Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 5: Toronto Raptors 108 - Washington Wizards 98 (TOR 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    2 leg final that ends in penalties without extra time? wtf is concacaf thinking?
    Seriously, what a stupid format.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      new format
      dumb format

give us the 1 leg final at pre-determined location

Comment

• penalties are a coin flip. kinda sucks.

Comment

• A big win tonight; hopefully one with a lasting influence on Casey. I've said here before that if JV played 35 minutes a game, every game the Raptors would be a more dominant team. If they don't learn to do this going forward he'll be doing it somewhere else and it will come back to haunt them. If Ibaka makes a reappearance I really, really like the chances of winning game six. The refs couldn't possibly screw us any worse than tonight (could they?) and maybe we also won't miss about 10 layups and bunnies. I've become used to a so-so Lowry game because I think that's what he's become. We've all read about point guards rapid decline after age 30 and this year we've witnessed it. Still a useful player in many ways but next year Delon or FVV should be starting...or at least getting a lot of his minutes. The steal with a 10 foot head start on Wall showed just how much quickness he's lost. I seriously doubt if they would play FVV in the next game as there is worry about reinjury with a separation. If there was a game 7 maybe...but there won't be

Comment

• Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
              A big win tonight; hopefully one with a lasting influence on Casey. I've said here before that if JV played 35 minutes a game, every game the Raptors would be a more dominant team. If they don't learn to do this going forward he'll be doing it somewhere else and it will come back to haunt them. If Ibaka makes a reappearance I really, really like the chances of winning game six. The refs couldn't possibly screw us any worse than tonight (could they?) and maybe we also won't miss about 10 layups and bunnies. I've become used to a so-so Lowry game because I think that's what he's become. We've all read about point guards rapid decline after age 30 and this year we've witnessed it. Still a useful player in many ways but next year Delon or FVV should be starting...or at least getting a lot of his minutes. The steal with a 10 foot head start on Wall showed just how much quickness he's lost. I seriously doubt if they would play FVV in the next game as there is worry about reinjury with a separation. If there was a game 7 maybe...but there won't be
              I don’t know what game you are watching but Kyle has been phenomenal this whole series.

Comment

• fu*k...

Comment

• lol bradley wtf.

penalties suck.

Comment

• Casey predictably gave JV a mention for "good minutes" in the fourth because there were "match ups" that worked for him. Looks like nothing will change

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                      Casey predictably gave JV a mention for "good minutes" in the fourth because there were "match ups" that worked for him. Looks like nothing will change
                      casey is a clown

Comment

• Great run by Toronto. Penalties suck.

Last edited by rocwell; Wed Apr 25, 2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          I don’t know what game you are watching but Kyle has been phenomenal this whole series.

Raptors versus Wizards game 5. You watched games 3 and 4? He's hitting some threes but can't get to the rim, looked flustered much of the time and gave mediocre at best defence on their guards. Granted a little better tonight but he is no longer a star. He's a leader and a chemistry guy but not a championship caliber point guard. I hope he proves me wrong in the rest of the playoff but I'm glad we've got Delon and hope FVV is back in the next series.

Comment

casey is a clown
                            Mitch P wrote: View Post
                            Casey predictably gave JV a mention for "good minutes" in the fourth because there were "match ups" that worked for him. Looks like nothing will change
                            Lol that's pride and ego getting in the way for Casey. Matchups? JV simply played great, and confident, and proved your first instinct wrong
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 5: Toronto Raptors vs Washington Wizards, Wednesday April 25, 19:00 EST

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                              Raptors versus Wizards game 5. You watched games 3 and 4? He's hitting some threes but can't get to the rim, looked flustered much of the time and gave mediocre at best defence on their guards. Granted a little better tonight but he is no longer a star. He's a leader and a chemistry guy but not a championship caliber point guard. I hope he proves me wrong in the rest of the playoff but I'm glad we've got Delon and hope FVV is back in the next series.
                              Lol he wasn’t the problem in games 3 and 4. He’s getting to the rim just fine, but we aren’t isolating him and asking him to drive into the trees like we used to because it allows for a more sustainable offence built around pace and space. The reasons we lost games 3 and 4 were some awful lineups that threw the games. Our starters have been pretty much dominant this whole series largely due to Kyle’s presence on both sides of the floor.

Comment

casey is a clown
                                Well, I see another coaching genius is now available. Between Hoiberg, Budenholzer, Hornacek, Kevin Ollie.... man, we could have every coaching genius of the last 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X