Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 4: Toronto Raptors 98 - Washington Wizards 106 (TIED 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I was trying to stay positive... didn't want to point out how good the 76ers are looking... haha

In all seriousness, if the Raptors blow this series, at the very least Casey and Lowry have to go. The team would need a fresh start, and Lowry is a shell of his former self. I'd be happy getting a new leader in and turning the reins over to VV & Wright. I don't think the entire team would need to be blown up though, but they'll never truly change if the Casey/Lowry/DeRozan core stays together.

That being said, they are the superior team in this series and they should have bene able to put the Wizards away in 5 games. I still think they will win this series. Who knows, maybe doing so in 6 games, with the clinching game being won on the road in Washington, will give the team the confidence boost they need as they head into round 2.
    I think we can all agree that the Raps have the superior team from top to bottom. We all know we should win this series. But which version of the Raps actually shows up on Wednesday, is anyone's guess.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I think we can all agree that the Raps have the superior team from top to bottom. We all know we should win this series. But which version of the Raps actually shows up on Wednesday, is anyone's guess.
      They have the best regular season home record, Derozan played terribly in the last game, defense disappeared in the 3rd. They’ll watch the game tape, and they’ll be ready.

Raps by 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In all seriousness, if the Raptors blow this series, at the very least Casey and Lowry have to go. The team would need a fresh start, and Lowry is a shell of his former self. I'd be happy getting a new leader in and turning the reins over to VV & Wright. I don't think the entire team would need to be blown up though, but they'll never truly change if the Casey/Lowry/DeRozan core stays together.
        I still think it's the manner in which they lose that matters. If it's just a matter of the role players not stepping up like it was yesterday, then you roll it back with Siakam and Delon having another year of experience, and hopefully you get Fred back and continuing on his Kyle Lowry trajectory. If DeMar and Kyle completely shut down over the next two games and it's clear they can't take a lead role on a team that wins then that's different.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Can we do something about Gortat's moving screens? That guy is pushing our guards out of the way to let Wall get a clean mid range jumper.. I mean it's so blatantly obvious. Yet when JV accidentally uses his elbow on a guy because he's in his grill.. he gets called for a foul.

It's ridiculous.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Not sure why OG isn't playing at all in the fourth quarter. He's been good when he's been out there. I thought Casey rode Poeltl way to long yesterday. He played well but he was exhausted. It didn't help that Miles was awful cause they could have used him in the fourth. It really did look like 2017 where the supporting case was frozen and it was the Derozan show.....It didn't help that Miles was awful cause they could have used him in the fourth. It really did look like 2017 where the supporting case was frozen and it was the Derozan show.....

Credit to WSH, though. I thought they did a good job of denying the escape valves for Lowry and Derozan and made them take some tough, contested shots. There were a few times where it looked like a layup and a WSH big got over and challenged.
            I'd like to think it had something to do with his ankle. Or who knows - maybe he's on some sort of long term restriction plan related to his knee. But we also know that with Casey, there's going to be a handful of counter-intuitive rotation decisions every playoffs.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              I'd like to think it had something to do with his ankle. Or who knows - maybe he's on some sort of long term restriction plan related to his knee. But we also know that with Casey, there's going to be a handful of counter-intuitive rotation decisions every playoffs.
              I dont think it's either one of those things really. It's more like Casey's stubborn mind of "role card- starter, rookie, no crunch time"

Usually takes extreme desperation to remember he can change his role cards. It's a shame because OG is really bringing defense and actually hitting his shots
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I dont think it's either one of those things really. It's more like Casey's stubborn mind of "role card- starter, rookie, no crunch time"

Usually takes extreme desperation to remember he can change his role cards. It's a shame because OG is really bringing defense and actually hitting his shots
                He's the best wing/small defender on the team, and it's not even close. If his health is fine, he should be closing these games.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

After such a good start to the series, the return of hero-ball and questionable coaching decisions has been extremely frustrating to watch. I really thought the horrendous performance in game 3 was going to wake the team up, yet it was more of the same (turnovers, selfish play, bad coaching) in game 4.

I hope some home cooking does the trick, as another first round defeat would be demoralizing for this core.
                  Your comment “yet it was more of the same” is what is concerning. It just seems collectively as a team they don’t learn from what hasn’t worked in past years and what has worked it the regular season. One bad game is ok but two in a row becomes a trend. I think they will ultimately overcome this and win in 7 but all of us that watch closely can see them reverting to their old ways as the pressure mounts.

Comment

• A little bit of an overreaction going on today. No surprise I guess, but I think it wouldn't be a reach to say that this series would probably be over right now if FVV was healthy. Of course, we should be able to beat the Wiz without FVV, and we did that twice in a row to open the series. But the Wiz are a good team, and they are confidant and they want to win, so it should also come as no surprise that they were able to effectively counter the Raps on their own floor. I don't think the Raps played hard enough to win game 3, or well enough to win game 4. Both situations can easily be remedied. Expect the Raps to take the next 2 games.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      A little bit of an overreaction going on today. No surprise I guess, but I think it wouldn't be a reach to say that this series would probably be over right now if FVV was healthy. Of course, we should be able to beat the Wiz without FVV, and we did that twice in a row to open the series. But the Wiz are a good team, and they are confidant and they want to win, so it should also come as no surprise that they were able to effectively counter the Raps on their own floor. I don't think the Raps played hard enough to win game 3, or well enough to win game 4. Both situations can easily be remedied. Expect the Raps to take the next 2 games.
                      You get a few less turnovers in each game and game 3 is a single digit loss and game 4 is a win. Crazy how that works huh? Raptors need to take care of the ball, move the ball, and force washington into those tough contested 2's they love taking.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        I'm glad Demar took blame but look: WSH scored as many points in the third quarter as they did in the ENTIRE FIRST HALF. Yeah, the offense went sideways in the 4th quarter (no question) but what the fuck happened to the defense!? You can't let Beal just go nuts. That concerns me more than the offense. I think they'll bounce back at home on that end of things (they've proven they can score on the Wizards) but I'm starting to get concerned about the defensive lapses over entire quarters.... game 3 was the same story giving up a 39-spot. That has to stop.
                        You're the only other person who pointed this out. I was perfectly happy with a grind-it-out, fugly win on the road and figured that Demar was missing shots because he was working so hard on defense in the first half. But then he had a relapse in that 3rd quarter and went into all-offense, no-defense mode, and that was game.

People think the culture reset was only about ball movement, but it was also about Kyle and DeMar being able to put out energy on D, because their offensive load was reduced.

Comment

• A little introspection
                          A little time off
                          A little pissed off
                          A little home cooking
                          A little game 5 win
                          All will be well ....

Comment

• Prayers going out to the victims of the Toronto van terrorist attack (unconfirmed) this afternoon.
                            Guy sounded British or Aussie to me.
                            The world is a sorry place right now ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Prayers going out to the victims of the Toronto van terrorist attack (unconfirmed) this afternoon.
                              Guy sounded British or Aussie to me.
                              The world is a sorry place right now ....
                              Crazy to think it happened barely a block from where I used to live... yikes!

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Sure..what’s your theory on who conspired to set that chain of events in motion.....what they knew and when they knew it....
                                STFU.

You have a player with a particularly dangerous injury because ALL shoulder injuries are precarious. You dress him when it might be a bit early, THEN while blowing a team out, decide to send him on the floor??

Who the fuck is talking conspiracy? I'm talking MASSIVE dropped ball on many levels and hey, ya wonder why they trash Toronto as a franchise regularly, they always seem to do it like amateurs.

Should never have seen the floor, there was zero need, and it may come back to bite them still.

Comment

Working...
                                X