Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

vs

Starting Lineup:

RAPTORS:

PG: Kyle Lowry
    SG: DeMar DeRozan
    SF: OG Anunoby
    PF: Serge Ibaka
    C: Jonas Valanciunas

CAVALIERS

PG: LeBron James
    SG: Rodney Hood
    SF: Cedi Osman
    PF: Jeff Green
    C: Kevin Love

Last Meeting
    APRIL 3, 2018
    RAPTORS 106 CAVALIERS 112

James scored 27 points, the last coming on a sensational layup, and the Cavaliers topped the Eastern conference leading Raptors. As Cleveland's crowd cheered following his artistic shot, James walked within a few feet of Toronto's bench, pounded his chest several times and screamed, "I'm still a problem!" DeMar DeRozan scored 19 and Jonas Valanciunas 17 for Toronto. The Raptors didn't quit and scored eight points in 34 seconds before the Cavs put it away with four free throws. Kyle Lowry scored only 5 on 2-of-11 shooting.

Keys To The Game:

1) 104.9. Toronto, eighth in defensive rating (104.9 points per 100 possessions) in the regular season, is a better defensive team than Indiana (16th, 106.3). That could make the Raptors better suited to survive an individual onslaught from James. The Raptors do have the same problem as every other team in the East — no one can handle James one-on-one. During the season, it was mostly rookie OG Anunoby, and according to the NBA’s matchup data, James shot 61.9 percent against Anunoby this season. But they can close off other scoring chances for the Cavs with the strong defensive play they showed in the regular season.

2) Two areas where the Cavaliers get much of their offense — spot-up shooting and transition — also happen to be two areas in which the Toronto defense excels. Cleveland was fourth in terms of percentage of possessions that came in transition (17.5) and seventh in transition efficiency (1.13 points per 100 possessions). The Raptors were No. 1 in defending transition, though, allowing 1.03 points per possession.And in spot-up shooting, the Cavs were tops in the league with 1.08 points per possession, while Toronto was ninth defending those shots, at 0.99 points per possession. Cleveland has already been struggling in that department in the postseason, dropping to just 0.71 points per possession on spot-up shots. If those numbers all break in Toronto’s direction, the Raptors' defense is in position to make James carry a heftier load than he can handle.

3) One key to the series will be Toronto's bench, where they have a huge advantage, which will allow them to go on big runs when LeBron is out of the game.

4) If Lowry and DeRozan play the way they've been playing and the offense continues it's sharing ways, the Raptors should be able to beat the Cavs. Toronto is the better team.

5) The time has come to dethrone the King.

Let's Go Raptors!!!!

Comment

I'm not even scared. Cavs sucks.

Toronto's line is set at 6.5 points.

Let's go!
      Last edited by rocwell; Mon Apr 30, 2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Different year. Different outcome. Fuck LeBum.

Comment

"But for me, the most respect I can give him is to not give him any respect in terms of going out there and trying to challenge him and take him down."
          How can you not love FVV?

When the Raps finally dethrone Cleveland, LeWhiner's gonna be calling it Leaveland again .... can't take credit for it, but it's good

Comment

Would warn you guys against underestimating the Cavs. They aren't as bad as they played in round 1. Top offense in the NBA post trade deadline.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              Would warn you guys against underestimating the Cavs. They aren't as bad as they played in round 1. Top offense in the NBA post trade deadline.
              Nah, they stink. Raps in 6.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                This I agree with. They didn't shoot the ball anywhere close to as good as they normally shoot it against us. I don't know if that was because of the Pacers defence or not but I hope it was so we can replicate that.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                  This I agree with. They didn't shoot the ball anywhere close to as good as they normally shoot it against us. I don't know if that was because of the Pacers defence or not but I hope it was so we can replicate that.
                  That's because Pacers stayed home on shooters, and made LeBum beat them single-handedly. It would be in our best interest to do the same.

Comment

Raps in 6.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

FUCK. THE. CAVS.

Go Zainab, keep the streak going

Comment

Oh no... Tristan. On to the next one? You should know better...

Comment

In OG we trust.

Comment

Comment

Zainab vs bron one on one. Who wins?
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                              X