Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 2: Toronto Raptors 110 - Cleveland Steamers 128 (CLE 2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 2: Toronto Raptors 110 - Cleveland Steamers 128 (CLE 2-0)

Y'all better buck up and buckle up

Cause just in case anybody's surprised...

It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Before we get too far in —

One more shoutout to Zainab
    for getting us out of Round 1.

Cheers to you, Zainab!!

NOW —
    WE CONTINUE ROUND 2

That's right folks...

This is Chef Goldblum
    serving you up
    a tasty dish
    for a Tasty W!!!

Let's go live to our correspondent...
    — April?

Thank you, April, for that in-depth analysis.
    Yer a regular OG Anunoby.

But it's fuckin' May now, April — no more excuses.

What do we want???? -----
    4 W's against LeWhiner!!!!

The lowly Pacers came up just short
    But it wasn't their time...

IT'S OURS.

We missed out on securing that first W last night,
    which friggin stings. Let's take a quick look...

Now.

Let's put that behind us and get down to what matters.

YOUR SQUAD FOR GAME 2:

Also starring:

Annnnd...
    The Dickheads:

Key's to the game:
    Just Fucking Win This Time.

I know you've all had a tough night...

And I know that's a lot to digest on a Wednesday morning...

I'll leave you with three final thoughts:

First off:

Secondly:

And Last But Not Least:

GOOOOOOO RAAAAPPS!!!!!
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Thu May 3, 2018, 02:47 PM.

I have no words!

Comment

Avoid U.S. media... Win tomorrow. And both games in Cleveland. Let's go.

Comment

This is the game thread I needed this morning. Enough talking about game 1. Let’s blow them out for four in a row. Take us home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not really going out on a limb by saying this, but this game decides the series.

Raps win, we take it in 7.

Raps lose, it's over in 5.

Comment

I know this is reactionary, but it's possible this might be core's last ever home game. If we lose this series, I can see one or all of them being traded. I hope we give them a huge ovation in case we lose this game.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Damn that was amazing Goldblum. When we win it will be worth the epileptic seizures some of those gifs triggered

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                I know this is reactionary, but it's possible this might be core's last ever home game. If we lose this series, I can see one or all of them being traded. I hope we give them a huge ovation in case we lose this game.
                I doubt it. Masai won't move Mr Toronto and he probably can't move Kyle or Serge given the tight cap environment. The only core guy to move is JV and he's been on the block for ages.

It's more likely that Casey is chopped to show the ticketholders we are doing *something*.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Having said that, we've basically assumed the core would be blown up every summer for the last 3 years. Wouldn't surprise me if Masai keeps these guys together for 2 more years, with more "tweaks" and "resets" built in, perhaps lessening the load on the starters even more.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I'm not really going out on a limb by saying this, but this game decides the series.

Raps win, we take it in 7.

Raps lose, it's over in 5.
                    Agreed. Raptors will win this game, considering they let Game 1 slip away, but if by chance they end up losing, Cavs will most likely win the series.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Having said that, we've basically assumed the core would be blown up every summer for the last 3 years. Wouldn't surprise me if Masai keeps these guys together for 2 more years, with more "tweaks" and "resets" built in, perhaps lessening the load on the starters even more.
                      In truth, one season really isn't enough time to re-program Kyle & Demar to stop reverting to the old habits that were drilled into them from the previous 4 seasons. But, if I had to bet on one of KL/DD/Casey moving, it's almost certainly Lowry.

But let's stop talking about that negative sh*t in here! This is a game thread for the next game. I'm done sulking.

Keys to the game: Focus. Focus. Focus. Every Possession Matters.

Raps W.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        I doubt it. Masai won't move Mr Toronto and he probably can't move Kyle or Serge given the tight cap environment. The only core guy to move is JV and he's been on the block for ages.

It's more likely that Casey is chopped to show the ticketholders we are doing *something*.
                        The Mark Jackson for Steve Kerr move?

Comment

On the bright side Lebron played 47 minutes last night which will hopefully wear him out more and a quick turnaround tomorrow.
                          Obviously some adjustments to make and reign in the turnovers we can win for sure. But got to be mentally tough in the clutch or the adjustments don’t matter.

Comment

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 2: Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Steamers, Thursday May 3, 2018 at 18:00 EST on SN1/ESPN

Raps have been in this situation before, but the stakes are way higher now. It was never supposed to be easy though.

We’re taking game 2!

EDIT: Per the post above, LeBron played 47 mins last game. He won’t be able to handle the combined forces of Pascal and OG for another game without cracking

Last edited by consmap; Wed May 2, 2018, 03:07 PM.
                            OG is our king

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              The Mark Jackson for Steve Kerr move?
                              That's how it would be sold. In reality the two situations are somewhat dissimilar given that we already underwent our culture change this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X