Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 4: Toronto Raptors 98 - Washington Wizards 106 (TIED 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still think Wright > VV? lmao
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Anyone still think Wright > VV? lmao
      Oh, hell naw

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
        On a happier note; whoever thought a slow white guy named Bogdonovich would be Lebron's kryptonite?
        LeBron has twice as many points as any other cavs

He's not comin back next year
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Stupid freaking Casey.

Played possum with me all year, making me think he'd learned how to make some decent substitutions, just so he could pull the rug on me in the playoffs. Screw him. Even did great in the first half of this one. Then literally threw the game away in the 4th.

Dammit. We talk about how hard playing 5 on 8 is, but 5 on 6 can be just as hard when the 6th man for the other side is your coach.

There were plenty of issues in this one. Guys passed up open looks, the defence was spotty, the turnovers were a huge problem, again. But it was there to be had, the refs even gifted us that foul-out on Beal. And Casey decided to lose.

Gah. So stupid.
          KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Raptors has 89% chance of winning with 11 minutes left in 3rd q per espn
          Casey lost this one, and not because the other guy out-coached him, it was a self inflicted wound he brought upon himself and the team.

Team starts solid, moving the ball, playing the type of basketball that made them one of the best teams in the NBA --> because the clock now suddenly shows it's late 3rd quarter, he deliberately glues OG and JV to the bench, in a complete disrespect/disregard to the effectiveness of his team early in the game --> the team looks very different in terms of tactics & personal --> DD assists drop, ball movement stalls --> opposing team stays true to themselves, sees an opportunity, and take over.

Casey gained credit this year by modernizing this team, but his inability to play "real-time" basketball and have the guts to stick to what's working is becoming very dangerous. This has become apparent even to fans that have been pretty even-keeled (not too emotional/overreacting).

There's still lots of time, we're better the Wizs hands-down, but if we force ourselves away from who we truly are because the 4th quarter has to played a certain way no-matter-what, and we'll have Brown out there 10 times before we even consider OG or JV back, then we're in trouble. Losing is never good, but if we're gonna lose, I rather it be because the other team is better, as opposed to because we're deliberately making ourselves worse. Here's to hoping he'll figure it out. Go Raps!
          Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Apr 22, 2018, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
            Though Poeltl and Siakam were somewhat better tonight our youngsters (except the unflappable OG) are looking frightened. Wright won't shoot, Siakam won't drive etc. A shame that FVV isn't available but that shouldn't be such a huge factor. The team (like most of us) needs to take a deep breath and just get back to playing the way they have been all year. There is certainly more physical contact than usual but they need to play through it. I thought pushing the pace looked effective tonight but they went away from it in the second half. Demar's reversion to "hero ball" and Lowry's drives into traffic seemed out of desperation because others either wouldn't shoot or couldn't (CJ was awful). I really hope they can get it together and win as I fear the young talent of Boston, Philly and Milwaukee is going to make the future of the east even more of a challenge. This MUST be the year.
            Wright just started shooting 3s this year, so why TF are we pinning this on him. He played a great 2 way game, actually. We’ve been drafting non shooters who could defend, for the old Ride and Die system, so don’t expect consistent volume shooting in the playoffs. Guys were turning down shots because Demar messed up the rhythm and the Wiz were defending aggressively. The one shooter you can blame is CJ, but even then we don’t run smart plays to get him open looks as a first option.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to just how negative all of Raptors-land will be for the next few days
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• On the bright side: I thought that was as good a game defensively as the Raptors played. Washington got hot from 3 in the 3rd quarter and that happens when you have Beal and Porter shooting a bunch from outside, but overall defense was pretty solid throughout from everyone not named CJ. It's amazing how Washington has not managed to get Porter more involved.

The Raptors need a third player to step up for them to win, it's as simple as that. As good as Demar is, he's not Lebron, he's not James Harden, he's not Giannis or AD. He can't take over a game by himself he's not that type of player. And Ibaka and Miles who the Raptors desperately need to space the floor with FVV out were both brutal. Add to that no OG for the second half and Delon being afraid to shoot the darn ball and what do you have to work with for offense for secondary players? This team can't win with Lowry and Demar and crap, that's what we've seen in playoffs past.

It's not hopeless for this team or core. The secondary players just need to step up in pressure situations on the road. That's the difference between this team being a Finals contender and pretty much on equal footing with a team like the Wizards.

And yeah, getting JV in there wouldn't hurt, but there's still the issue of zero floor spacing if no one can make a three pointer, or even take one.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Oh yeah and pinning this on Wright or saying FVV is definitely better is ridiculous. He's incredible defensively and gave the Wizards all sorts of issues on that end or they could have won this by 15 with how rough the Raptors offense was.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    Oh yeah and pinning this on Wright or saying FVV is definitely better is ridiculous. He's incredible defensively and gave the Wizards all sorts of issues on that end or they could have won this by 15 with how rough the Raptors offense was.
                    I don't think it is to pin it on Wright. I think his defense was that special tonight on many plays.

I would agree that FVV has a certain swagger and gives the bench mob the confidence. He's literally the little engine that could.

Comment

• Casey should do something crazy like having JV shooting volume 3s. He does have the best percentage on the team.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Casey should do something crazy like having JV shooting volume 3s. He does have the best percentage on the team.
                        JUST MOVE THE BALL.

New Raptors > Old Raptors.

Comment

• Man, Pacers have absolutely no fear of Lebron, whatsoever.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Man, Pacers have absolutely no fear of Lebron, whatsoever.
                            It's amazing to watch. I'm in awe

Comment

• Yea, I'm jealous of the pacers. They have NO fear of Lebron whatsoever unlike the Raptors.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• You gotta love Stephenson

Comment

Working...
                                X