Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 5: Toronto Raptors 108 - Washington Wizards 98 (TOR 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    I know we got homecourt, but I hope you close this out in the next 2, Zainab.
    You made the title of my game thread ugly, please change according to my rules

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 5: Toronto Raptors vs Washington Wizards, Wednesday April 25, 19:00 EST

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
      You made the title of my game thread ugly, please change according to my rules

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 5: Toronto Raptors vs Washington Wizards, Wednesday April 25, 19:00 EST
      We ain't in the army, I was tryna make it simple. But alas, your wish is my command. Just win, baby!

Comment

Everyone today is ready to fight. Can we all collectively calm down...I can't deal with this!

Good night!!!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          We ain't in the army, I was tryna make it simple. But alas, your wish is my command. Just win, baby!
          Lmao

RR getting hard coaching. No more fun and games
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Wouldn't be Raptors if they didn't make it interesting. Nothing they haven't done before. They've been in tougher situations. Raps in 6.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  Old habits die hard.

This was the first time the culture reset had been tested in a true playoff pressure cooker. And on the road, no less. TBH, I'm not surprised we saw a regression. I'm giving them a mulligan here.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Old habits die hard.

This was the first time the culture reset had been tested in a true playoff pressure cooker. And on the road, no less. TBH, I'm not surprised we saw a regression. I'm giving them a mulligan here.

Fair enough. I’m optimistic for a big bounce back in game 5.

It kinda feels though like when I’m hoping for my kid to behave at a play date but I am like 50-50 on whether he’s going to poop all over the floor.

Comment

Ok, back to winning now. FVV's absence is proving difficult to overcome. Need more JV, and hopefully OG is good to go, that guy needs close on 30 min too. Protect the ball and execute your O. Lets go!!

Comment

With the IMPORTANT QUALIFIER that there's a first time for everything, here's the full list of 1 seeds that have been in a 2-2 series in the first round with the 8 seed since the first round became 7 games:

2017 Celtics - W
                        2015 Hawks - W
                        2014 Pacers - W
                        2014 Spurs - W (NBA Champion)
                        2010 Lakers - W (NBA Champ)
                        2008 Celtics - W (NBA Champ)
                        2006 Spurs - W
                        2003 Spurs - W (NBA Champ)

There's no reason to panic yet, and obviously it's just a matter of time before a 1 seed loses in this situation. But really the series is still under control at least until the Raptors lose at home.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          With the IMPORTANT QUALIFIER that there's a first time for everything, here's the full list of 1 seeds that have been in a 2-2 series in the first round with the 8 seed since the first round became 7 games:

2017 Celtics - W
                          2015 Hawks - W
                          2014 Pacers - W
                          2014 Spurs - W (NBA Champion)
                          2010 Lakers - W (NBA Champ)
                          2008 Celtics - W (NBA Champ)
                          2006 Spurs - W
                          2003 Spurs - W (NBA Champ)

There's no reason to panic yet, and obviously it's just a matter of time before a 1 seed loses in this situation. But really the series is still under control at least until the Raptors lose at home.
                          So what you're saying is there's a 50/50 chance we win the title.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Absolutely.

(My point definitely was not that there's some very good teams that have been in this situation so any "fake 1 seed" talk is premature. Let's talk again after Game 5)
                            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Zainab gonna close this out over the next two. Casey's gonna smarten up and play the right lineups. The team will stop turning it over for no reason. And Indy will beat the Cavs.

Wishful thinking, possibly.
                              Very much wishful thinking. And lmao Indy is not beating the Cavs
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I don't have the video to upload, but Stephen A and Max did their talk today. Max still thinks Raptors in 6 but we need to correct the 4th quarter ISO asap, and Stephen A said he'd "never seen a team more calm after a playoff loss" and thinks the Raptors will be fine.

Maybe we're not quite the laughingstock of the NBA some of you loyal fans have been crying about the last 15 hours
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X