Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 1, Game 6: Toronto Raptors 102 - Washington Wizards 92 (TOR WINS 4-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oubre joins the list of players I dislike. He is a bench player who went 3/11 and 1/7 from deep last game and he is talking trash lol

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1534681Raptors' Wright not happy with Oubre's assessment of his play on the road

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
      Oubre joins the list of players I dislike. He is a bench player who went 3/11 and 1/7 from deep last game and he is talking trash lol

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1534681Raptors' Wright not happy with Oubre's assessment of his play on the road
      somehow had more FT than Raptor other than Derozan
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        He's one of the most productive players on the roster. He should be playing the 4th quarter of every game, period. If you're Casey, pay better attention to in-game matchups, and if you see a matchup begging to be exploited, play him.
        Are we already forgetting that Casey bringing in Bebe in Game 1 most likely won us that game?

The Wizards were attacking JV in the pick and roll like we have seen time and time again, which is why JV sits fourth quarters.

Everyone here knows I've been pro-JV, anti-Casey for like six years, but if Casey played JV rigidly every fourth quarter and the Wizards went small, everyone would be dumping on Casey for not adjusting.

I can't believe I'm having to agree with Superjudge lol.

Comment

Yikes delon Wright is getting pissed off people! This is getting nasty

"I mean, that's his opinion," he said, according to TSN's Josh Lewenberg.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            I don't think Casey hates JV. I think he just hates the media and fans for criticizing him in the past about how he uses JV. From afar, JV and Casey seem to have a pretty good relationship. NBA is an ego/confidence driven business and Casey already swallowed a lot of pride over the culture reset. There's only so much mea culpa you can expect from him, publicly.
            I'm fond of saying Casey hates JV but I don't mean he really hates him personally
            But I do believe he doesn't repsect him enough or give him enough credit when it's due. In fact the opposite is true when he purposely leaves him out of any praise after a great game where he contributed greatly to the win. Almost ALWAYS.

The opposite is true for DeMar and Kyle where he is soft on the criticism and usually over praises for a decent effort. I understand that, they are your stars. And Kyle has been dishing to JV 100X more than in other years. Casey should notice.

PS I must have somehow missed all the media "criticizing him in the past about how he uses JV".
            Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Apr 26, 2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
              I'm fond of saying Casey hates JV but I don't mean he really hates him personally
              But I do believe he doesn't repsect him enough or give him enough credit when it's due. In fact the opposite is true when he purposelyleaves him out of any praise after a great game where he contributed greatly to the win. ALWAYS.

The opposite is true for DeMar and Kyle where he is soft on the criticism and usually over praises for a decent effort. I understand that, they are your stars. And Kyle has been dishing to JV 100X more than in other years. Casey should notice.

PS I must have somehow missed all the media "criticizing him in the past about how he uses JV".
              Like I said earlier today, Casey knows a lot better than us what makes each of those 3 guys tick. Maybe demar requires a different type of coaching or mentoring than JV does. It's worked so far, both players and the team continue to improve yearly..

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Are we already forgetting that Casey bringing in Bebe in Game 1 most likely won us that game?

The Wizards were attacking JV in the pick and roll like we have seen time and time again, which is why JV sits fourth quarters.

Everyone here knows I've been pro-JV, anti-Casey for like six years, but if Casey played JV rigidly every fourth quarter and the Wizards went small, everyone would be dumping on Casey for not adjusting.

I can't believe I'm having to agree with Superjudge lol.
                What is special about 4th quarters, though? If Jonas sucks at defending the PNR, why is he even starting? Why play him at all if he's that much of a liability?

Comment

Not to mention a wack-ass haircut.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    What is special about 4th quarters, though? If Jonas sucks at defending the PNR, why is he even starting? Why play him at all if he's that much of a liability?
                    It's silly.

The Bebe adjustment in game 1 was not actually a JV move. It was a Poeltl move. Poeltl was garbage in the first two games, so we saw Bebe get a shot with some bench units. In game one, he had the magic working, so Casey rode him throughout the 4th. I had no issue with it. Bebe got another shot with the bench in game 2, and was awful, so didn't get the extra minutes. Tried again in game 3, also awful, so he's probably buried for the foreseeable future now that Poeltl seems to be back in the groove.

It's not about Casey rigidly playing JV no matter what. It's about trying JV (and OG, and all the other best players on the team like DD and KL) no matter what. And pivoting away from that if it's not working. That's not what we've been seeing in this series. At all.

There's also recognizing when someone is a weak spot and when they just happen to be on the floor for a rough stretch. In game 4, the Wizard starters caught fire off some turnovers early in the third Q, hit 5/6 threes (which is crazy even on wide open catch and shoots, which they absolutely weren't), and the Raps saw their lead disappear. So OG and JV hit the bench for the rest of the game. And the team absolutely collapsed down the stretch. Over-reacting to stuff like that and losing sight of the bigger picture success guys are having is a big mistake.

Also, JV should definitely be playing against small ball lineups. Very few teams have enough shooting to really punish you with a 5-out lineup without sacrificing way too much elsewhere. When it's LeBron's true 5-out lineup, sure, that's an ideal case for some small ball matching up. But JV even had success hiding on a guy like Jeff Green against the Cavs. But the Wizards? If they want to beat us on Morris threes, yeah, go ahead. Heck, we saw that last night as well - the Wizards eventually bailed on Gortat in an attempt to get JV off the court, Casey played him anyway, and we continued to bury the Wiz.

The Wizards were attacking JV time and again in the PnR like we always see. Like they always do. And he's a team best +/- so far. That suggests that the Wizards attacking JV in the PnR is advantageous not to the Wizards but to the Raptors.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My great-grandmother (Lord bless her soul), spoke a regional/old form of the Portuguese language in which the word "obrar" or "obrou" means defecate. She would often ask my cousins (and probably me as well), toddlers at the time, something like "Ja obrou?", which loosely translates to "Have you pooped yet?".

Among other reasons, this is why every time I see Oubre, I can't help but imagine a big turd in a diaper.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

It's not about Casey rigidly playing JV no matter what. It's about trying JV (and OG, and all the other best players on the team like DD and KL) no matter what. And pivoting away from that if it's not working. That's not what we've been seeing in this series. At all.
                        That's my view. JV should be the default option in the 4th. If he sucks, then take him out. I don't think OG has earned the same degree of deference and, as I mentioned in the fourth quarter last night, the Lowry/DD/Miles/Wright/JV unit should be the default for fourth quarters. WSH is afraid of Miles and they are distorting their defense to take him away. It's a big advantage for Toronto....

I disagree with the general criticism of Casey, though. I think, for the most part, he's pushed the right buttons. I didn't like the game 4 fourth quarter lineups (and wrote that after the game) but those mistakes are made by every coach in the league.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Save your stats. We're working off gut instinct per 36

Comment

JV is the ultimate teammate.

Comment

The God of War understands what it takes for wictories
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X