Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 4: Toronto Raptors 98 - Washington Wizards 106 (TIED 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is nobody gonna talk about how the Raptors let FVF play when he wasnt ready, and how now he cant, and how thats why they will lose to washington?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Is nobody gonna talk about how the Raptors let FVF play when he wasnt ready, and how now he cant, and how thats why they will lose to washington?
      Sure..what’s your theory on who conspired to set that chain of events in motion.....what they knew and when they knew it....
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Is nobody gonna talk about how the Raptors let FVF play when he wasnt ready, and how now he cant, and how thats why they will lose to washington?
        It's obvious they made a mistake handling this injury (Not surprised ). How does he play in game 2 and then sit out 3&4.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I was vocally raging the entire fourth quarter of this one. The boys let the wizards right back in, now it’s likely going 7, maybe we’ll be able to close it out in 6 but I doubt it.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            It's obvious they made a mistake handling this injury (Not surprised ). How does he play in game 2 and then sit out 3&4.

I'm guessing they re-xrayed the injury and realized that the separation was worse than first thought. He probably felt okay shooting and in light scrimmage but once he got into the real game didn't feel confident in the physical play. I didn't see anything that looked like it would have worsened the injury. But I'll be really surprised if we see him before game 6; and that's optimistic.

Comment

This should 100% be on Casey. Why in the world would you treat game 82 like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals? because winning 60 games looks cool on your resume? doesn anyone her3 really care about winning 60?

Saying that, the Raptors are the ONE seed. They are playing the EIGHT seed not the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS. The fact that they are having trouble beating Washington without their best reserve is very telling. The Wizards did not even play all that well tonight and still won!
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So that also sucked.. ugh.. Raptors have not lost 3 in a row all year. So pretty confident in game 5.. but man what a let down. Up 11 at the half.. Wiz than score 40 points in the 3rd to tie the game.. and then take the lead back permanently even with Beals fouled out.

It was theirs for the taking and they just let it slip through their fingers. Really irritating.

This team just can't win on the road in the playoffs. I think it's something like 5-16 now in the Casey era.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

He wanted to try and play cause it's the playoffs? But he was too injured? This happens all the time. Some guy with the Flyers played today and couldn't hardly move his arm. You go unless you absolutely can't and even then you likely go anyway.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    He wanted to try and play cause it's the playoffs? But he was too injured? This happens all the time. Some guy with the Flyers played today and couldn't hardly move his arm. You go unless you absolutely can't and even then you likely go anyway.
                    Players should NOT do that. Then you end up like Isaiah Thomas and lose a huge payday. Thats why I can't even blame Kawai Leonard.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Love FVV, but missing this much action, he's likely not going to come back and be his regular self just yet. We should win this series without him.

Casey's gotta be smarter with his rotations and play calling.

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk
                      Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Jonas wasn't spectacular tonight, but nobody was. No idea why he only saw 15 minutes. He's a guy who should be playing 30 mins every night.

TRex wrote: View Post
                      I've never seen a team who bench their best player for the first 6-7 mins of the 4th. Sub pattern the whole game was atrocious.
                      iLurktoomuch wrote: View Post
                      someone explain to me HOW JV does not get ANY second half minutes what so fucking ever when poeltl was in foul trouble AND after when he inevitably fouled out..JV had 11 and 3 with only 3 fouls and he's glued to the fucking bench. ESPECIALLY when Gortat is in. Anytime Gortat is in the game you make sure JV is there to match up. Casey really pissed me off in this aspect - not to mention the shitty D and the self-inflicted dumb ass turnovers..
                      Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I just don't get why we don't burn quick timeouts. Can sense momentum shifting a mile away, but we gotta wait until it's a 10 pt swing before calling it. Why?

consmap wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't have been popular to say a week ago, but Casey is the weakest link. The improbable bench made him look great in the regular season but his substitutions and matchups have alwasy been on the weak side imo

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Wall and Beal are great?
                        I’d say in a vacuum, wall and Beal are better than Lowry and derozan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't have been popular to say a week ago, but Casey is the weakest link. The improbable bench made him look great in the regular season but his substitutions and matchups have alwasy been on the weak side imo
                          Casey has always been a weak link, but he's not the one turning the ball over 18 times a game the past two games, after averaging 13 during the regular season.

He's also not the one letting Wall/Beal combine for 58 and 56 points after averaging 42 during the regular season.

I am the last guy to come to Casey's defense, but this is bigger than just Casey. Our leaders have got to set the tone.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Casey has always been a weak link, but he's not the one turning the ball over 18 times a game the past two games, after averaging 13 during the regular season.

He's also not the one letting Wall/Beal combine for 58 and 56 points after averaging 42 during the regular season.

I am the last guy to come to Casey's defense, but this is bigger than just Casey. Our leaders have got to set the tone.
                            Absolutely. I'm not trying to dump it all at Casey's feet but he never seems to take any of the blame himslef either. I'm kinda tired of his hound dog face saying "we gotta do this and we gotta do that" and then making oddball substitutions and bizarrely sitting guys down who had the game in hand, lettign others go back to iso ball with no repercussions etc etvc etc

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                              While I still hope for the Raps to win, I think everyone can agree that the old habits that cost us in previous years came back today.

Why did Demar shoot 29 times? Granted he got to the line quite a bit, but nobody should be shooting 29 times in a game unless they are hitting everything... Demar went back to ISO ways and it cost us down the line.

This is what some of us are concerned about - yes wins and losses happen... but the way we lost is concerning...
                              They have two days to watch tape and see the glaring error of their ways. The mistakes and wrong headed approach are obvious. They will do something different on Wednesday, they will win and they might learn the lesson well enough to carry it back to Washington. In which case it will all have been worth it.

Raps in six.
                              Last edited by Puffer; Mon Apr 23, 2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• This is good:

"Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X