Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 4: Toronto Raptors 98 - Washington Wizards 106 (TIED 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    JV was okay in game 3.. his +/- was good, but overall he could have been a lot better. The strategy is fine.. letting Wall get mid range jumpers is better than layups. But he needs to communicate and work harder on the PnR. Gortat had way too many easy layups or offensive rebounds as JV was out of place.

He's definitely not the reason we lost.. it was the bench and DD line up doing absolutely nothing on offense or defense. Would prefer to see more Lowry+bench instead. That worked last year. With FVV most likely out again, Lowry would make that bench hum and get everyone back in sync (hopefully).
    We need both bench units. Can't play Lowry for 48 minutes, and I'd rather DD running the offence than, what, Powell, if he is sitting too? Just have to hope a) DeMar remembers how to score in those units and b) Poeltl and Siakam eventually break out of their slumps and play like they can.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Claw is going to the Church for Dinos today, will repent for his sins and getting rid of all the negativity.

Demar Derozan will dominate.

Go Raptors !

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        The Claw is going to the Church for Dinos today, will repent for his sins and getting rid of all the negativity.

Go Raptors !
        Bro is that really you? 😅
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just have one thing to say:

For a change - Don't. Get. Blown. Out.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Go Raptors !
            Don't claim your ID was hacked
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I think it feels like that due to the intensity, and I certainly feel like things are chippier, but I remember reading a study that playoff free throw rates are still the same as regular rates.

You can sort of see it for the last few years' FT/FGA regular season vs playoffs:
              2017 .209 vs .221
              2016 .209 vs .212
              2015 .205 vs .214
              2014 .215 vs .235
              2013 .204 vs .227

Playoff free throw rates are actually a little bit higher than the regular season, though to be exact you'd have to account for the higher quality teams that are a little better at drawing fouls.
              Good point but I'd still argue that there is a lot more physical contact that doesn't get called. Maybe if they called it like they do in the regular season it would completely ruin the game because it would be nothing but whistles and foul shots! It would be interesting if someone with time on their hands studied tapes of random regular season and playoff games and somehow counted the incidences of contact with no foul called.

Comment

veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
                This might be obvious, but I feel like it just depends on whether the bench can show up. At least hold the fort and don't give up the lead. The starters came out like gangbusters last game (and pretty much every game this series), they were up 9 points in game 3 and looking rock solid before the lead got frittered away when the benches came in.

Of course a lot of that might depend on if FVV is back. But frankly I'm not optimistic. So Delon, CJ, P, and Yak, just hold the fort for us. Starters have been really dependable.
                For a minute there I thought this was another hockey post....until the third sentence. This thread was getting confusing.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, the team broke even with him on the floor in game 3 even with the porous defence and ridiculous turnover rate, in a game where the team was blown out.

Nevermind just JV. The starters as a unit should be getting 30 minutes a game. Then 9 minutes of Lowry plus bench and 9 minutes of DD plus bench. Easy peasy. DD plus bench has struggled without FVV, but hopefully Poeltl and Siakam break out of their funks soon and that gets remedied. Or FVV comes back.

Either way, a simpler rotation makes sense to me.
                  My eyes were suggesting to me that JV was struggling with the pick and roll and had to come out. But at game's end he was our best plus and minus player (at 0!). Perhaps HE wasn't really the problem. It makes sense to me that he should play more and get the ball in the post more.

Comment

Finally the truth. This makes a lot more sense than the "bruise" and is what I suspected from watching the incident. As Fred said in one interview he can probably use it almost normally so would feel okay shooting or dribbling but it would still feel unstable and get reinjured easily with body contact. And we know the Wiz would be going after it. I think the Raps need to win this series without him and have him well for......Indy.

Comment

Four posts in a row. I might as well make it five. Everyone else still in bed? Or at church?

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                        Finally the truth. This makes a lot more sense than the "bruise" and is what I suspected from watching the incident. As Fred said in one interview he can probably use it almost normally so would feel okay shooting or dribbling but it would still feel unstable and get reinjured easily with body contact. And we know the Wiz would be going after it. I think the Raps need to win this series without him and have him well for......Indy.
                        Yep the dirty Wiz will attempt to use hard screens to test that shoulder. Better heal it up... Fuck Miami again!

Comment

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Can somebody explain what exactly the benefit was to bring an already injured player and go for 60 wins?

And then take further risk by playing him?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            Tsk, tsk, tsk. Can somebody explain what exactly the benefit was to bring an already injured player and go for 60 wins?

And then take further risk by playing him?
                            He got injured in that 82nd game (that was April 11) though.. and he is a bench guy. So I'm not really sure how we could have prevented it from happening. It's not like resting Fred was a requirement before going into Miami. If anything we could have rested Lowry which would have meant more floor time for Fred.

As for playing game 2.. he only got out there for like 2 minutes, and got subbed out right away. Maybe he shouldn't have been out there, but you know Fred was itching to get out there. The coaching staff probably wanted him to get a couple of minutes of playoff ball in on his home court, and then subbed him out as soon as they could pretty much proving to him he wasn't ready.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              We need both bench units. Can't play Lowry for 48 minutes, and I'd rather DD running the offence than, what, Powell, if he is sitting too? Just have to hope a) DeMar remembers how to score in those units and b) Poeltl and Siakam eventually break out of their slumps and play like they can.
                              I should have been more specific.. just want to see more of the Lowry+bench unit I guess. Sub Lowry out first for Delon so Delon plays with the starters.. then bring Lowry back in so he plays with the bench. Like they did last year except Wright == CoJo.

DD+bench have been awful these playoffs. Not blaming DeMar entirely but the bench needs Fred, and Lowry is a lot more like Fred than DeMar is.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X