Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 6: Toronto Raptors 102 - Washington Wizards 92 (TOR WINS 4-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heck of a win. Great team effort.

FVV back makes everything so much easier. It was first game back, so I'll cut Casey some slack on the odd usage for him. Early foul trouble threw the early game rotation out of whack. But good on Casey for going back to the well even with the Wizards getting hot on their jump shots early on. Tightened up the rotation in the second half, and closed the game nicely, even going so far as to leave DeMar on the bench until it started to look like a free throw competition might start up.

Just a rock solid game all around.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Some real Scott Foster magic happening in Salt Lake tonight.... The Jazz are getting boned really hard with some incredibly questionable calls by the Foster crew....

There is block called on Jae Crowder that is just incredibly bad....George jams his forearm into his chest and proceeds to run him over without the ball .. and you guessed it... its a block not a charge ....Hubie Brown .. ever the pro.... moves the conversation along.....

I can't cheer hard enough for the Jazz to win tonight....
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 27, 2018, 11:31 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Some real Scott Foster magic happening in Salt Lake tonight.... The Jazz are getting boned really hard with some incredibly questionable calls by the Foster crew....

There is block called on Jae Crowder that is just incredibly bad....George jams his forearm into his chest and proceeds to run him over without the ball .. and you guessed it... its a block not a charge ....Hubie Brown .. ever the pro.... moves the conversation along.....

I can't cheer hard enough for the Jazz to win tonight....

It's sad to see stuff like that.... OKC, despite being a tiny market, has somehow become a real daring of the NBA thanks to having Westbrook and stars on their team. So NBA doesn't want them to get knocked out in 6 by a "boring" team like the Jazz.

It's too bad really. Wish that things could be more based on merit without having these hidden not-so-hidden marketing-driven agendas.

Comment

• Lots of love for the bench mob tonight in Kyle and Demar's post-game presser

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            FVV man. Boy was I wrong about that guy. Sadly, he's gonna get paid somewhere but hopefully we can send them a champ.....
            ogi wrote: View Post
            It's really crazy to see how Fred unlocks the potential of that bench unit. Unfortunately the whole league is watching this and for anyone who's been sleeping on this team during the season the impact he has on the game has been made very clear after tonight.
            We all knew he was gonna have his breakout on the big stage.
            Here it is/here it comes!!!!!
            Thank the gods of basketball.

Let's enjoy and not despair. Let him do what he knows he can: prove he's worth us going into the tax for.

It's been widely said, there's not much cap-space around the league available for huge offers. Hopefully offer-sheets will have to remain even somewhat sensible so we can match and can bring this glorious squad back completely intact next year.

Looooooong way to go yet though y'all.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Heck of a win. Great team effort.

FVV back makes everything so much easier. It was first game back, so I'll cut Casey some slack on the odd usage for him. Early foul trouble threw the early game rotation out of whack. But good on Casey for going back to the well even with the Wizards getting hot on their jump shots early on. Tightened up the rotation in the second half, and closed the game nicely, even going so far as to leave DeMar on the bench until it started to look like a free throw competition might start up.

Just a rock solid game all around.
              I can't even explain how happy I was tonight that Casey went back to JV when Poeltl got into foul trouble. Mostly, and I can't stress this enough, I was so fucking happy I didn't have to see Bebe roam around the court aimlessly for any minutes with his weakass game.

Comment

• Scott Brooks gave a very gracious post-game press conference. The man looks exhausted, like someone who hasn't slept well in forever. Trying to manage a team led by guys like Beal and Wall, I really don't blame him... it's a tough task. You can't have both those guys on the same team. This isn't new, but I'm sure one of them has to go in the off-season.

But yea, Scott Brooks praised the Raptors highly. Best team in the East, said Dwane Casey is his definite pick to be COTY, and so on. Gracious guy.

Comment

• Have we ever finished a playoff series without knowing who we were going to face in the next round? Poor Z can’t even start the next game thread for a bit (well done, BTW). In the meantime, to stave off the karma of spending time saying who we want to play next, I propose a thread of a GIF-off between Goldblum and Rocwell.

Comment

• who's next
                    OG is our king

Comment

• I like Paul George... and for all his melancholy and drama over his career Carmelo Anthony is a decent human being......

Howver...I don't think it would be to harsh if Russell Westbrook contracted norwalk virus that lasted for the rest of his life....
                      - TGO

Comment

• I'm so puzzled as to why Brooks didn't play Mike Scott down the stretch in game 5 and 6. He was killing us. Absolutely puzzling decision.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• At least the Wizards die being who they are - a delusional bunch with no brain cells.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            I propose a thread of a GIF-off between Goldblum and Rocwell.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

At least the Wizards die being who they are - a delusional bunch with no brain cells.
                              Hey, look at that. Morris is a sore loser with no class. In other news, rain is wet.

Comment

• [IMG] [/IMG]
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X