Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And suddenly the man, who fancied himself a God, felt a very human chill crawl up his spine.

Edit: I'm making that my signature matter of fact *dusts off shoulder*
    Last edited by KeonClark; Mon Apr 30, 2018, 11:07 AM.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      I keep seeing this point but you have to be careful with that line of thinking. Remember, the Raps tried to 'let Lebron get his' in 2016 early on in games 1 and 2 and it was a layup line to the basket. Lebron had to work really hard to get buckets against Indy and that's the key: yeah, let Lebron get his but make sure he has to expend and enormous amount of energy doing so.

The one thing I would add to your list is pace. Raps can do the one thing Indy couldn't do over 48 minutes: push the pace. Especially late in the series, going half court battle with Lebron while the Cavs are getting 40+ free throws to Raps ~20 won't work.
      Yeah, should read: let LeBron get his, but also don't guard him with DeMarre freaking Carroll.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Then we need to run a lot of plays through OG and make LBJ work hard on defense. Of course, Casey won't do it, but a huge advantage for the Cavs is that we stick OG in the corner and Lebron can just take a nap out there.
        Will Lebron guard OG all series though?

If Demar gets going, they may be forced to put LeBron on him. Really, do they have a better perimeter defender?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
          OG likes to cut off the ball a lot. Also depending on how Kyle and DeMar play through the series LeBron might end up guarding one of them
          We should be running a lot of back screens on LBJ on OG's cuts. Like, several each play. Make LBJ bump into some bodies, and have to be watching for screens even if you don't hit him, all game long. And ideally you get OG to steer LBJ into those screens - the goal of the cut is not to get open (though, yeah, sure, if you can) but to engage LBJ for 24 seconds every possession.

Could also chase some early clock OG screens for Lowry or DD, hoping CLE will switch. Then you can be smacking LBJ with JV screens and freeing up the star guards at the same time.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And frankly, even if they "hide" LeBron on OG, don't know if that helps keep LeBron fresh. If our guards attack well and our bigs impact the game in the paint, Bron-Bron will have to help a lot in the paint (and thus likely leave OG open, so hopefully he keeps hitting his shots at a good rate). Bron is also their best interior defender.

The lesson here is their D has sucked big time, so put pressure on them and LeBron will be forced to waste a lot of energy on that end, no matter who he's matched up against.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 30, 2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Will Lebron guard OG all series though?

If Demar gets going, they may be forced to put LeBron on him. Really, do they have a better perimeter defender?

They'll probably put Smith on DeMar, at least to start. Besides that (in terms of non-LeBron options) I'm not sure...Jeff Green maybe?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Really, do they have a better perimeter defender?
                Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I wish I could photoshop the Pacers logo on the first basketball and then the Raptors logo on the second. That’s how I think this series will go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, should read: let LeBron get his, but also don't guard him with DeMarre freaking Carroll.
                    Or CJ Miles

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Print this chart and tape it to the back of Casey's COTY award.
                      + Masai EOTY

Comment

Even the hater, Screamin' A, wholeheartedly admits that the Raps are the superior team. Pressure is on....

Last edited by golden; Mon Apr 30, 2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          This is why this year will be different. From the main page:

That looks like someone doodled on a napkin. C'mon front pagers get you asses in gear, it's the second round for crying out loud.

Comment

Sports Illustrated picking Raps, too.

Lowry and DeRozan entered this postseason with much to prove. Both have always been standouts in the regular season, but have left a lot to be desired in playoff play. Lowry entered this latest run with one of the lowest field-goal percentages in postseason history, while DeRozan hasn’t been known to elevate the Raptors to new heights. Both have unfinished business against the Cavs. Last year, Lowry played in only two games of the sweep due to injury. DeRozan, meanwhile, struggled, averaging only 20.8 points per game on 42.6% shooting, going the entire series without hitting a three.

Fortunately for the Raptors, Lowry and DeRozan looked closer to their peak selves against the Wizards. Lowry averaged 17.2 points per game during the first round. DeRozan averaged 26.7 points per contest, while shooting 38.5% from three on 4.3 attempts per game. Toronto’s role players will certainly play a significant part in this series. The Raptors will need to dominate any minutes LeBron is not on the floor. But Toronto’s best players playing as the best version of themselves will go a long way in this series. It sounds simple enough, but it’s something that hasn’t happened much for that franchise in the past. If DeRozan and Lowry continue to perform like they are capable of, and don’t stumble like they have too many times before, the Raptors should finally be able to exorcise some LeBron-shaped demons.

The pick: Raptors in seven. It’s now or never.
                            https://www.si.com/nba/2018/04/30/nb...s-lebron-james
                            Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Apr 30, 2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

And some love fro NBA.com:

Indiana was successful in keeping its series against Cleveland all about basketball, even in defeat. Toronto, in being ousted by the Cavs in 2016 and 2017, has endured more of a psychological test. Specifically, DeRozan and Lowry seemed to have let James get into their heads. That’s the reason James was beating his chest, hollering “I’m still a problem!” late in an early April smackdown. But this is a deeper, more versatile and multi-faceted Toronto team, and Cleveland has taken a step back. Plus DeRozan, Lowry and the rest of them have just seen the Pacers push James and his crew to the brink. This time, stepping up in class in facing the Raptors and dealing with the cumulative grind of two long series means trouble for Cleveland. Raptors in 7.
                              http://www.nba.com/article/2018/04/2...finals-preview

Comment

Ratings matter. Stephen A Smith is holding his tongue, but we know.

Comment

Working...
                                X