Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 5: Toronto Raptors 108 - Washington Wizards 98 (TOR 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.R. wrote: View Post
    This is the thing, they don't need to reinvent everything, just go back to what was working - which is what they've been doing for most of the season.

Also, play defence.
    Defence to me is the number one key. Role players normally don't play as well on the road and don't hit as many shots. If we just played some fucking defence those two games we would have won. But I guess our bad offence is what caused the bad defence. Gotta stop turning over the ball and take better shots.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      This is the thing, they don't need to reinvent everything, just go back to what was working - which is what they've been doing for most of the season.

Also, play defence.
      Or, you know, just do what they did in the first damn quarter of game 4. At one point I think they had 13 assists on 16 FGs or something like that. Just. Keep. Doing. That.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Zainab gonna close this out over the next two. Casey's gonna smarten up and play the right lineups. The team will stop turning it over for no reason. And Indy will beat the Cavs.

Wishful thinking, possibly.
        On board. Raptors need to win next 2 . Psychologically it will give the necessary confidence to face the CAVS/Indy.

Comment

If VV plays on wednesday - if i'm the Wizards, i would hit the shit out of that shoulder everytime i get a chance.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            Or, you know, just do what they did in the first damn quarter of game 4. At one point I think they had 13 assists on 16 FGs or something like that. Just. Keep. Doing. That.
            That's why it may be a personnel issue. When you have Derozan, Lowry, Wright, Ibaka and "2 points scored" CJ Miles, what do you have? 4 guys that like to iso with the ball in their hands, one guy can't hit the broad side of a barn, and the 3 that aren't Kyle and Demar struggling or afraid to shoot. It's no wonder the "plays" ended the way they did late

In the first quarter, the 5 starters played. OG is hitting his shots, and he melds perfectly as he just runs cuts or hits his 3s. JV is an other release valve, can get you post points or step out and stretch. That leaves with your big 3, everybody moves the ball, everybody eats, everything runs.

Just looking around at the group out there at the end of Game 4 I found myself thinking "who's Derozan gonna pass to? I have no faith in any of these guys right now"
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              That's why it may be a personnel issue. When you have Derozan, Lowry, Wright, Ibaka and "2 points scored" CJ Miles, what do you have? 4 guys that like to iso with the ball in their hands, one guy can't hit the broad side of a barn, and the 3 that aren't Kyle and Demar struggling or afraid to shoot. It's no wonder the "plays" ended the way they did late

In the first quarter, the 5 starters played. OG is hitting his shots, and he melds perfectly as he just runs cuts or hits his 3s. JV is an other release valve, can get you post points or step out and stretch. That leaves with your big 3, everybody moves the ball, everybody eats, everything runs.

Just looking around at the group out there at the end of Game 4 I found myself thinking "who's Derozan gonna pass to? I have no faith in any of these guys right now"
              That was a really shitty line up late. JV should've been out there to match Gortat, it should've been Lowry, Wright, DeRozan, Ibaka, JV

Comment

OG and JV are literally 2 of the team's most efficient scorers in this series so far.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I've reached an odd sense of nirvana. I'm not gonna let yesterday's game bring me down for 60% of my work week

That's the spirit, Keon!

Comment

JV is shooting 71% from the field this series.. getting consistent offense from him hasn't been a problem. If the team would pass him the ball more that would be great

*Or if Casey would actually play him more. I wonder how long it will take him to realize Poeltl's minutes are killing us
                    Last edited by tDotted; Mon Apr 23, 2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                      To me he doesn't look right. He's doing everything very gingerly in my opinion. He'll play on Wednesday knowing him but he won't be the same FVV
                      Hard to tell from one practice jumper.

Comment

Need the home crowd to be exponentially louder than they were in games 1 and 2. There was nervousness in the air, until the Raps went on a run.

If the Raps run into any trouble in game 5, we need the crowd to be PROactive, instead of REactive. Give the guys a boost when they need it most. That's what true home court advantage is all about.

Comment

The problem isn't offense it's defense. I'd rather have OG play in the 4th over JV.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The problem isn't offense it's defense. I'd rather have OG play in the 4th over JV.
                            Casey doesn't even need to choose one or the other. Play them both.

Comment

I did not like the lineups in the fourth quarter at all......

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                                I did not like the lineups in the fourth quarter at all......
                                At least we didn't see any Lorenzo. Baby steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X