Fred than DeMar is.
          DeMar plus bench has been struggling, but Delon in Lowry's place in-season was only a break even lineup, and the rest of the starters can't play the entire 1st Q. The bench just needs to find a way to work around DeRozan. Taking away minutes from the starting group which is by far our biggest strength is a bad idea.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

OG looks like a high school kid from the 90's lol, glad he don't care. Kid plays old school basketball, might as well dress like one.
            Last edited by Hotshot; Sun Apr 22, 2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              OG looks like a high school kid from the 90's lol, glad he don't care. Kid plays old school basketball, might as well dress like one.
              The 90s are so hot right now.

Comment

Play some defense. Win the game. EZ strategy.

Comment

Comment

A very good bounce-back team against a team that has held serve in playoff home games for the last two years, ONE STREAK SHALL BE BROKEN TODAY
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Fred missed game 81 (Pistons).. for his back, but it was precautionary. He looked good against Miami before that (illegal) screen. You think he separated his shoulder because he was coming off a back issue?
                      It was a freak injury. Could happen to any player at any time. He wanted to go in game 2 so he tested it out and couldn't go.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Yikes that 6 week thing is sketchy
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I hate that were not getting American broadcast..instead the ghetto ass sportsnet local cringey thing
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Anyonegot a good stream
                              already?

Comment

W incoming.

Comment

Working...
                                X